“Great time”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #49 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great room !! My new wife and I visited Miami for the first time and were really impressed. The staff was very helpful and nice. They pointed us to the places to go and the free beach towels and beach chairs were are huge bonus. The Riviera is just a few minutes to the beach and great food. Not to mention the BEST HAPPY HOUR EVER! Jason was great! Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank scottannouncer
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Good Afternoon scottannouncer,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful 5 star feedback. We love when our guests have had a great time with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first trip to Miami! Our staff is always eager to assist you and provide excellent service! Our amenities are a great addition to your stay and we are glad that you were able to enjoy them! Jason is great and I will definitely let him know of your kind praise!

Have a great night!

Katrine

Write a ReviewReviews (3,186)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Jayson, the amazing bartender, treated us so great. We were on our honeymoon and he made some tasty tropical drinks that really started our night out great. Our room was really clean and fresh and we were just a short walk to the beach. The pool was quiet and romantic too.

• Stayed: May 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Director of Sales at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Hello beckablair,

Your 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and all of our future guests! Jayson is a great bartender and knows how to start the party right and keep it going! He always provides our guests with excellent service along with the rest of our staff! Our housekeepers work hard to ensure that each and every room is thoroughly cleaned so that all of our guests are comfortable. We definitely hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a wonderful trip to South Beach and our stay at the Riviera was just as we expected and hoped. the Happy Hour, hosted by Jayson is great- not only is there free drinks for an hour, but also it's a great way to socialize and start your evening. Jayson is very informative, and not only sent us to a great restaurant the first night we were there (5 nights for us total) but also suggested particular meals which turned out to be excellent. Yolanda was very helpful making reservations from the front desk on another night, our anniversary, and Alex and Laura M. and Jefferson at the front desk were helpful in us procuring a rental car and parking. The housekeeping staff was attentive and the amenities in terms of toiletries and the like were top notch. The hotel is a ten minute walk from the beach, which brings you away from the craziness of the revelers, but not distant at all really. Front desk staff gets you beach towels and a pass to be on a certain part of the beach, and the staff down there (Giovanni?) were great, too. Amaury was helpful when we were checking out with our bags and procuring the shuttle. All around, for the price it's a great boutique smaller hotel for a south beach vacation. Are there nicer hotels? Probably- but they are much more expensive. We liked the location and the price. Good job people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Phil S,

We are very glad that you provided us with your honest feedback, Thank You! I am extremely glad that we were everything that you expected, and hoped for when staying at a hotel! The cocktail hour is a perfect way to start the night off right. With Jayson as your bartender nothing can go wrong! :) All of our staff is great and they are all eager to provide you outstanding service! The location of our property is great! We are a walk away from the beach, shops, restaurants, bars, lounges, etc. Please come back soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel through Hotwire.com so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into since you basically pick a location - agree on a price...and then they present you with the hotel you've booked. Upon arriving at the hotel (around 10am Sunday night), I was notified that the "free" airport shuttle and the other "free" amenities that are provided actually come at a cost of $15 per day. You are charged this fee regardless if you partake in any of the services.

Once I arrived to my room, I was shocked to see that it consisted of basically a concrete floor, walls and ceiling. There was a bed and desk, but I essentially felt as if it had just walked into something very similar to "The Hole", which held Andy Dufresnein the movie "The Shawshank Redemption". There was no carpet, nothing on the walls and the sink was not in the bathroom, but rather around the corner outside the closet.

The layout of the hotel is such that your room opens to an open air court yard and not the inside of a hallway...sounds nice right? WRONG! Since there was a half inch gap between the bottom of my door and the floor, I had to listen to every drunk walk back to their room. Additionally at 6AM, I got to hear to construction workers arrive to work, remove their jackhammers and begin work on the street immediately outside my room. I was never warned by the hotel that there is road construction outside my window and that I'd be woken up at 6AM by a jackhammer.

