“awsome”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #48 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2014

i stay for one night only from june 8 to june 9 and i had a wonderful experince and the front desk jean treated me with respect and he has a great customer service. i like the rooftop pool in the hotel both of them. i love happy hour and its a few minute from the beach and yo u cvan get any where easy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hello there Richard C,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Our staff all work hard to make sure they are providing outstanding service! . Jean is indeed a rock star and but one of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward in hosting your next visit to Miami!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

After waiting for 2 hours for my room to be ready when they told me that check in was at 3, but housekeeping attendants have not finish cleaning my room! I sat with my wife at the lobby with the other people waiting for their rooms to be ready. the bathroom in my room was dirty, clearly hadn't had a basic wipe-down, but we were going to look past the piss on the toilet seat because we were so happy to have arrived somewhere, anywhere after a very long day of travel. The little things annoyed us, but we'd get past it. But then I tried to crawl into bed -- what I found was dirty sheets, covered in someone else's hair. This was the last straw - a hotel with such high promises from their website should at least be clean!! To their credit, they offered to move me to another room, which was not ready, but my wife was tired, so we let them clean and changed all bedding. Also with one room so utterly disgusting I cannot believe that anything else they have to offer could be trusted. Thanks Riviera

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Smith_Han
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Good Day Smith_Han,

I am genuinely disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not up to your satisfaction. When we are sold out the night before, and have late check outs it takes longer to get things ready for the next set of guests. We do the best that we can to have things ready on time. Our housekeepers work hard to make sure that everything is spotless. I will make sure to inform them of your feedback! This is completely unacceptable and will not happen again! We hope that you would give us another chance in the future! I would love to personally handle your reservation, and make sure your time spent with us is an all-out success!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a great hotel in a really good location, close enough to the beach/Collins ave/Lincoln areas but far enough away to be nice and quite. The roof top pool is wonderful. The rooms are stylish and very comfortable. They charge a $17 resort fee but if you take advantage of the pools and the happy hour (free drinks at the bar) then it's really good value. I would definitely stay here again if I had the chance!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Evening cp-k-v,

Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just s bit north of all the action. We are in a quiet little residential neighborhood. We do indeed charge a $15 resort fee for the amenities that we offer. The R/T shuttle, cocktail hour from 7-8PM nightly, WiFi- just to name a few. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff, accommodations and warm personnel, pedro, downtown Julie brown behind the bar..fantastic!!! Excellent music during the night..location just a block from the beach, roof top pool very nice..

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Good Evening terp2u,

We appreciate the time you took, to share your feedback with us and all of our guests! Our staff work hard to make sure that everyone is enjoying their time spent with us! Pedro, and Julie are lovely, along with the rest of our hard working team! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I recently had a 3-night stay here (May 30 to Jun -2, 2014) and was very impressed by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff (Especially Pedro, Nikka, Valentina & Carlos), the quality of my room, and the excellent location of the hotel. The hotel has style and I would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mariogyr
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Hello Mariogyr,

We are delighted to read your lovely 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! Customer service is everything to us, therefore we provide the best to our guests! I will make sure that the mentioned staff is aware of your kind praise! We hope that you would stay with us again, when visiting South Beach!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The room was very nice and looked new. The bed was good and comfortable. There was a fridge filled with expensive drinks that we did not take but still got charged for (found out about this after we left, only $ 3,25 but still... not so happy about that). The rooftop pool is amazing. We went there on a very hot afternoon and had the pool and the floating beds to ourselves, what a nice way to relax and enjoy the view. We did not have drinks or food at the bar or restaurant, so we can't say anything about that. The staff at reception is very friendly and helpful, it was very busy when we checked in but they kept on smiling. I liked this hotel very much, I forgive them for the drinks issue and will gladly come back some day.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Good Day Jacq123,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We only use the best mattresses here at Riviera Suites. We will definitely remove the charge for the item you did not consume from the mini bar. We would never charge our guests for something that they did not use. The rooftop pool is such a spectacular place! It's a great spot to relax and soak up the sun, while sipping on a refreshing cocktail. We would love for you to come back for another great time!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We came down to Miami with my boyfriend to celebrate our anniversary, and Pedro made our stay amazing. As a surprise, he set the room up very nicely with a bottle of champagne to create a romatic atmosphere. He was always looking after us and making sure our stay was the best. I also reccomend Morenos restaurant for food, is very nice!!! Thanks Pedro for recomending it to us! The only thing i didnt like, is that we ordered the food and they wouldnt take it to the room, we had to wait to get it to go. And also I want to thank the general manager Darko. G, Ilona and the front desk supervisor Jenny Baluja coz they were very helpful. I ll be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginaalpe

Good Evening ginaalpe,

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!
We value each and everyone of our guests feedback! Pedro is absolutely amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well! He knows what outstanding service is, and provides it to all of our guests! I see that you were able to dine at Moreno's Cuba. They serve delicious Cuban cuisine there, and at a reasonable price. I will also make sure to inform Darko, Ilona, and Jenny about your lovely praise! Please come back soon!