“Nice, clean, quiet location”

Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Ranked #40 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Buffalo, New York
“Nice, clean, quiet location”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Myself and some friends stayed here for Memorial weekend 2012, It was a last minute stay considering the other hotel we booked fell threw. The Riviera was very nice, quiet, easy to sleep and affordable which was a plus. There was a lot of construction going on, hopefully that's over by now. I am interested in staying here again, however there was one issue. I was charged for the orange sash that was placed on the bed upon arrival. During our stay we requested that housekeeping take it because it had gotten wet. Housekeeping never gave us another one. Upon checkout, my card was charged for it. I have been trying to reach out to the staff by calling and via e-mail and I still have not heard anything. Other than that, it was cool

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello Natalie J,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during Memorial Weekend! I am glad that you were content with your stay and that you had a great time with us! We do indeed have some construction going on and it will be over shortly. The City of Miami Beach is making changes to better things in our neighborhood. I am terribly sorry to read that you were charged for the Orange pashmina that was on your bed. I would love to take care of the refund for you. Can you please contact me directly and I will make sure this is taken care of immediately.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the 2nd weekend on Ultrafest. The rooms were nice and pool area was beautiful. The staff was super helpful, especially Jason at the bar :) Thanks for all the good tips. Had a blast and would definetily return :)

Good Afternoon LisaECP,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we thank you for sharing it with us! I am glad that you chose to stay with us during WMC and Ultra. Our pool area is very nice and tranquil. Jason is a great asset to our team and all of our guests love him! Please come back and create more memories with us soon!

Princeton, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I must say we are a bit biased because we feel we got a great rate on this hotel through one of those hotel bidding sites, but regardless we were very happy with our stay. We stayed during the height of spring break, everything was very crowded in Miami beach and we were thrilled to be able to stay so close to the beach and Collins and 20th near some of our favorite restaurants and beach. The room was recently renovated and very clean. King sized bed was very comfortable and room was incredibly quiet. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rate included free happy hour from 7-8 pm and we got to meet some other couples staying at the hotel over drinks which was fun. The bartender was great! TIP, you can park at the public lot down the street for half of what it costs for valet parking since public parking is free from 3 to 9 am. You can save on parking if you don't mind going back to feed the meter. There is also a free shuttle from Miami airport, which would have been a huge plus if we weren't driving. Had a great time during our stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Daitokoro,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such a wonderful 5 star review about your recent stay with us! The location of our property is great and very central. We are within walking distance to all of the hot spots on South Beach. I am glad that you were given such great service by our staff. They are always eager to serve you! Our complimentary cocktail hour is a great way to start the night off right, and get to know your temporary neighbors. I am also glad that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle. It's a great money saver and who doesn't love to save money? :)
We hope to see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We can for the first week of Ultra Music Festival in March, The room was very nice. Although there is not enough lighting in the building with the suites. The master bedroom doesn't even have a ceiling light. Just two lamps. I'm not sure if this was the case in all the rooms. But it made looking for things extremely difficult. I found a couple of times having to open the torch on my phone to look in the closet.

The hotel could not be in a better location. Close to Washington and Collins and just two blocks from the beach. Everything is close by.

The highlight of the stay was Jayson at the bar. Excellent bartender, he makes great drinks.. And Angel at the front desk. What a legend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Good Evening EnvyProjekt,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback! I am very glad to read that you had a nice time while staying with us! We are working on adding more lighting into the rooms. We are in a perfect location, in the heart of South Beach and within walking distance to all of the hot spots. Jayson and Angel are great members of our team and I am extremely glad that you were able to get serviced by them! I will let them know of your kind praise! We hope to see you soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel this weekend for WMC and Ultra weekend. On my last day of my stay i found out my car battery had died. Robert a bellhop at the hotel went out of his way to help jump my car! The staff was fantastic and always ready to accommodate and help out with everything. I had a great weekend :)

Hello Emilygoss87,

Your 5 star feedback is so greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during WMC and Ultra weekend! Our team is great and they are always eager to assist you! I will definitely let Robert the bellmen know of your kind praise! Please come back and create more wonderful memories with us!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2013

construction surrounds this hotel. Also has hidden costs that will be additional if you pre-pay with some sites or included if you pay with other sites. 15 dollars covers beach chairs - very nice, happy hour drinks from 7-8 hard to get - felt like college freshman begging for plastic cup of watered down vodka and orange juice, wi-fi in rooms. Doorman. Great Lobby, Awesome music in lobby, tiny tiny rooms. Be careful if you move anything from mini-bar fridge. Lovely quality toiletries .Staff could be attentive and kind or non-caring depending whom you get. Management good. Location Iffy and not pretty, but relatively close to beach. Cute decor.

Room Tip: two buildings. make sure you know which one you're going into. pool in only one of the buildings...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MDGypsy
Hello Lisamarie5,

We are experiencing a bit of construction outside the hotel. This should be over shortly and we apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Our lobby is indeed an excellent place to hangout and people watch. We are a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel rooms. We are located in the heart of South Beach, and just steps away from our wonderful beaches. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us!

Summerfield, North Carolina
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Overall it was a good experience although my one night there was for business and I did not
really get a chance to spend much time around the hotel. The staff was kind and accommodating.
One person stood out that needs to be commended. All of the bellmen were over the top kind with one rising above the entire hotel staff I met. Osiris (don't know his last name) obviously gives from the heart and has a strong natural core. It is also obvious that this young man has plans for the future as I'm sure he'll go far. If Riviera Suites is smart, they will continue to give him more responsibilities and bring him into management. Well done Osiris! Art

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Design333,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad to read that you had a great time with us! The staff at the hotel is great and they are always eager to assist. I am glad to read that you were given such great assistance by Osiris. He is a great asset to our team and all of our guests love him! I will definitely let him know of your kind praise! Please come back and stay with us again soon!