“Good option!”

Ranked #58 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sao Paulo
“Good option!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

It's a good hotel, perfect if you don't care for special services. Veryvery very nice room (clean, big and quite peaceful) with Wi Fi free and fast. On the other hand, poor breakfast, swimming pools always full, expensive beach service (US$ 10 per umbrella and chairs, each day) and ans expensive parking lot. And forget to walk around the hotel... it's far from everywhere... you will really need a car.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

The rooms were clean, the lobby was very trendy. The pool area was sufficient. I was not too pleased with house keeping, I made reservations for 3 adults but had only 2 sets if bath towels, when called house keeping for additional bath sets, we never received them. I had to call the front desk over an hour later to get extra bath towels.
Upon check in, I was asked about upgrading to an ocean front room so I accepted, only after having to wait about 15 minutes to then be told the ocean front room would not be ready for another hour or so, but the room I originally reserved was ready for occupation when I arrived! DO NOT OFFER something that is not readily available especially when a regular room is ready.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Renee006
LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Read the reviews...Don't stay here!!! Dirty rooms, stained carpets, cold food and additional charges after checkout. The hotel put valet charges onto my account & I didn't have a car!!! I've called at least half a dozen times to resolve this issue only to be passed around from one manager to another with promises of call backs. I'm still waiting for that "call back." With so many other beautiful resorts in Miami don't waste your time or money here. I'm not one to take the time to write reviews but am extremely disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank N G
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here last year and LOVED IT. Despite being a person who always likes to try new hotels, I decided to stay here again without any hesitation. Needless to say, the service in this hotel has gone down dramatically.
Day 1- Bloody sheets: I checked in and noticed that there were blood stains on my sheets. I called downstairs and they came and changed it. AT the VERY LEAST, I would expect an apology from a manager or someone.
Day 2: Non-existent towel service: They have implemented a funny rule in regards to the towel. You have to show a towel card to get towels and if you lose the card, you will be charged. So far so good. So, I returned my drenched towels and asked for a new set. I was told that the card only permits you to 2 towels and that I would no longer be able to receive any. Thus, I had to walk through the hotels AC, literally soaked. I asked the front desk for a manager and the answer was "He is not in". Nothing about he will be in, or we will have him contact you.. simply... do not bother them.
Simple: Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bolo134
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here for one night. Check in was fine but took a while to sort out. Rooms are impressive but the white carpet shows every little stain. Only ate in the bar in the foyer, portions were good but not cheap. No bars or restaurants nearby, just hotels. Check out seemed to take an age for everyone and having swiped a credit card at check in to take a "deposit", it won't get refunded immediately. The excuse seemed to be "it's not the hotel, it's the banks". Everyone I saw checking out had a grumble over this.

Only 1 night so I couldn't really give a more in-depth review but on the basis of 1 night, it was very comfortable. I arrived by train at the Amtrak station and a taxi cost $32 if it's any help?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NickKeo
Montréal, Québec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I just came back from my trip to Florida, we stayed at different hotels thoughout our visit and our last stop was at the Grand Beach Hotel. The hotel looks good, the lobby is nice and modern and the room looked ok...the furniture and carpets are all white and you can easily see the stains on them. Here are the main problems that I had during my stay : My first problem is that in order to have a little bit of peace, since the pool is so noisy and crowded (I have nothing against kids, but there was quite a lot of kids in the pool area, it made it nearly impossible to go in the pool as they were splashing and screaming everywhere) we had to go to the beach, it ended up costing me$$$$ for a beach chair and umbrella. My second problem is having to pay for overnight parking, 29$ per night??? It feels like they never stop charging for something! My 3rd problem was with the staff upon departure, not one question about how we enjoyed our stay, not even a good morning, have a good day....or a THANK YOU for staying with us. And the last one is the restaurant, having breakfast there is quite expensive, the quality is so/so and the 1st morning our pancakes were cold...not so Grand! And for all these reasons, I would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chirstine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Rooms: Nice, clean, pillows à bit hard, sofa is very bad. Swimming pool: beautiful, but to small for amount of guests, water: to warm and dirty at THE end of THE day. Service: very slow. Location: there is no shop in THE neigborhood. Parking: expensive. Beach: expensive chairs.

• Stayed August 2011
#22 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,625 reviews
City Center
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!