In summary, this hotel discounts its rooms on hotwire.com because no one actually pays full price for what they have listed on their website. The rooms feel like jail cells, the outside noise continues until the wee hours of the night and the constriction beings early in the morning. Do not stay at this hotel, and be very careful if you're booking a hotel in Southbeach on Hotwire. They claim this is a four star hotel online, which is a complete joke to me after having stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank philipa767

Hello philipa767,

Your extensive and honest feedback is very much appreciated! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! We do indeed charge a $15 resort fee that does include all of the amenities that our guests love to enjoy. The decor of our rooms are very chic yet sophisticated. We like for our guests to have as much space and not feel claustrophobic. We apologize for the construction that is going on outside of the hotel, and the inconvenience this has caused you. This work is going to be done and over with very soon. I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was lucky enough to be in Miami on business at the conference centre. This hotel is 2 blocks from the Conference Centre and therefore perfect. I was here for 6 nights and there was nothing that I would make a negative comment about. Hotel shuttle bus is ideal and free , a buffet breakfast albeit limited but free, a free happy hour from 7 - 8 each evening. I stayed on for a few nights, and whilst it would have been nice to stay at a beachfront hotel, I couldn't really complain since it was 1.5 blocks to the shore where even the sunbeds were free but you need to pay for the umbrella.
My room was on the 3rd Floor ( nobody above me) and was a suite and was very very comfortable.
The hotel is just off Collins and 20th so walking to everything is possible - Ocean Drive, shopping and walking along the beachfront is all easily accessible.
A great spot with helpful friendly staff that really made my stay in Miami Beach an affordable one.
The hotel is expanding and adding a rooftop pool with a Brazilian restaurant so maybe I will get a chance to try this out in the future.

Room Tip: I had Room 304 that nobody above. A few of my colleagues commented that because the rooms have woode...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon Eileen C,

Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated! We are indeed 2 blocks away from the Convention Center. I am very content that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were able to take advantage of our lovely amenities. From the shuttle, to the cocktail hour, to the breakfast, and lounge chairs and towels- our guests love them all. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. We are indeed expanding and we would love for you to come back when everything is all set and done. We hope to see you then!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and were a little nervous, but we had a great stay. The free hotel shuttle picked us up right as scheduled from the airport. Greeted by very friendly, but not pushy bus boys. Check in was smooth. The girl ahead of us was creating a problem- she wanted to check in early and she wasn't the one who even made the reservation, but the staff were extremely accommodating and let her settle in before the rest of her party showed up.

Our room was on the 3rd floor- very chic decor. Settled in then made our way down to happy hour. Jason, the bartender was great and even made me a special chocolate martini- which was one of the best I've ever had. Yum! We asked the front desk what their opinion was of the restaurant Sylvano because we planned to go there and they said it was great. However, we ended up having a horrible experience at that restaurant- we were completely ignored and never got our meal after 90 minutes, finally came back to the hotel and ordered a pizza which was delivered right to our room. So, don't go to Sylvano's!

That night the air conditioner was the only real problem (other than some noise from the hallway). The air conditioner controls were locked so that you could not change any of the settings. It turned on and off on its own. The only thing you could do was unplug it. I woke up in the middle of the night dying of heat and couldn't get the damn thing to kick on. So, that was really annoying, but overall we really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was nice but very minimal. It is set up beautifully poolside, but the options are very limited. There was toast, cereal, muffins, fruit, .... and I think that was about it. There were no "hot" options, no eggs. The pool seemed nice, we didn't have time to try it out. Lots of tree debris in the pool.

We did walk over to South Beach and that was a really enjoyable morning. Your stay at this hotel includes a $15 resort fee which gives you free towel rental and beach chairs if you want them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello M-SLC-UT,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest extensive feedback! I am very content to read that you had a great time while staying with us! The amenities that we offer our guests are great and save some bucks. :) The shuttle is very convenient and is a $70 saving! The cocktail hour is a perfect way to start the night off right. Jason is a wonderful employee and all of our guests love him! Our employee's are always ready for whatever situation and take care of it with professionalism! I am terribly sorry to read about the air conditioner! Did you inform the front desk about this situation? If we were aware of this we would have offered to move you to another room or if not had maintenance to come and fix it. We have this system for the thermostat as we have had guests tamper and break them in the past. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast therefore we only serve these items. We hope that you would come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We travelled in a group of 4 for work. Most of the rooms we stayed in were superlarge, but all different. Some didn t have a lot of closet rooms, some did. Mine had a sitting/dining area with kitchenette, a bathroom and bedroom, with a lot of closets. Windows at the back of the hotel.
Bed, shower, mini bar all perfect. For me alone the room could have been smaller and a bit more cosy, but heh who s complaining? We did not have breakfast in the Hotel; we prefered to go to Ocean Drive and sit outside on a terrace.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hello Doubleyoudee,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! It seems to me like you had a great time while staying with us and that you loved everything about the hotel. We hope that the next time you come to South Beach you will stay with us!