“Second Stay...Highly Recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Second Stay...Highly Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very nice property. This was our second stay at the Grand Beach, and we will definitely return. There are several reasons that keep us coming back. This property is very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and genuinely concerned about providing guests with a wonderful experience. The pool and beach areas are exceptional and CLEAN. The location of the hotel is perfect. Close enough to South Beach...2.5 to 3 miles and just far away enough for relaxation. The fitness center has quaility equipment and again very clean. The area around the hotel is great for running/walking. Durning this stay we found a beautiful boardwalk just down from the hotel that takes you right to South Beach...we jogged it every morning. Some other reviews complain about the price of food and drinks. Miami is expensive regardless of where you stay. Overall another great experience!!!

Room Tip: Splurge on ocean front room. Views are amazing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jenn89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

we only stayed for two nights but it was one of best hotels we have stayed in the views were amazing over looking the beach. the rooms were exactly what id hope they would be with a bed i had to jump to get on best night sleep ever.staff were lovely will be going back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HullDshull
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed here for my bachelorette party with 7 of my girlfriends. We had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms, which was perfect for us as we were all able to stay in the same room. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable, with white linens and marble countertops in the bathroom. At the beginning of our stay, the bellmen were very helpful. They even helped us carry groceries to our room after a trip to Walgreens. However, when we checked in, we had to wait 2 hours for our room to be ready as they were still cleaning the carpet. When we called for a bellman the day of checkout, one never arrived. I called for a razor as I had forgotten mine and they told me they were out at the front desk and I could purchase one from the boutique.

We ate a "buffet" breakfast at the restaurant ($20 pp plus tax). The Belgian waffles & omelets were delicious, but the food they had out on the buffet (scrambled eggs & potatoes) were not. The pool area is beautiful and the lounge chairs were very comfy. It is far from the South Beach area, but I think it is nicer than any of the hotels I saw down there.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again! It was a very good deal for a large group.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ssmills
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had the oceanview suite with balcony which was definately the best feature of the hotel experience. It was lovely and the views fantastic. Service was generally polite and helpful but the bellboys at front door were a bit chaotic and couldn't find my car! The breakfast is quite good and waiters/waitresses very polite and pleasant but gets a bit boring after a week, as there is no real variety. I hit the roof with the restaurant manager one evening when he charged me for soya milk for my baby which I thought was a penny pinching attitude. When we tried to book room service one evening we were told we'd have to wait 1 hour! The pools are very nice and the beach is stunning outside the hotel. It is very easy to get to South Beach from buses which go past all the time, takes about 10 mins and well worth it as a really cool area to hang out in. All in all it is a very nice, classy looking hotel with good service but probably a bit overpriced. When we come back to Miami we are unsure if we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: take the ocean view with balcony, it is worth it
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Col&Nicky
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed in the Grand Beach hotel and it was fantastic. lovely location, great views of the beach. The price of the hotel was very reasonable given the quality. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and it was very clean. The room was a great size and the beds were so so comfy and crisp clean sheets, an added bonus was the two bathrooms in our room. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, we were offered a room upgrade to a partial sea view room for an extra $10 per night, so glad we did as we had a fantastic view not only of the beach, but of the bay too.

The only negative thing i would say about this hotel is the restaurant, it was very expensive, the breakfast was very nice though, plenty of choice.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darcy60
Osnabruck, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night before taking our cruise and were pleased with the hotel. The kids loved the pool and the rooms were amazing. 2 bathrooms really helped with getting ready in the morning. The location isn’t the best as there is not much around, but as this was just a stop over hotel, we were able to spend the afternoon around the pool and then a quick dinner and left the next day for the port. The staff were very friendly and the rooms great. Perfect spot for a cruise departure the next day, but not much around to spend a week. Good value though for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recently had a short stay at the Grand Beach Hotel on March Break, while in town to board a cruise ship. We had a large group of people, who were easily accommodated. Some of stayed ocean side and others on the bay side. If I could make a recommendation, I'd say try for a King Pool View room. It's cheaper, and our room had an ocean view and a bay/city view so we had the best of both worlds!

Upon checking out, I had a personal emergency with a lost passport and I have to say both Hotel Concierge's Anthony Lamb and George Remy absolutely saved my life that day! They stepped up, and went well above and beyond their required duties with what they did for me to get my passport back. Without there assistance I would have not made it on the cruise ship and missed my entire vacation! I owe my trip to them, and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Miami/South beach area.

It's clean, the staff is friendly, it's close to many amenities, and not to mention it's right on the beach!

I send a BIG THANK YOU TO ANTHONY & GEORGE!

Room Tip: I'd say try for a King Pool View room. It's cheaper, and our room had an ocean view and a ba...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
#3 of 206 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,115 reviews
Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!