“Good quality at the right price and lots of freebies!”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #51 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Glasgow, UK
“Good quality at the right price and lots of freebies!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was lucky enough to be in Miami on business at the conference centre. This hotel is 2 blocks from the Conference Centre and therefore perfect. I was here for 6 nights and there was nothing that I would make a negative comment about. Hotel shuttle bus is ideal and free , a buffet breakfast albeit limited but free, a free happy hour from 7 - 8 each evening. I stayed on for a few nights, and whilst it would have been nice to stay at a beachfront hotel, I couldn't really complain since it was 1.5 blocks to the shore where even the sunbeds were free but you need to pay for the umbrella.
My room was on the 3rd Floor ( nobody above me) and was a suite and was very very comfortable.
The hotel is just off Collins and 20th so walking to everything is possible - Ocean Drive, shopping and walking along the beachfront is all easily accessible.
A great spot with helpful friendly staff that really made my stay in Miami Beach an affordable one.
The hotel is expanding and adding a rooftop pool with a Brazilian restaurant so maybe I will get a chance to try this out in the future.

Room Tip: I had Room 304 that nobody above. A few of my colleagues commented that because the rooms have woode...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Good Afternoon Eileen C,

Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated! We are indeed 2 blocks away from the Convention Center. I am very content that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were able to take advantage of our lovely amenities. From the shuttle, to the cocktail hour, to the breakfast, and lounge chairs and towels- our guests love them all. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. We are indeed expanding and we would love for you to come back when everything is all set and done. We hope to see you then!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and were a little nervous, but we had a great stay. The free hotel shuttle picked us up right as scheduled from the airport. Greeted by very friendly, but not pushy bus boys. Check in was smooth. The girl ahead of us was creating a problem- she wanted to check in early and she wasn't the one who even made the reservation, but the staff were extremely accommodating and let her settle in before the rest of her party showed up.

Our room was on the 3rd floor- very chic decor. Settled in then made our way down to happy hour. Jason, the bartender was great and even made me a special chocolate martini- which was one of the best I've ever had. Yum! We asked the front desk what their opinion was of the restaurant Sylvano because we planned to go there and they said it was great. However, we ended up having a horrible experience at that restaurant- we were completely ignored and never got our meal after 90 minutes, finally came back to the hotel and ordered a pizza which was delivered right to our room. So, don't go to Sylvano's!

That night the air conditioner was the only real problem (other than some noise from the hallway). The air conditioner controls were locked so that you could not change any of the settings. It turned on and off on its own. The only thing you could do was unplug it. I woke up in the middle of the night dying of heat and couldn't get the damn thing to kick on. So, that was really annoying, but overall we really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was nice but very minimal. It is set up beautifully poolside, but the options are very limited. There was toast, cereal, muffins, fruit, .... and I think that was about it. There were no "hot" options, no eggs. The pool seemed nice, we didn't have time to try it out. Lots of tree debris in the pool.

We did walk over to South Beach and that was a really enjoyable morning. Your stay at this hotel includes a $15 resort fee which gives you free towel rental and beach chairs if you want them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello M-SLC-UT,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest extensive feedback! I am very content to read that you had a great time while staying with us! The amenities that we offer our guests are great and save some bucks. :) The shuttle is very convenient and is a $70 saving! The cocktail hour is a perfect way to start the night off right. Jason is a wonderful employee and all of our guests love him! Our employee's are always ready for whatever situation and take care of it with professionalism! I am terribly sorry to read about the air conditioner! Did you inform the front desk about this situation? If we were aware of this we would have offered to move you to another room or if not had maintenance to come and fix it. We have this system for the thermostat as we have had guests tamper and break them in the past. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast therefore we only serve these items. We hope that you would come back and stay with us again soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We travelled in a group of 4 for work. Most of the rooms we stayed in were superlarge, but all different. Some didn t have a lot of closet rooms, some did. Mine had a sitting/dining area with kitchenette, a bathroom and bedroom, with a lot of closets. Windows at the back of the hotel.
Bed, shower, mini bar all perfect. For me alone the room could have been smaller and a bit more cosy, but heh who s complaining? We did not have breakfast in the Hotel; we prefered to go to Ocean Drive and sit outside on a terrace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello Doubleyoudee,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! It seems to me like you had a great time while staying with us and that you loved everything about the hotel. We hope that the next time you come to South Beach you will stay with us!

