“Nice Stay.. but a few things to change”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #65 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel for two nights during our honeymoon before flying to the bvi. We stayed in a ocean front suite, with a very nice view and also very clean wich naturally for all travellers is a must.
The hotel is beautiful and modern, located in a quiet part of Miami beach with a large private beach (for those criticizing the location and distance from South beach maybe you should study before making a reservation) .. We could have enjoyed the beach much longer if they didn't take away the sun beds already at 6pm after paying $30,00.
Adult pool bar should stay open longer than 7pm, to enjoy the views with a cold drink (aren't we in Miami???)
All staff members were very friendly and helpful. Great free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tommylu
Write a ReviewReviews (5,468)

Reviewed August 1, 2011

we were looking for 2 weeks reviews for hotel on Collins and we choose this hotel because of the good reviews. When we get there it was a kinder garden
No rules no respect for nothing. When we arrived we've been told that we can smoke on the balkony, cause we will have to pay fine of 300$.We didnt ! But everytime we go on the balcony there is somebody smoking. Our last day we hardly sleep cause the room next to us was drinking and smoking till 1.30 in the morning while I was calling the front desk and nowbody answer the phone, so I went myself and ask them nicely if they dont mind stop making all that noise! I slept for another half an hour and I woke up from noise coming from downstairs! All the swimming pool and jacuzzi full of children 2 A.M.? For the money you paying all this ? I dont know? We have to be at the aeroport at 9a.m. after this terrible night. Now 8 a.m. while taking a shower we listening " bip bip bip this is not an exercize this a real fire alarm " Some kid light a cigaret and the fire alarm go on very simple. WE HAVE TO TAKE STAIRS with all the laguage and when we finally get down one of the employes told me that they are trying their best ? Scary ! If u go to this hotel make sure they dont have 200 kids staying there! Very good hotel for teenagers, that yes

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank vesna57
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We go there last year in August. The hotel is very clean. Our room has a separated seating area and a room with two queen beds. We also have two plasma tv. We will return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

First of all, I think $29 valet fee is a little steep. However, that’s not my big beef with this hotel.

On my very first night after picking up my rental car, I released it to their kamikaze valet crew. The next morning, when I picked it up, there were a number of small dents on the edge of the driver’s door (right beside the door handle) where they are IMPOSSIBLE to miss. The door had obviously been opened against something else…since the door EDGE was bent, but the door NOT the door JAM (1/8” next to it).

When I brought the damage to the attention of the “then-in-charge-manager”, did everything he could think of to disavow the damage, and see how he could avoid having the hotel be responsible. First, he asked why I didn’t buy the rental car insurance…because then it would be covered. As if it’s MY fault for not paying for additional insurance when my car insurance automatically covers accidents (unfortunately with a $500 deductible).

Next he said this couldn’t have happened in their lot, because they have round pillars…that didn’t MATCH the dent pattern on my door. What he didn’t realize…there is probably another car in the lot that has a corresponding DENT on it.

I was running late for an appointment, and Mr Garcia promised to have the report ready for me to take to the car rental company when I returned that evening. Since I wasn’t going to be returning until early AM hours, he promised he would have it first thing in the morning at 6:00 AM when I was leaving to catch my flight home. I double-questioned the early 6:00 AM hour, and he assured me that he worked that morning, and WOULD BE THERE.

Next morning…6:00 AM…no William. He doesn’t come in until 7:00 AM…yet he ASSURED me he would be in at 6:00. I had to leave for my flight WITHOUT any documentation to give to the car rental company showing responsibility for the damage.

Forget about any positive reviews this hotel has (Yes, our room was pretty, too). If you’re “valeting” your car...find somewhere else to go.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank osubuki
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed in a bayview suite. Partly seaview. Clean room with a very good bed. Staff friendly and very helpfull. Forgot a view items and before we left Florida could pick these up after sending an mail. Swimmingpool a little bed dirty beds at arrving there end of afternoon. Should be cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We found this ''gem" during an internet search and drove down to Miami Beach to see it before booking a room. When we arrived we loved the location. Directly on the beach! We asked the front desk staff if we could see a room before making a final decision to stay and were escorted by a bellman to an available room. We were so impressed with the room we checked in immediately. The decor is "cloud" white and comfy. There is a living area with a sofa bed, a full bath, a smaller bath with a shower only, a seperate (but not walled off) bedroom with large mirrored his/her closets. A mini-bar with fridge and snack bar ($) with bottled water and sweet and salty snacks are also available. There are very comfortable robes hanging in the closet that we practically lived in when we weren't on the beach. The outdoor restaurant was well-staffed and the food was very good. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay away from the Collins Avenue party crowd but also be close to the action for a short cab ride.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

After checking out our backpack was dissapeared somehow. Nobody helped us from the staff moreover they lied us about calling the police. Like nothing happened... And the point is that there were several security cameras inside and outside the hotel which were completely recorded the whole theft. Now we are suspecting that one of the staff stole the bag which contained our 3 passports, a lot of cash, reservation documents, and souvenirs from places we visited.
So if you thinking about staying in Grand Beach Hotel DO NOT DO! Or even if you go, don't ask anything from the hotel manager PACHECO!
Thank You for this memorable day Grand B*tch Hotel