“Worst stay of my trip!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Hostel

Miami Hostel
Perth, Australia
“Worst stay of my trip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is being advertised as a party hostel, which I thought was great as I was travelling alone I wanted to meet people. WRONG! I walked in wondering where I was. There was about 3 or 4 guests sitting around the outside area, possibly because it was brighter and cooler than the rooms, and they were all eyeballing each other, not saying a word. Then I walked past a man who was sitting at the bar eating a bowl of cereal (turned out that was the manager and by bar I mean a piece of wood with a fridge behind it, they don't actually serve drinks there). When he did let me checkin I was taken back out the front gate and in the gate next door, up some tiny stairs and to a room where, if it wasn't for the street lights, would have been pitch black.
The whole place had a dirty vibe to it. I kept my thongs on the whole time and felt cleaner if I avoided the shower.

Luckily I was only there for 2 nights. I arrived late the first night and was up and out of there early the next morning, spending the whole day on hop-on hop-off busses and drinking with the staff at the Hard Rock Miami (so I thankfully don't remember the second night).

Overall was the worst place I stayed in my whole trip and made Miami a bit of a downer for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kelly B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I will never recommend this place at all .. Period ,, at nite we were yelled at because of having a good time ,, his name was illke , what a jerk off of a manager , where are his people skills .. He should find another line of work , never could help anybody with directions ,

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly, the manager is a legend, always happy to help!
Really sociable place and you can bring your own alcohol in. Kitchen is big and always kept clean. Free computers. Liquor shop right next door and supermarket within walking distance. Dorms were average, lockers provided & A/C.
Outdoor spa also. Met a wicked group of people here and would definately stay here again if I was to return.

• Stayed March 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights in March. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Kitchen was lush and always kept clean. Such an amazing atmosphere and met some incredible people!

Beds where comfy and not cramped, rooms were nicely aired and spacious. Our room was really close to the chill out/party area so can get noisy at night. Obviously if you're the noisy ones then it doesn't matter :)

Highly recommend this place and actually have been recommending it to people I know who are visiting later in the year!

Room Tip: If you want to be away from noise then ask not to be by the communal area.
2 Thank SCWILLS
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Based on other reviews, I thought this would be a great place to stay...
People didn't seem too friendly at all, so was hard to meet new people. Most people in my room just satyed in at night! It's quite central and only a short walk to the beach & Ocean Drive. My room was right next to the common area so got quite loud at night when i was trying to sleep. The room also had an automatic air freshener spray that got quite irritating (it went off about every 15 mins), and caused coughing and difficulty to sleep. I'm sure there are better places to stay in Miami Beach!

Room Tip: Somewhere not near the common area!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank aoife_ob
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hey there,

me and my friends have been in Miami this Spring. First we booked the 'International South Beach' Hostel but after one month the canceled our reservation due to over-bookings (in fact we think they just gave our room to others who paid more).
So we contacted this Hostel and they were happy to help us out!

The place is very cozy and has a nice location (Liquorstore, Wallgreens, etc. close by) with only 15 minutes to the beach!

2 Thank Richi1987
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

i visited miami for ultra 2013 and this was the first hostel id stayed at and to be honest i was sceptical at first but this place totally changed my mind, everyone id met was cool. even the owners are cool amd down to earth. the bagel and coffee in the morning is a nice touch to get up for, as is the lovely hot tub. the kitchen is always clean and the cleaners are there daily to keep both common room and rooms clean. with many food places nearby plus a liquor store 10 seconds away! all in all great place to stay, beds could be better but still slept ok, lockers were good aswell. would defo recommend this place for a stay.

3 Thank James W