“Very comfy and clean hotel in Miami Bea”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #59 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very comfy and clean hotel in Miami Bea”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Really loved our stay at this hotel. Very comfortable, REALLY clean, private beach and a bar with amazing drinks at the lobby. However, the really expensive valet parking is a really big disapointment and flaw for a hotel in this kind of standard and class. Feels like a rip off

Stayed December 2012
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Sadie Y, we appreciate you sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. While we are happy you have overall enjoyed your visit to property, we find it unfortunate that you were disappointed by our valet parking service surcharge. As you most likely know, we are one of the few hotels in the area to not charge a mandatory resort fee. The majority of the amenities on property are free of charge. The valet parking service happens to be a standard surcharge for Miami Beach and we are happy to offer it at one of the lowest rates in the area, even though it is available 24-hours a day with in/out privileges. We sincerely hope this has not affected your otherwise pleasant experience to property. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Good quality / value for money hotel at Miami Beach. Restaurant could be somewhat improved. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite facing bay. Good overview views towards city and South Beach. Two pools plus 2 hot-tubs on beach side, downside that 7th floor pool "adults only" ( onlyone with pm/ evening sun).

Room Tip: Good for a long weekend stop to explore Miami Beach and South Beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank titkonen
Dear Titkonen, we appreciate you writing a review of your recent visit to property. It is with pleasure that we learn of the wonderful experience you had with us. We are glad we have managed to live up to the expectations set forward by our slogan- affordable luxury. We would like to congratulate you on your choice of room accommodation, because our 2-bedroom suites are one of the best room types we have to offer guests. Thank you for joining us at our pool and beach areas. We are happy you have enjoyed the extra relaxation our 7th floor adults only pool area has to offer.
We would like to thank you once again for sharing your feedback. We are looking forward to your next trip to Miami Beach and the Grand Beach Hotel.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I made a telephonic reservation, I was supposed to get a confirmation e-mail, since I didn't get it, I called reservations again and they were unable to find anything, then I called front desk and they didn't find any reservation. I assumed I didn't have any reservation and confirmed with front desk that I were not going to be charged. I was charged for a reservation NEVER found and they have me as NO SHOW. They denied any credits. The hotel has terrible front desk staff, untrained and unkind and reservations seems to be form an overseas place unavailable as needed and never calls back. Be careful!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Luz H
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Luz H, thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your latest experience with our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and would like to apologize for the experience you had with our front desk and reservations staff. It is distressing to know that we failed in meeting your expectations in the aspect of service and efficiency. Your comments have already been forwarded to the attention of the concerned departments for follow up. We value our guests’ feedback and strive to improve based on it. We are very sorry you were not able to visit our hotel and have the opportunity to experience what we have to offer first hand. We sincerely hope you would be willing to give us another chance in the future. We would be delighted to personally assist you when planning your next trip to the area and would place our best efforts forward to help you avoid any issues.
Bedford, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel in September. We booked our room on Priceline so when we arrived we were put on a lower floor without a balcony...which we had really been hoping to have. In the morning we went down to the lobby and asked if we could move up to a higher floor with a balcony and they happily provided it. We were willing to pay a little more to do this but were not charged any extra. I would advise having the balcony...we are people who spend a lot of time out there. We had an amazing view of both the Inter coastal waterway and Miami Beach.

The food and drink prices in the hotel are high and there is not a lot right around us so we took a taxi the first day to a local grocery store and came back to the room with cold cuts, rolls, fruit, snacks, pop and alcoholic drinks. The taxis each way were just $10.00..well worth the money compared to eating in the restaurant. The fridge is not big but accommodated enough for us to have our breakfast and lunches. I also bought little boxes of cereal and milk which I was glad to have each morning. Instead of spending close to $20.00 or more downstairs. We ate a couple of dinners in South Beach which is just a short public bus ride away.

The hotel rooms were the stars! Large and clean. We each had our own bathrooms...of course I had the largest one. Plus 2 flat screen TV's... one in the bedroom area and the other in a lovely sitting room.

The beach in front was beautiful. Umbrellas and chairs on the beach are an extra cost though. One day I treated myself and rented one... but even in the shade it was too hot to stay out all afternoon. Which made the great air conditioning in the room very welcome.

Though a small thing...I really appreciated the water coolers by the pool and in the hotel lobby. Filled with ice and fresh fruit. Lobby immaculate and high end.

We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel if you are interested in staying in Miami Beach although if I were to go again I might stay in South Beach where there is a little more to do....shopping, bars, restaurants...ect.

