“Refreshing, beautiful and professional find in South Beach”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #48 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Refreshing, beautiful and professional find in South Beach”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I travel to Miami roughly once a month on business and have stayed mainly in luxury full-service hotels near the airport and in SoBe. I was not sure what to expect from a boutique hotel, especially on business travel, but was very pleasantly surprised to find a cozy, homey place with impeccable service and attention to detail, from the valet, to the shuttle driver, concierge, cleaning staff and pool attendants... I stayed in a king pool-view room (1 bedroom, kitchenette and bath), equipped with 2 flat screen tvs, a stereo and free wireless internet. The living room was tastefully done and able to accommodate small informal meetings, which also saved my non-profit any cost associated with meeting space, or overhead of coffeehouses, etc. (though I did take advantage of the free happy hour afforded to guests for additional meetings over a delicious sushi dinner at Kung Fu!) It was great value at low-season and included a free continental breakfast near the lovely pool area. Kudos to the Riviera and all of its devoted staff! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed at Riviera South Beach for three nights. It is very clean and fun place with very freindly staff and excellant service. The hotel is located just one block off the Collins Avenue on 20th street and is very near to the best part of the South Beach, Lincon Road and all the fun. The complimentary breakfast was basic but good. We also availed of the South Beach Group's complimentory Pick-up and Drop-off to the Miami airport.

The only disappointment was the Miami Allegator Safari, Miami city and boat tour that we booked through the Hotel conducted by Admiral Tours. After the Allegator safari we were dropped off for another bus to take us to Miami CIty tour. The driver did not had room for us so we were transfered to some other bus whose driver explained very little if at all in English as the tour was basically for Spanish speaking tourists.The quality of this trip and our experince was really bad. I do not advise any one to book tours with Admiral Tours, a complete ripp-off, they really don't care.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The first two night before the cruise, we were staying at the Catalina... The first night was the worst... The Catalina's unit was nice but it could of been a bit more cleaner. I did have ants in the unit and when I spoke with the front-desk, he told me that he was going to send the housekeeper supervisor to check the ants. She told me that sugar might have been left in the cabinets, which there was and that is where the ants were coming from, but if the placed had been cleaned properly the sugar would of been thrown away.I didn't like having to spray for ants myself, that's something that should of been noticed before I checked in. I'm a bit obsessed about cleanliness and check everything and it was OK but not as clean as it should of have been since you pay for a cleaning fee.
After the cruise we booked a room at the riviera, and let me tell you that we will be staying there from now on...The room was very clean and comfortable and the
price was right...
*Noise level is moderate and caused no problems (we are older and go to bed earlier than most, so we are sensitive to noise).
* I have to mention that the staff are the best..
* There were a few minor issues with the room and they were taken care of promptly and pleasantly.
* The rooms are bigger than the rooms from the Catalina..
* My rooms always were served on time.... The pool is perfect, it is very quiet...

Can't say enough good things!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
miami
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed at the Riviera south beach hotel from March 9th-March 11th. The hotel is very clean (lobby, room hallways and room). The staff are the friendliest people in the world.. beginning from the housekeeping to the pool attendant…. they clean your room and give you clean towels every day ..We were upgraded to a larger room at no extra cost. We didn’t use the pool, which did look a little small. However, you can’t beat the location for the price, 2 blocks from the beach. They serve a nice continental breakfast which has everything from eggs to sausage, Orange juice to cereal. My wife left something in the room and the hotel was very helpful in sending it back. Would definitely stay there again. The rooms have everything you need is like you home away from home.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jaso1982
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Stayed at the Riviera Suites for 3 nights of a birthday celebration. Good location unless you demand on being on the ocean. Close to a lot of the "it" places, like the Setai, Gansevoort, and W, so easy to walk to one of these for cocktails or dinner. Getting to the hotel's private area on the beach that they share with the Catalina is about a 4 block walk. The area around the hotel is quiet. They have a pool, which was not used because spending any amount of time out there led to mosquito attacks--Yikes!

Suites are former one bedroom apartments so are large. The decor is very dark and masculine. I agree that the lighting is low and although romantic, is not practical at times. Bathrooms are tight with little room to put toiletries, etc. I also concur with other reviewers that a dresser would be a welcome addition--there is no place to put folded clothes. TV's and stereos are nice, as are the little kitchenettes.

Sound insulation between rooms is non-existent. Light sleepers beware! Luckily the neighborhood was quiet.

Staff is adequate but not particularly friendly or exceptional. They let us check in early, which was a plus.

We got this place at a very low rate, which made this an amazing deal for South Beach. Served our party perfectly!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank BRANDY2426
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Rooms are clean but dark - bad for getting ready in the evenings! Service is friendly but poor. Strange smell in the corridors!! Nice location (near Liberty shops) and funky rooms - great for a break from the norm. Pool is non existent, beach is 2 blocks away

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sangria7
miami
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This was my 3rd time staying at the Riviera South Beach Hotel, Ive had nothing but Great service at this hotel in past stays. The hotel uses a company called Deco Parking for the guest cars. I was picking up my car to go to an event at 1:25 AM and it took 25 minutes to get my car, while I was waiting I herd a big bang and all valet attendants ran to see what the noise came from, I thought nothing of it at the time but when my car was brought to me the front bumber had a 4 inch hole and was lowered 1/2 inch the hood had a dent and the left headlight was busted. I inquired what happened to the car and they immediately told that they are not responsible for damage to cars nor missing items.
I asked to speak with the manager or owner of the parking garage and was told he is not in the country and will be back in a few weeks and I have to wait. I talked to the hotel and got NO WHERE whith them they pretty much told me the same thing that they are not responsible for anything that happends to peoples cars. I feel its wrong because this is the garage the HOTEL uses so that should make them responsible. Even the managment of the hotel The South Beach Group was not even willing to listen to my situation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple