Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Marriott Hotels
$439
$429
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
$219
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$238
$174
$204
$199
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$196
$179
3,325 results
All reviewsamaury guzmanfront deskhappy hourbell personrooftop poolsouth beachcuban restaurantthree buildingsfree airport shuttlefree drinksbalcony roomconvention centerone bedroom suitean upgradespecial thankstwo blocksbeach chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed May 2-7th of2013 when our other hotel was overbooked and we were forced to find last-minute accommodations for 11 people! Riviera Suites got us a suite and 2 regular rooms and were very helpful with our situation. Laura Martinez, Alex and Melissa are wonderful! And very patient because we kept accidentally de-activating our room keys and they would quickly re-activate them when needed.

The pool area is secluded and peaceful and the poolside breakfast delightful. We were close to the action but still had quiet and tranquility when needed. My only complaint would be the completely see-through glass doors of the bathrooms (that looked straight at the toilet - so odd) but the maids didn't mind that we tacked up a towel and allowed us to keep it there for our stay so we could have some bathroom privacy. Great value, great visit. Thank you!

Room Tip: The suites are awesome - overlooking the pool and beautiful (just like in the pictures they post); the regular rooms are spacious and bright with nice extras (like huge beach bags - very useful). Ask for a bathroom where the door isn't glass or doesn't look right at the toilet if you don't want to share too much with your roommates!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Hello Gemyst,

Thank you for your time to post your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am extremely sorry that the other hotel was overbooked, but what a wonderful upgrade you got!! Our staff at Riviera Suites are fantastic! They are always eager to assist and provide the best service! Our pool area is a wonderful area to relax and enjoy a great continental breakfast at. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The room itself was fine. Clean and adequate. The customer service was slow, sometimes rude and uninformative from the start. Worst experience was with the airport shuttle. We were told the shuttle left every hour on the hour. In reality it leaves as late as 25 mins past the hour so watch your schedule. Turns out the airport shuttle is a party bus that picks people up from 10 different hotels and has NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!! We arrived at the airport in a pool of sweat! Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not recommend this hotel.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I loved this hotel! At check in Laura M. and Jordan were most helpful in getting us situated, especially since the original room we were booked in was being worked on. They were quick to apologize for the inconvenience and get us into another room really quick. The room was amazingly chic and contemporary which we found to our liking. We stayed in the suites side and the noise level was almost nonexistent. Even when there was activities going on by pool side, we barely heard it in our room, which was good since our windows faced in towards the pool. We were able to walk everywhere from this hotel, which was very convenient. The only negative aspect of this trip was that the hotel advertises free airport shuttle services, but they fail to mention that it runs on the hour and if you want it from the hotel, one must make a reservation the night before. Just expect to pay a $33 cab ride, each way, if your flight comes in between the hours and if can't make the shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is so awful. There's couple things you need to be aware of.
1. We booked a two queen beds room, however, when we arrived there, they only gave me a one king bed room. And I requested a change to two beds room. They said I need to pay extra 60 dollars to change a room. I asked if it is an upgrade because the room I booked was full. The manager named Renee said no, it's the same room type( balcony), but If i need two beds, I need to pay 60 dollars plus tax. I said that's the room I booked, why I still have to pay extra 60 dollars for the room, it's unfair! And I just noticed, I'm not the first person has this problem here! Mostly, the manager Renee's attitude was super disappointed! She treated me like a criminal with disrespectful and arrogant. Her attitude totally freaks me out, she doesn't show any apology for that, instead, she's really really RUDE to me!! Worst customer service EVER had! I think I need official apology from her!
2. The room I got is totally different from the picture they posted on their website. From their gallery, the room should be fancy boutique style. What I got, is crude motel style. Plain white interior, paint got off from wall and door, super tiny bathroom without sink, bed without duvet cover( only one white quilt was given),toilet seat would move when you use it, and dent on the pillows! Not mention the enforced 15 dollar resort fee, which lots of people mentioned in their reviews. I don't know how and why it's a 4 star hotel.
3. The mostly ridiculous thing is, when I called front desk to send a toothbrush, they said they don't have a toothbrush! What?! This is the first hotel doesn't have a toothbrush! Even holiday inn is better than them!
Honestly, this is the worst hotel experience I have ever had so far, the hospitality is awful! Last time I went to Miami, I stayed in ritz Carlton, it was extremely a pleasure. And here, riveria suite, will totally ruin your trip! So, stay away!

1  Thank Zzzzz915
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel is located 2minutes walk from ocean boulevard, where action is in Miami beach area, but with quietness added. Service is ok, despite a cold welcome when checking in. Rooms are perfect for this kind of hotel : Art Deco style, very clean, and comfortable. For car parking, don't hesitate to park by yourself on the streets around the hotel, you'll spend less than $15 from 8:00pm till 09:00am next day.