Room Tip: Higher floors with balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kristi R
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Kristi R, thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel as your accommodation on your recent trip to Miami Beach. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction with our staff service attitude. It is always our pleasure to extend a room upgrade to a room with a balcony, when our availability allows. It is wonderful you enjoyed the view of both the ocean and the bay from your private balcony. We hope you would be happy to learn that the majority of suites on property do come with a private balcony. We are very sorry to learn that our food and beverage prices proved to be more on the expensive side; we are, however, happy that this did not affect your overall experience at our hotel in a negative way. There is indeed a 24-hour Walgreens shop located 15 minutes walking distance away from the hotel, where travelers can purchase groceries. And as you have mentioned the small fridge within every guest suite accommodates perishable purchases well. Thank you for extending such positive feedback regarding our room accommodations. We are pleased that the in-room feature of two full bathrooms and 2 televisions was to your satisfaction and added value to your visit. We appreciate you joining us at the beach area directly accessible from hotel premises. It is great the ice cold, fresh fruit water we offer in the lobby and by the pool served its purpose of adding a nice touch to your experience after a day in the sun.
We would like to take the time and once again express our gratitude for your feedback and business. We sincerely hope you shall consider staying with us again next time you visit the Miami Beach area.
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed several nights for a family celebration. Our room had two bathrooms with showers - great convenience. We also had a great view. From the balcony, we could see the Atlantic beach in one direction and Biscayne Bay the other. Beautiful lobby area and facility. Family swimming pools and beach right out back with easy access and food/drink service. I was in and out most days for errands and events. So, much of my staff contact was with the valets. Jorge and Darwin were always around and very helpful. The other staff was also very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Leonard E, thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased to learn you have chosen our hotel for your family celebration. The aspect of good quality customer service is very important to the operation of Grand Beach Hotel. In this sense, we are thrilled that you have commented in such positive manner regarding your encounters with staff members throughout the hotel in general, and Jorge and Darwin in particular. Your wonderful feedback will be shared with the team. It is great our room accommodations, offering a view of both the ocean and the city, were to your satisfaction. We do offer our guests a family pool area, as well as an easily accessible from hotel premises beach area and are happy to know these facilities meet their goal by providing guests with additional comfort during their visits to the hotel.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again next time you visit the Miami Beach area. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you when planning your next trip.
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was my first trip to Miami although I have lived in Central Florida since 1985! What was I waiting for??? I had to attend a conference in Doral so I decided to stay at the beach and drive to the conference. It was the best decision I could have made. I spent three nights at the Grand Beach, two were on business and one was on my own. From the moment I arrived, I was impressed! The attendants at valet parking and the check in desk were so courteous and helpful. I was astounded by my 16th floor room! Everything was impeccable! The amenities are suburb ...everything from the restaurants, shopping, gym, and pools/spa to the exclusive 7th floor adults-only pool! The location is perfect too! I was able to fit in a 10 mile run north along the walkway and even at night, I felt safe! I can't say enough positive comments about the Grand Beach Hotel! I will definitely return for another stay!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rosemarie M
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Rosemarie M, we appreciate you sharing your experience at the Grand Beach Hotel with the TripAdvisor community.
We are thrilled to know that we have managed to deliver a 5-star experience to you. We would like to take the time and thank you for the wonderful feedback you shared of our staff service attitude at both valet and the front desk. We certainly strive to welcome and greet all our guests with a smile and positive attitude and we are always happy when guests reassure us that we are attaining our goal in this aspect. It is great our room accommodation lived up to your expectations for cleanliness and our overall hotel amenities did not disappoint either. We could not agree more with you on your comments regarding our beachfront location on Millionaire’s Row. Grand Beach Hotel’s location not only allows for direct beach access from hotel premises and an easy access to South Beach, but also provides a convenient and safe environment for travelers to enjoy their vacation in.
We are very pleased to hear we have managed to deliver up to your standard on every single aspect during your stay with us. We cannot wait for your return visit and we hope you shall join us for a longer stay next time you visit the area.
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed for 4 nts in November, staff were really helpful, friendly and efficient, from check in, bar service, restaurant and valet parking, we had no problems. Rooms were always clean, furnishings were excellent. Breakfast very good value, we can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Ocean front room 1032, great view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Roy G
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Roy G, thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel for your 4-night trip to Miami Beach this November. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with our staff members. Thank you for commenting on how positive, helpful, friendly, and efficient our team members were in the different hotel outlets you visited. We appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness level throughout the hotel. Our housekeeping department strives to maintain spotless facilities for all our guests and we are happy to know that they are succeeding in their efforts. Thank you for joining us for breakfast. It is great our rich breakfast buffet offering was to your taste and added value to your stay onsite. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Beach
Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
#63 of 208 in Miami Beach

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!