“Great location - oceanfront”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #66 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great location, bright, spacious comfortable rooms, ocean front rooms are worth upgrading. Restaurant is a little disappointing - average food, they could do much better...

Plusses: location, rooms, helpful staff all of then have been great
Minuses: restaurant, lobby (too bright at night, not very cozy or inviting - missed opprotunity)

Room Tip: get the ocean front suite - it's worth the experience
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nikolaidesign
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Nikolaidesign, thank you for your review. We are happy to see you have enjoyed an overall satisfying and pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback of our room accommodations and are glad to know, they managed to serve your needs accordingly in the duration of your visit. It is great our beachfront location proved convenient and provided an easy access to your points of interest. At the Grand Beach Hotel, we do strive to welcome and serve all our guests in a detail oriented and friendly manner; thus, it is great to learn of the wonderful interactions you have had with staff members throughout the hotel. We are grateful for the comments you have spared of your experience at the restaurant, as such feedback helps us improve going forward. We have alerted our food and beverage management of your opinion. At the same time, we could not agree more with you when it comes to our oceanfront suites. They are indeed worth staying in due to their spaciousness, view, and extreme comfort. Thank you once again for writing a review. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,600)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is an ok hotel. However the staff at checkin and the concierge were rude dismissive of us. Wendy on the bar and restaurant was the 8th person we had to ask before we could get a cold drink after a long bar and had it not been for her friendly service we may have moved elsewhere.
I think it sums it up when having already completed a questionnaire giving this feedback that has not been acknowledged I was emailed today asking me to rate the hotel as excellent on trip advisor. I have stayed at a lot of excellent hotels, this wasn't one of them

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Flyfarawaytoday

Dear Flyfarawaytoday, thank you for taking the time to express your concern with your recent visit to property. We would like to take the time and offer our sincerest apology for the disappointment you experienced in your interactions with staff members onsite. We can assure you that our hotel strives to deliver excellence when it comes to guest service and to providing a seamless experience to hotel guests. We are concerned with your feedback and would ensure the appropriate departments are advised of the comments you had to share, so corrective measures are taken to encourage a more attentive and friendly staff service attitude. Thank you for the kind words you have shared of Wendy. She is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have her. It is our hope that our amenities and the services offered at the hotel better met your expectations and needs. We would be thrilled if you decide to give our hotel another chance, so we may provide you with the welcoming and friendly service you deserve.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This review is a bit late, as we stayed in the hotel last April, but I keep saying it was so incredible I must review it! I went to Miami with my 3 girls (we left dad and little bro at home!). We first stayed in another hotel and had I not been 7 months pregnant, and exhausted from a day of flying with delays and thinking about dragging the luggage myself, we would have left the other hotel even though the first night was not refundable. Wen we got to the grand beach hotel we were just overwhelmed. Over the phone they said they wouldn't be ale to accommodate us early but we decided to head over there over two hours before check in, as we had to check out of our previous gross hotel! Well, we got there and as she was checking if the room was available yet, she told us if it wasn't, they would be happy for us to use the amenities until the room was ready and they would secure our luggage. But the room was ready! So we got in early. Everything was amazing. The beds were so comfy, yummy duvets and NO quilts! ;) We went down to the beach which was so convenient, then went into the pools which the girls loved! Te beach at this hotel was quiet and clean. The concierge at the beach was so accommodating. They set up the chairs and umbrellas for us ( of course there is a charge, but that doesn't mean the service is always good,and their service was excellent!) we had drinks n the beach every day. Back to the rooms.... The rooms are stunning! And clean! The double area was perfect for my kids as we all had room to spread out. There was soooo much closet space, you could stay for a month and put away your suitcases, and the insides of the closets and drawers were immaculate! No speck of dust anywhere inside the closets and drawers. Also, I don't remember now what the issue was but in the "living room" part of the suite there was a dirt issue when we got there. I told the front desk on our way out to dinner and it was beyond sparkling when we got back. I don't remember what it was, I just remember it was taken care of so quickly and perfectly. If we get back to Miami, i would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat! My kids couldn't get over how amazing it was. They are still talking about the Miami trip almost a year later, and all we did was stay in the hotel and use the beach and pools! As I was 7 months pregnant, they were also extremely helpful with any sort of luggage, although I have a feeling even if I hadn't been, I would have gotten the same 5 star treatment! I would also love to stay there if I came alone with my husband. Great for couples also!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank East_coast1014
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear East_coast1014, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your opinion of our property with the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled to learn that we have managed to deliver a five-star experience to you and your daughters. We could not be happier to hear of all the wonderful, positive interactions you have had with staff members throughout the different outlets at the hotel. It is excellent that our room accommodation provided sufficient comfort, closet space, and that the expected levels of cleanliness were met so you may enjoy your time onsite. We apologize for the small issue you experienced and are glad to know our staff members managed to correct it in a timely manner; thus, preventing it from affecting your great experience at the hotel. Thank you for joining us by the pool and on the beach. It is nice to hear that you plan to return- we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to property. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if we could assist you when planning your future trip.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The personnel were very efficient and courteous at all times the oceanfront suite had phenominal vistas. Great location also. The concierge n front desk were very knowledgable and helpful. The maid service was above average.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Vincent NY
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Vincent NY, we would like to take the time and express our gratitude for the wonderful review you have decided to share after your recent stay at the Grand Beach Hotel. We are pleased to learn that you have found the view from our oceanfront suite as phenomenal and that our beachfront location has proved convenient to you in the duration of your stay. At the Grand Beach Hotel, we work hard to deliver all our guests with the friendly and customer oriented service they deserve. In this sense, we are more than happy to read of the nice interactions you have had with staff members throughout the hotel. Furthermore, we appreciate the top traveler rating you have extended of our property. We would like to welcome you back and hope that you would consider us as your accommodation on your return visit to the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Grand Beach Hotel for a few reasons:
-**LARGE suites including 2 separate areas (allowing for 2 TV stations for 2 different tastes).
-large balcony
-no convention facilities (unlike larger hotels)
-always helpful concierge and front desk
- tranquil pool for adults only
- beautiful ground level pools with (populated with tame kids)
-"fair" priced food and service at poolside(s)
-close to Eden Roc (containing a Starbucks) and Fontainebleau resorts for dining/experiencing.
I was aware of the unreasonable valet costs which I was able to avoid and parked in public parking just down the street. I was also aware of the unreasonable "beach chair" charge which I was also able to avoid.

we were on the 15th floor overlooking the pool... street noise is eliminated wiht a closed balcony door.

Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel for it's location, cleanliness, service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hugemountain
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear hugemountain, thank you for your review. It means so much to us that you enjoyed your visit to property. We are happy to read of your satisfaction with our spacious room accommodations, the majority of which are equipped with two full bathrooms, two TVs, and a private large balcony. It is with pleasure that we learn of the nice interactions you have had with staff members throughout the hotel. At the Grand Beach Hotel, we do our best to encourage the welcoming and helpful customer service you have experienced. It is great you took advantage of both pool areas and enjoyed the time spent there. We are also glad that our beachfront location proved convenient to you due to its easy access to dining options located just walking distance away within the nearby hotels. We are very sorry you have found our valet parking to be more on the expensive side and would like to assure you that the valet parking pricing is a standard for the area and that our property charges one of the lowest rates compared to the area standard. We hope the alternative to valet parking you have used in the duration of your stay has not caused an inconvenience for you; thus, affecting your overall joyful experience in a negative way.
We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and are eager to welcome you back to the Grand Beach Hotel for another enjoyable vacation.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Unfortunately, when I checked in at past 7:00pm, my card key was broken and I had my big suitcase with me that I called from the floor to the reciepient to bring a new key. But no one came for 20min and I called again, after another 20 min waiting at the corridor, the hotel person came at last. He brought master key but no new key with him and said "I'll bring a new key" then never arrived again. I have to pick up a key next morning.
Restaurant staffs were good. Room was good...but sorry to say my first impression was very bad.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Yoko S

Dear Yoko S, thank you for extending your feedback after your visit to property. We are very sorry to learn we have failed to provide you with a properly working room key upon check-in. Please accept our sincerest apologies for also not managing to resolve the issue with your key in an efficient and timely manner. The experience you have had immediately after check-in is unacceptable for a hotel of our rank and does not comply with our hotel’s service standards. We have notified our front office management of the case and we will make sure to address this issue internally with our staff. It is our hope that the good impression our other amenities and services at the hotel have left in you, will manage to outweigh the negative first impression you gained of our hotel. We would like to take the time and apologize once again and invite you to give our hotel another try in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed at the Grand Beach for a business trip, and absolutely loved it. It is not as busy as the FountainBleu or other hotels on the street, but that's what I liked about it. The beach was easily accessible, the rooms VERY clean and the staff genuinely welcoming. I ate frequently at the hotel restaurants and enjoyed every meal. Overall, a lovely experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear ColetteCasey, thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel as your accommodation on your recent business trip to the Miami Beach area. We are happy you have decided to share the wonderful experience you had onsite with the TripAdvisor community. It is with pleasure that we learn of your satisfaction with our beachfront location and the direct beach access it provides from hotel premises. Thank you for joining us at Chez Gaston for your daily meals in the duration of your visit; we are thrilled that our menu offerings were to your taste. We will also make sure to advise our housekeeping department of the positive feedback you have extended regarding the level of cleanliness throughout the property. What we are mostly excited about is the nice interactions you have had with staff members and the overall lovely experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Miami on business or leisure.