“My go-to place on South Beach!”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #40 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“My go-to place on South Beach!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place is the bomb! Loved it! Back in the 90s we lived on South Beach. We hadn't been back in years and went down for just one night to visit a friend. We made a last-minute decision to get a room (through Priceline) and lucked out with the Riviera. Although, it's a bit north of the cluster of bars and restaurants in "mid-beach" (say, 12th-14th streets) it's a very pleasant 15 minute walk down Washington or Collins and it was nice to head back north a bit to the quieter end of South Beach after a night of bar-hopping.

Pedro T. at the front desk could not have been more welcoming and friendly. The lobby is very hip. The back bar/restaurant is great for hanging out for coffee or a drink. The views from the rooftop pool are fantastic. We slept beautifully in the king-size bed until minutes before check-out. We just didn't want to leave. The room was spotless. I have only great things to say about the place. I followed up with a phone call shortly afterwards to ask a billing question and Yolanda on the phone was so friendly and gracious.

Going forward we have decided to make annual visits to Miami Beach to keep up with our old friends from the 90s and we have found our place to stay--The Riviera!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Good Evening MisterMeadows,

We absolutely love when guests post their 5 star feedback! We are located a bit more North of all the action, but we are still right around the corner from all the action. Pedro our front desk agent is lovely and all of our guests think so as well! I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! We hope that you would come and stay with us again, when visiting South Beach!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Reviewed April 16, 2014

So this is my second time staying here, the first time around it was just for one night so I wasn't there long enough, the room was small though.

This time I booked it for a week, I normally stay at the Fontainebleau but wanted something closer to the beach and not as expensive. So I've compiled pros and cons

Pros
1 staff at front desk are helpful as much as they can be, language barrier aside it'd be top marks
2 free upgrade to a balcony room, way bigger and really spacious
3 location

Cons
1 no room service which is weird for a 4 star
2 loud entertainment, was going on till late the night I arrived, also be wary if you stay in building three there is construction work going on, so no lie ins! Ever!
3 hot water stopped working in my room for last three days of the stay
4 room wasn't cleaned properly daily, floor was dirty, that's me being overly picky
5 pool areas were ok, bit basic and no atmosphere

Just from experience, if you need a doctor the hotel will say they know one they can call, be wary! He wanted to charge me $525 for just a consultation and was really pushy, I was ill not stupid, he wasn't willing to take my holiday insurance as "payment took too long" to reach him, so if you need medical help go to mount Sinai hospital it's not far and way better treatment and they'll take your travel insurance details

Good Evenign MissArianaRose,

We value all of our guests feedback, and thank you for sharing yours with us! We are glad that you were content with the upgrade that you got. Our Balcony rooms are more spacious. We are tucked away in a quiet residential neighborhood, just blocks away from all the action. I will make sure to inform management about the loud music that you experienced. This is not acceptable and I will make sure that it doesn't happen again! Mount Sinai Hospital is right around the corner and they have amazing doctors there.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our first trip to South Beach (via MIA - a frantic airport!) found us in one of the retro-deco hotels that promises, but does not deliver luxury and ambiance of South Beach. Fairly good location; walking distance to beach, restaurants and shopping, but our room was quite small, filled with furniture, leaving little room to move around. Our TV system did not receive PBS channel (Damn! missed "Downton Abbey!") and no one at the front desk could explain the cable TV system. At these prices, we expected in-room coffee and complimentary breakfast. Neither was offered. At check out, I discovered billing error (I prepaid on-line) and, even though I had printed documentation in hand, it took 30 minutes for a "manager" to correct it. We will not book this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, spend the extra money for a suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Good Afternoon TRAVELogists,

We value all of our guests feedback and we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are tucked away in a quiet residential neighborhood just blocks away from all the hottest spots on South Beach. Unfortunately we do not offer complimentary breakfast here at Riviera Suites, nor do we advertise that. We have a lovely restaurant called Moreno's Cuba that offers delicious Cuban cuisine- breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I arrive to this hotel after I had an ordeal with another hotel (Metropole) that I had a reservation in and they sent me to this hotel. From the moment I walked in I knew this was going to be a good hotel and go experience. We arrived at 4am and the 2 gentleman in the front Frank and David were very pleasant and humble. They took care of us from the minute we walk in. We were suppose to get a standard from and they upgraded us to a balcony bc that was the only other room that they had at the time. I them the situation that I had in the other hotel and they were extremely apologetic and they were very upset that we went through what we went through at the hotel. David gave us the information the manager so we can talk to her in the morning but he relayed her the message. The manager Jenny was very attentive and very helpful they upgraded us to a suite and compensated us with a couple of thing. She went above and beyond with everything and made sure we had a great time In our stay. The front desk called the E - car and he came right away and the driver Joe was awesome as well. I couldn't of asked for anything better from this stay. Thank you

1 Thank vlopez33
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Good Evening vlopez23,

We love guest feedback and love it even more when it's 5 stars! :) Thank you for sharing yours with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that your time spent with us was such a great one! I see that we were able to upgrade you to a balcony room! We are always willing to accommodate guests with an upgrade if we have clean, ready rooms available. I will make sure to inform all of the mentioned staff about your kind praise! Please come back soon for another memorable time!

Pender, Nebraska
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a terrific week-long stay! The ample staff pampered us; Mgr. Darko G. was very attentive, Pedro T. and Giovanna were our front-desk go-to people, Britt B. as manager of Morenos made it our home-away, wait staffers Amanda, Mia, Scarlett and Corey were a super team, and bartenders Marlon and Alex kept us refreshed and entertained. Bellmen services, especially by Eric and Alejandro, kept us in cabs - no need to rent a car here! We had some amazing evenings by following suggested locations... We will be back!

Room Tip: Being in Building #3 was very convenient and had a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello there Maureen S,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are extremely glad to read that you shared yours with us! It seems like our staff provided outstanding service while you were with us! I will make sure to inform them all about your lovely praise! Please come back for another memorable time with us! We would love to have you!

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Jenny first off is a gem she is a savior to me and my boyfriend needed to write quick email to my boss she helped me with that. The hotel has a wonderful decor and staff is incredibly helpful rooms a a little dark but loved my stay.

Good Evening Lovinstylegg,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! Jenny our front desk manager is lovely, and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will definitely make sure to inform her of your kind praise! We like to keep the rooms a bit dark and relaxed. We offer extra lamps for those guests who need more lighting. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were shocked at the beautiful pools and the beauty of the outdoor furniture. Daily the pool attendant came around and cleaned the ash trays, umbrella stands, and supervisors checked the outdoor bathrooms. The outdoor furniture was very comfortable and clean! It looked like the picture online. The staff was very attentive but not annoying. The only thing I would caution is the small size of the room. We mentioned that to Ilona, a member of the reception staff, and asked her if there was any chance we could have a larger room for our last two nights. Ilona was so accommodating and friendly. She got back to us within minutes and upgraded our room to a suite. She went above and beyond to satisfy my family. For the past few years, we have stayed at Dream Hotel South Beach, which we loved, however, we will not be returning to Dream we will always stay at Riviera Hotel! We highly recommend the Riviera hotel South Beach to anyone you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: If u have a lot of luggage, book a suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello there Beth W,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that your time spent with us was a 5 star one! We offer 2 beautiful pools here at Riviera Suites. One of them that is on the rooftop and the other that is on the ground floor. Our staff are always hard at work to make sure that the grounds are well maintained, and that everyone is having a great time!! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We do offer rooms that are larger for those guests who need more space. I am glad that Ilona was able to upgrade you to another room that was bigger! :) We can't wait to have you stay with us again in the future! :)