“Beautiful Property”

Ranked #57 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Beautiful Property”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We spent 5 nights in this hotel and can only rave about it. Our room was a king with ocean views. Really stunning room and very spacious. Restaurant/bar/swimming areas all fabulous. It's a short bus ride to city hot spots. We were out till late at night and buses were readily available. Great value too!

Room Tip: King room with ocean view was stunning!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear 192Rpse, thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel and for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.
We are pleased to read your review and are happy that our spacious room accommodations and ocean views, as well as the food and beverage outlets and pool areas have met your expectations and needs for comfort on your 5 night stay. You are right on point when you mention that our property is a short bus ride to South Beach (about 10 minutes). You will be happy to hear that the public transportation servicing Miami Beach runs 24 hours a day, so you should not have issues catching a bus on your next stay with us either. We can recommend that on your next visit to the Grand Beach Hotel you also try renting a bike from the convenience of our lobby and take advantage of the ocean side boardwalk starting a couple of blocks south from the hotel and leading all the way down to South Beach.
Thank you again for a great review and we are looking forward to your future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Do not ever stay here. They are mean, and customer service means nothing to them. The parking parking valet do not go by first come first basis they go by race. When I confront the maneger about an issue both managers response was I will call the cops. My family vacation was ruined. It was the worst 5 days wee experince for our $8000.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank carlotta m
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Moved to this hotel for two nights after not getting much sleep at The Perry South Beach hotel (due to construction work). This hotel is in Miami Beach, close to Fontainbleau Hotel. Found a good rate (hotel underpriced as far as I am concerned) and the hotel and rooms looked new and clean from the pictures I saw online so wasn't too bothered that it's not classed as a 5* on some travel sites. My friends and I were however pleasantly surprised! Stayed at the W, Fontainebleau, Perry in Miami and while the W remains my favourite I must say that I thoroughly loved Grand Beach. It's pretty new, the lobby is lovely, the rooms are clean, crisp and white with separate living room areas and two bathrooms (perfect if you are sharing the room with someone else). I also had a room with an ocean front view which was stunning. My friends had a partial view which wasn't bad either. Sat in the hot tub outside by the pool with my friends for hours! Bliss!

Would definitely advise travellers to Miami to split their time between two hotels - one on the South Beach 'strip' and another in Miami Beach. Yes these areas are close to each other but it's easy to miss out on the peace and tranquility that hotels like Grand Beach provide when you're spending all your time in the hip party central strip.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank DeeGA
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear DeeGA, thank you for taking the time and leaving us such a wonderful review.
We are pleased to read we have been able to provide you with the quite, relaxing, and enjoyable experience you had not be able to receive at the Perry South Beach. We are glad our spacious room accommodations with sitting area and 2 full bathrooms have met your needs and the hotel room and lobby design has not failed to meet your expectations built from the online images of the property. You have definitely made a good choice with one of our ocean front suites as they truly deliver an amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean and the beach in front of the property.
Thank you for the great recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you on property again in the near future for some more peace and tranquility.
Green Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Please note, I don't typically write poor reviews but felt it was necessary to share this experience. My fiancé and I booked a room here through Hotel Tonight (decently priced for a hotel on the beach with nice rooms and pools). Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are large, beds are comfy and the balconies are very nice. However, this hotels customer service is horrendous! As I said, we booked our room with Hotel Tonight and used our credit card, which worked perfectly fine. When we arrived, we gave an ID and the same credit card for "incidentals". The lady checking us in said the credit card wasn't working (we had been using the same credit card all weekend with no problem). We figured maybe since we were traveling, we'd call the bank to make sure everything was ok. While my fiancé called his bank, I gave my debit and credit card to see I those worked and they didn't. My fiancé's bank said everything was fine and the charge should go through. Well, after another 5 tries, it still wasn't working. I gave my work credit card and that wasn't working. I was trying to explain that it had to be something she was doing and she wasn't understanding. Is it just me or is there no way all 5 of our cards and my one work card weren't working - it had to be something she was doing. She didn't want to hear it so finally she went to talk to a manager. When she came back out, she explained that it was fine to check in without a credit card but then we would have to give $250 cash to cover the incidentals (which they promised back...of course...). We didn't have that much cash and there was no way we were handing over that much cash even if we did have it. Keep in mind through this entire time, the room itself was actually already paid for through Hotel Tonight and this was just for incidentals. After we explained that we weren't giving the cash, the manager finally came out! She tried the credit card and it worked perfectly fine. I know she doesn't think I heard but she explained to the lady who was orientally trying that she was ringing it up as a MasterCard and our card was a Visa. You've got to be kidding me? This entire time (almost 1 hour) had been going on because she wasn't picking the write type of credit card. And, believe it or not, we didn't receive a single apology.

We finally checked in and they said the would send a bellboy up with our luggage. After about 30 minutes waiting for our luggage, I went back down to the lobby and our luggage was still sitting by the front door. I immediately walked over and took the luggage and the same lady who checked us in told me I wasn't allowed to bring it up my myself (what?) and she would escort me. Again, never apologized for the bellboy not bringing the bag up. Her response was "I put the ticket on it, they should have brought it up to you".

Checking out, they of course, had absolutely no problem what-so-ever charging us for the $29 valet fee. We asked for our car to be brought around while we were checking out..they called down and asked for it to be ready. We go outside, wait a few minutes and then I walked over to the desk to check on the status of our car and they hadn't even put our car on the list to get.

Keep in mind, even though we had extremely crappy service, the room was actually nice. If it wasn't for the horrible service, I would have recommended this hotel to others BUT it's not worth the headache!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Erin R
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Erin R, thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience and review our property.
We would like to thank you for your positive comments on our facilities and room accommodations- we appreciate that.
Please accept our apologies for the disappointing experience you have had with our front office staff. We do value our customers and their time and we certainly strive to teach our staff members to treat our guests with the hospitality and attention they deserve. I assure you that the issues you have brought up will be drawn to our front office department’s attention and efforts shall be made to prevent this from happening again. We would appreciate it if you could also contact our Front office staff directly at FrontOffice@grandbeachhotel.com so we can further discuss the issues you have experienced and find a way to gain your loyalty as one of our valued guests. We sincerely hope you shall contact us directly as well and that you will be willing to give our property another try so we can prove to you and your fiancé that we can truly meet your needs and expectations in regards to customer service. Once again, please accept our most sincere apologies.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Don't let the looks deceive you! It's a beautiful looking hotel but the concierge was attrocious! We ended up walking to The Gotham Steakhouse @ FB. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Nothing special didn't have any of the wines we wanted. They don't have a spa you have to make an appointment so they can call a masseuse to come in to either ur room or poolside.. Didn't really like that one..,

• Stayed October 2012
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Lauren221120, thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We sincerely apologize for your disappointment with our concierge desk and the service you have received after approaching the desk. Delivering good customer service is one of our main priorities, we therefore kindly ask you to send a direct email to our Front Office manager staff members at FrontOffice@grandbeachhotel.com and provide a little more details surrounding your experience with the concierge desk. We would gladly follow up on the issue you have had and make sure you are greeted and welcomed with friendliness, kindness and responsiveness on your next visit.
The Grand Beach Hotel does not have an on-site spa; however, we do try to compensate for that by offering spa services in the convenience of your guest room or as you mentioned by the 7th floor pool area overlooking the ocean and the bay.
We once again apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced throughout your stay with us and hope you will give our property another try in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here before and would defenently stay again , great rooms with a great view from our king bay view room well done grand beach but please lose the valet parking charge :) see yous real soon

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Darlodp
Dear Darlodp, thank you for being a repeat guest of the Grand Beach Hotel and for taking the time of writing a nice review on our property.
We greatly appreciate your loyalty to our property and are happy to know our facilities and staff do not fail to satisfy your needs. Unfortunately, the valet parking charge is a standard procedure on Miami Beach due to the limitation in space we are facing; however, if in the future we decide to remove this charge we would gladly bring such news to you.
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on property soon.
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 9/21-9/24 and they are still holding $3800 on my debit card. They doubled billed me several times and the accounting manager is useless. I will never stay here again. I feel like I'm being penalized for not being in debt by having a credit card.

I booked 3 suites at this hotel for my birthday weekend. The rooms and views were great. Room service was excellent. However, the outdoor restaurant was a mess. It took 20 minutes to get our drinks and another 25 minutes for our meal. The highlight of the hotel was Juan Carlos, the bartender at the lobby bar, love him.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the 1 BR oceanfront suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tai31612
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Tai31612, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.
We regret to hear about your disappointment in regards to some aspects of your stay. We would like to inform you that authorizations processed on debit cards take up to two weeks to clear from your bank statement. Please do not hesitate to contact our accounting department directly at accounting@grandbeachhotel.com if you are still experiencing issues past this two week period. Many times you are also able to speed up the process of authorization release by contacting your bank institution directly. We would like to take the time and sincerely apologies to you for the inconvenience you have experienced. We would most definitely place greater efforts on informing our guests in regards to the procedures surrounding the usage of debit cards.
Thank you for pointing out some of Grand Beach Hotel’s highlights, such as the room service available 24-hours a day, our spacious rooms and the breathtaking views they have to offer. The restaurant’s outdoor seating area does tend to get busy at times, especially when the weather allows for outdoor dining, therefore the delay in service. For your next stay we can recommend that you stop by our Espresso Bar, which has to offer some fresh breakfast options you can enjoy pool or beach side. We are glad that you have been able to experience the hospitality we strive to give to all our guests through the service provided by Juan Carlos.
We sincerely hope you will return again and provide us with the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Beach
#22 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,687 reviews
City Center
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!