“The best hotel.”

Ranked #48 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“The best hotel.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I arrive to this hotel after I had an ordeal with another hotel (Metropole) that I had a reservation in and they sent me to this hotel. From the moment I walked in I knew this was going to be a good hotel and go experience. We arrived at 4am and the 2 gentleman in the front Frank and David were very pleasant and humble. They took care of us from the minute we walk in. We were suppose to get a standard from and they upgraded us to a balcony bc that was the only other room that they had at the time. I them the situation that I had in the other hotel and they were extremely apologetic and they were very upset that we went through what we went through at the hotel. David gave us the information the manager so we can talk to her in the morning but he relayed her the message. The manager Jenny was very attentive and very helpful they upgraded us to a suite and compensated us with a couple of thing. She went above and beyond with everything and made sure we had a great time In our stay. The front desk called the E - car and he came right away and the driver Joe was awesome as well. I couldn't of asked for anything better from this stay. Thank you

1 Thank vlopez33
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Good Evening vlopez23,

We love guest feedback and love it even more when it's 5 stars! :) Thank you for sharing yours with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that your time spent with us was such a great one! I see that we were able to upgrade you to a balcony room! We are always willing to accommodate guests with an upgrade if we have clean, ready rooms available. I will make sure to inform all of the mentioned staff about your kind praise! Please come back soon for another memorable time!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Pender, Nebraska
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a terrific week-long stay! The ample staff pampered us; Mgr. Darko G. was very attentive, Pedro T. and Giovanna were our front-desk go-to people, Britt B. as manager of Morenos made it our home-away, wait staffers Amanda, Mia, Scarlett and Corey were a super team, and bartenders Marlon and Alex kept us refreshed and entertained. Bellmen services, especially by Eric and Alejandro, kept us in cabs - no need to rent a car here! We had some amazing evenings by following suggested locations... We will be back!

Room Tip: Being in Building #3 was very convenient and had a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello there Maureen S,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are extremely glad to read that you shared yours with us! It seems like our staff provided outstanding service while you were with us! I will make sure to inform them all about your lovely praise! Please come back for another memorable time with us! We would love to have you!

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Jenny first off is a gem she is a savior to me and my boyfriend needed to write quick email to my boss she helped me with that. The hotel has a wonderful decor and staff is incredibly helpful rooms a a little dark but loved my stay.

Good Evening Lovinstylegg,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! Jenny our front desk manager is lovely, and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will definitely make sure to inform her of your kind praise! We like to keep the rooms a bit dark and relaxed. We offer extra lamps for those guests who need more lighting. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were shocked at the beautiful pools and the beauty of the outdoor furniture. Daily the pool attendant came around and cleaned the ash trays, umbrella stands, and supervisors checked the outdoor bathrooms. The outdoor furniture was very comfortable and clean! It looked like the picture online. The staff was very attentive but not annoying. The only thing I would caution is the small size of the room. We mentioned that to Ilona, a member of the reception staff, and asked her if there was any chance we could have a larger room for our last two nights. Ilona was so accommodating and friendly. She got back to us within minutes and upgraded our room to a suite. She went above and beyond to satisfy my family. For the past few years, we have stayed at Dream Hotel South Beach, which we loved, however, we will not be returning to Dream we will always stay at Riviera Hotel! We highly recommend the Riviera hotel South Beach to anyone you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: If u have a lot of luggage, book a suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello there Beth W,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that your time spent with us was a 5 star one! We offer 2 beautiful pools here at Riviera Suites. One of them that is on the rooftop and the other that is on the ground floor. Our staff are always hard at work to make sure that the grounds are well maintained, and that everyone is having a great time!! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We do offer rooms that are larger for those guests who need more space. I am glad that Ilona was able to upgrade you to another room that was bigger! :) We can't wait to have you stay with us again in the future! :)

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We originally booked a standard room; the noise from the bar which has happy hour every night was too much, so we complained and they moved us to a different (higher rate) room with no charge which was nice. The room was spacious and had very nice furniture and etc, but AC didn't work and there was leak coming from the ceiling in the shower which was bringing in (dirty) water from someone else's room. Next morning, we complained and changed to another room. Finally, we settled in. All of the 3 rooms had very low water pressure in the shower and did not have hot enough water temperature. I heard a fellow guest checking out saying she had no hot water in her room when she was asked how her stay was.

The service at the front desk is very slow. Some people were very courteous, but some female employees at the counter were not very helpful. When we got voucher for the chairs on the beach, all we were told was to go to the beach between 18th st and 17th st. We got no other explanation such as to look for red/ white stripe umbrellas and etc. Not all of the staff is well trained. Also, they do not pick up calls from the rooms when they're busy. We witnessed external phone calls have more priority for them. I guess treat future customers better since the guests already paid/ will pay.

I did not think it's worth the money. Plus throwing extra $5 on my credit card for mini bar we did not use definitely didn't help improve my impression of this hotel.

The restaurant they have is very overpriced and portion is super small. My husband ordered 2 meals but it was like kids meal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Yea great time at the riviera the staff is happy and funny all the time jenny is wonderful rooms were nice fancy and modern the location is great overall the experience was enjoyable and pleasing two blocks away from beach and entertainment

Floral Park, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great location, great staff and excellent customer service. I would like to thank Kathrine and Jenny to help me make my girlfriend's birthday extra special by upgrading us to a wonderful suite and decorating the room. The cake was wonderful and I am looking forward to my next stay at this wonderful hotel!! We loved both the pools and the beach is only 2 blocks away. The complimentary beach chairs are great way to relax on the beach. Beach umbrella required extra $15, which is not bad at all. They also provide comfortable shuttle bus from/to airport every hour.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple