“Hidden Gem on Miami Beach!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #54 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami
“Hidden Gem on Miami Beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We blocked rooms for our wedding at the Grand Beach Hotel and stayed there ourselves and we could not be more thrilled with our decision. The staff at the hotel were very friendly, attentive, and helpful. They made the whole experience a delight and assisted us with all our requests and did a great job of staying on top of things, following up, and being proactive to ensure all our guests were taken care of including us. The rooms were incredible, remarkably clean, and all had fantastic views. The property was pristine, with great pools (both beach-side pool and adult rooftop pool), and a well maintained beach. From the time we pulled up our car to valet, to checking in, to making calls to concierge and the front desk, and getting around, it was easy because of their friendly helpful staff, and it was all within a gorgeous and luxurious hotel. The Grand Beach Hotel is the best value hotel on Miami Beach and a must stop if you are staying in the Miami Beach area. You'll be impressed with the service, happy with the value, and you'll enjoy the clean, beautiful rooms and pools and common areas as well as the views. I can't say enough about the suites - they are spacious and great. We loved the hotel and our guests did too - the Grand Beach Hotel was a hit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
oakville,canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed overnight at this hotel while attending a conference. I called a day in advance to ask for early check in as my flight was arriving hours before the usual check in time. When I got to the hotel I was very pleased that Nancy at the front desk remembered speaking to me the night before, and had a room ready for me. The room was gorgeous, spacious and spotlessly clean with 2 desks, 2 TV's, 2 bathrooms, and the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in. There was a walk out from the room to a terrace overlooking the ocean - spectacular.

The beach access from the hotel is perfect. The poolside restaurant is very pleasant, as is the indoor restaurant, but the food is disappointing. Eggs benedict breakfast came cold.with sad looking potatoes. Have the buffet breakfast instead - there is a good variety of foods to choose from. At dinner my $10 caesar salad was wilting, brown, and tasteless. New York steak ordered medium well came rare, and when re-cooked came back to the table with no appeal.

The hotel staff was very accomodating, providing me a one hour extension to check out which was really helpful. Concierge service was friendly and efficient.

Overall - I would definitely recommend the hotel and would return myself, but would hope that some improvement would be made in the food prep area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank rosemaryfromoakville
MIAMI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I am a tour guide and just had a paraplegic group from Switzerland with 7 people in a wheelchair staying at the Grand Beach. I know the Miami Beach hotels in and out for many years. What a pleasant surprise! Everyone of the staff was absolutely responsive and responsible. Everybody made it his/her business to help and really go the extra mile in order to please my guests, no matter what nature the problem/special need was. I really did not get all the names of everyone with a helping hand and I would like to mention some of the people I was dealing with more often: William Garcia and Jose Santrich at the front desk, together with all of their tireless colleagues. Alex Castaneda and his staff from valet parking. A very special thank you to Stephanie Rabago, manager of the restaurant, who is such a great hands-on woman with great ideas and a sparkling personality as well as very accommodating - just wonderful! And the breakfast, by the way, is a treat! Last but not least, the entire management behind, Noelia Ocio, Director of Front Office, for all of them. A great thank you to everybody and please stay the way you are! I hope I will be back with another group in the near future. Kerstin Macloud ;-)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

fab holiday with family. no problem during stay getting pool chairs,good idea our fellow european hotelier neighbours could follow, if you and your belongings are missing for a while towels removed. didn't have car so parking not an issue. staff very efficent, specially housekeeping, to clean the suites, all white,and all the glass everyday. views fab, got beach and bay view. had room service couple evenings when late back, very effecient and pleasant service. prices not bad for miami, stayed in some european hotels that wasn't a patch on miami and food\drink a lot more expensive with none of the top class service. yep impressed with the grand beach hotel.

Room Tip: if you can get bay + beach view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Absolutely loved this hotel, it was central and catching a public bus was no problem. The beach was absolutely lovely although you have to pay like $10.00 rental for a couple of beach chairs for the day. This hotel was very clean and employees professional and courteous they allowed us a later check out time and were helpful with directions for buses etc. Ok the cost to eat in the hotel was very high and actually with everything else that was around most days we either ate out or bought our own food in. Nice to have a little fridge to keep our drinks cold as they were pretty expensive at the hotel too. The beach was very clean and we totally enjoyed the 5 days we spent there are certainly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Balcony suite facing the ocean, great view..
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
São Paulo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This hotel could be fantastic. The biggest problem here is the staff. If you think that you are not going to need of any assistance of any kind, I recommend you to stay here. But if you care about a nice treatment, specially if you are on vacation, I strongly recommend that you look for another place to stay.

We stayed at an ocean front suite. Breath-taken view, nice bed. Just one point... You cannot sleep until late. If there is sun, it will shine strongly into your room since 7am!

The thing is that I had a huge problem at the hotel. My iPod was STOLEN from our car at the Valet Parking, which by the way it is pretty expensive (USD 30 per night). But the worst part about it was the manager of the hotel, William Garcia, who was discussing with me instead of try to find a solution to solve this huge inconvenient. He was very rude with me, with my husband and with our friends. It really ruined our night.
All valets are pretty rude, the car always took a long time to arrive...
It is shame, because the hotel it is good and could be perfect, if all staff could work to make all guests have a perfect stay... But it looks like the opposite!
And I saw thru Trip Advisor and Foursquare that I am not the only one that had something stolen at this hotel. I saw a lot of people reporting the same...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank VanessaVM
Mevasseret Tzion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Spent 5 nights at this beautiful, modern and elegant hotel. Everything about the hotel was memorable - beautifully appointed rooms, excellent service, friendly staff, great pool and beach facilities, good breakfasts and a wonderful location. If we return to Miami Beach in the future, we will stay here again without hesitation! Great value for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are large suites - choose according to price and view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
#3 of 206 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,117 reviews
Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!