“Not bad for the price and location”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #48 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed at the Riviera Hotel (6/27 - 7/4) traveling to Miami with my daughters Volleyball team. I was satisfied with our stay but like other reviewers have said, there are things that could be worked out by the staff and the Hotel. The best thing about the hotel is the location, just two blocks from the beach and walking distance to quite a few restaurants and businesses. The rooms were spacious, the suite that we stayed in had a king size bed with a full size pull-out (could sleep a family of 5, 3 on the bed & 2 on the pull-out). If you are flying into Miami airport the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to and from. If you are flying into Fort Lauderdale I would suggest SAS Transportation, we were give a rate of 13.00 per person per trip (for 4 people -with pickup at FLL to hotel and return trip), 104.00 total plus tip. Call ahead or send in an email reservation form online. Be careful of the added charges at the hotel, I was going to be charged an additional 70.00 for beverages from the rooms mini-bar and one other thing that I can't remember. The fee was taken off since I didn't touch the mini-bar.

• Stayed: June 2009
AsstGeneralManager1, assistant general manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2009

We enjoyed having your Volleyball team here with us.
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel.

We strive to make sure that every mini bar is checked everyday. In that week alot of the guests requested them removed. I am sure that was the error and appologize for that.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

I loved the hotel, the staff is very nice, really good bathroom. very large room.
my only concern - room too dark and need some shelf in the bathroom. i had a great time there and i will come back in 2 weeks and stay a week there. the only problem i didnt have help with my suitcases. the internet is great and free.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

We are glad to hear you are coming back! We have bellman staff from 7am till 11pm . I appologize if he was out helping another guest when you arrived.If you see the bellman is not available please ask the desk to call for assistance and myself or another staff member would be happy to help.

Looking forward to seeing you again and thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

I just got back from Miami and I spent three days at the Riviera Suites. The rooms were very nice (a little dark). The manager Michael and the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool and the adults enjoyed the pool area. The entire place was very clean. Just a few drawbacks: no happy hour at the Riviera as stated online and on the phone. Air condition did not work (but the manager did correct our bill). Overall I thought this was a great hotel and I enjoyed the service from the staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
AsstGeneralManager1, Assistant General Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2009

Sorry about the a/c. We strive to have everything in working order. With the hot summer months upon us we give our a/c units a hard time.

Thank you for the kind words about us as well.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

What a find! The Riviera South Beach is the newest property in the South Beach Hotel Group and having stayed in most of them I can honestly say it's by far the best. The entire staff, most notably Asst. GM Michael Hopper could not have more helpful and accomodating. The suites, all one-bedroom, are beautifully done and exude a sense of 1940's glamore. The location, a few blocks from Lincoln Road and one block from Collins Avenue is perfect. Close to everything but away from the madness SoBe can sometimes be. I've already booked 2 repeat visits.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TopDad52
AsstGeneralManager1, Asst. GM at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2009

Thank you for your positive review of our property. We appreciate the comments that you have made about us.
We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

although a tad overpriced, i enjoyed my stay at the riviera. the rooms are very nice...the lighting was dark of course and kind of annoying at times but no big complaints. i do wish that they offer more lighting for people that need it..very important to women for getting ready etc. the negative...the walls and floors are very thin so it was a bit noisy at times with people walking around. the front staff was helpful and the doormen were also very nice. the rooms are spacey but not much storage space to unpack etc. the breakfast was not that great at all...it consisted of toast, bagels, and coffee...not very appetizing. the happy hour at catalina was not great at all...nice bartender but she made some horrible drinks with cheap liquor. my advice...hit up ocean drive for happy hour. riviera is very close to the beach but a nice walk to ocean drive etc. i would stay at the riviera again but at a cheaper price next time.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
AsstGeneralManager1, Assistant General Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2009

Thank you for your review of our property.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The complimentary breakfast is a continental breakfast. Continental breakfasts are made up of bread items, fruit ,yogurt , juices and coffee. If you did not find some of these items available I am sure our attendant would bring some to your table.

The happy hour at the Catalina offers free drinks. Most other happy hours on the beach are two for one. I will make sure to advise the bar manager to check on the pouring of his bartender so that your next drink will be the very best.

Our rooms are decorated with subdued lighting for a romantic touch. In most of the bathrooms there is more lighting available and a make-up mirror as well.

On your next trip with us please check out our website as there are a lot of great deals right now.

Reviewed May 21, 2009

we spent two nights at the Riviera before departing on a cruise. This is a lovely boutique hotel, tastefully restored, and with smiling attentive staff. I somehow left my passport at the airport and the Manager was wonderful in locating it and arranging for me to pick it up.

The rooms are luxurious, spacious with every ammenity. Again very tastefully furnished, a little on the dark side, but thats why I liked it. So restful. The bed is enormous and one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, you just sink into it, I could have stayed there for days.

There is a small secluded pool area with some of the most confortable pool furniture, the attention to detail throughout this hotel is first class.

A continental breakfast is available at the poolside bar, with fruitjuices, coffee and a nice selection of fruit .

A complimentary bus service too and from the airport to the hotel door is a definite plus.
Just a few minutes walk from the beach and nightlife. - Great location.
Marks out of 10 9.5.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank lyndos22
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We got in on a Florida Resident's rate so the price was very good - 50% off the regular rate. The rooms are very large and quite well provisioned. As others have noted there is no bar or restaurant on site but if you cant find either one of these in SOBE then you should stay home.

We found the staff pleasant and helpful. Check in and check out was very fast and painless. We avoided the $30 valet by using a municipal lot on 17th and Convention Center Dr that caps out @ $20 per day. Dont look to park on the street - its residential permit only on the small streets around the hotel.

One caveat - as with most of the hotels here the walls are paper thin. You WILL hear EVERYTHING said,done and thought around you. Most of the noisy clubbers will vacate for the night and leave things relatively peaceful but if you want a dead quiet environment you will be disappointed.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
AsstGeneralManager1, Assistant General Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2009

Thank you for the compliments to our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into other solutions regarding noise between rooms.