Nicholson, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The room was okay. The pool area was decorated nicely but there was always debris from the trees in the water and it wasn't heated. There was construction in front of the hotel, but we were there on a weekend so it wasn't an issue. The doorman and bellboys were great. The best part of the stay was the bartender. We went to happy hour and ended up staying in the hotel bar the entire night. He was also helpful in finding us great places to eat. The one problem we had was my daughter left her camera on the bed when we checked out. She realized she left it behind when we got to port to board our ship. She called the hotel and asked them to get the camera and hold it, we would pick it up when we got back to Miami. She was told they did not find a camera.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello Pops418,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we greatly appreciate it! I am sorry that you found your room to just be "okay". We hope that each and every guest that comes and stays with us, is extremely content! Our staff works hard to make sure that the pool area is always cleaned, and that the pool has no leaves in it. I am terribly sorry that we fell short this time! I am glad that you were given great service by the bell staff that served you. The bartenders that we have working with us are all wonderful! Do you remember the name of the particular bartender that served you? They are all very knowledgeable about things to do and places to eat around town! I am extremely sorry to read that the camera was not found! If we do end up finding the camera we will definitely contact you to inform you!!

Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Riviera South Beach. We were able to get an upgrade on our room . The hotel was in a great location. The staff were very helpful and professional. The hotel was quiet and felt quite large. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Free happy hours between 7pm to 8pm every nights. Margarita !! Enough to say!

Really had a great deal on ebookers 3 nights in a suite for the price in 1 night in a 'basic' king size bed room (also tested, and was fresh and trendy). The 1 bed room suite was really comfy and classy, with a kitchen and a mini bar, the bed, the style of the room were great better than a room much more expensive at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.

Great surprise been there at the beginning of our trip and went back for the last night before our flight. :D

There was some works going on in the street but they were noisy only if you're still staying in your room at 3pm!!

Great value and quality for this cosy hotel one block away from the beach.

Room Tip: Take a room not facing the street and on the upper levels as it could get noisy if you want to sleep...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt B
Good Afternoon Matt B,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you so much for taking your time to provide it to us! I am very glad to know that you had a great time while staying with us! I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM!!! We apologize if the construction inconvenienced your trip at all! It will be done and over very soon! Please come back and have a cozy and comfy stay with us! We would be splendid to have you stay with us again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here last weekend & had a great time. The 2 entrances was confusing at first & the road construction didn't help, but once I found where I was going I really enjoyed it. The studio rooms are nice & well decorated. Not a ton of extra space but better than a lot of south beach hotels. The pool area is really beautiful but doesn't get full sun all day, so better if you want to chill and read rather than suntan. The bar area of the hotel is small & intimate, but I really liked that. Traveling alone it was nice to easily meet people in the hotel. The open bar happy hour was also a nice unexpected treat. Also, the bartender Jason was great. He made me feel right at home & like a local. Happy hour got slammed & I noticed some people didn't even tip! But you couldn't tell anything phased him and next time I come back to Miami, he is the reason I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Snoozyqu
Hello Snoozyqu,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback! We really appreciate it! I am extremely glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! I am sorry that you were a bit confused about the main entrance. I have informed the General Manager about this already. They will definitely make the sign more clear so that none of our guests are confused. I am very glad to read that really enjoyed your stay with us and that you were content with the decor of the room!! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect hour to mingle with your temporary neighbors! Jason is excellent and all of our guests have amazing things to say about him! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!