“Absolutley Fantastic”

Miami Hostel
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutley Fantastic”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were two girls travelling North America and came to Miami for the week at the end of our trip. We booked the Miami Hostel because the prices were amazing, it was something like $15 per night! The hostel was always clean and hygienic with a good friendly atmosphere. The kitchen area was very spacious, two big fridge freezers and they offered a free breakfast between 8:00-10:00 every day of a bagel and a free BBQ on Saturdays. The Wi-Fi was brilliant, free pool table although no bar but there is a liquor store next door where you can purchase alcohol and take it to the hostel to drink. The staff were amazing, very friendly and approachable and offered cheap ticket prices to go on a party bus which takes you to different clubs on South Beach every night. We could not have asked for a better place to stay whilst we were in Miami...Absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chels M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed there at the end of my two months backpacking trip. Everything was simply perfect. The welcome\reception was really nice (man from Turkey was really helpful and friendly), the rooms are nice and tidy (cleaning daily), two bathrooms in the room, internet coverage everywhere, good breakfast, felt safe as well. If next time in Miami - here again!

Room Tip: I had room nr ( and everything was cool. There are two bathrooms in this room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tatiana2580
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Miami Beach Hostel facilities are generally good and have maintenance. On arrival they ask for a cash deposit, no other payment methods will be accepted.

The kitchen is very spacious and full refrigerators are excellent. It's weird sometimes find such facilities in hostels.

The WIFI access is very good, I had no problem during my entire stay.

Negative point: During my four days hot water was cut in several opportunities. The last time I took a bath, I did it with ice water having reported the problem on the first day frontdesk.

Have to improve the breakfast, it´s extreme poor. A coffee cups of tergopol, just one medium bagel, a little jam and cream cheese.

The attention of the owner is rude and distant, I had an uncomfortable day during my check out, I had to explain in detail to another employee who looked after me that day and hour handed the cash, because the owner I didn´t give me a receipt of payment when asked.

During my stay I used the whirlpool bathtub (under construction), has water almost cold and excess chlorine.

Room Tip: Asked to frontdesk to regulate the air conditioning in your room, sometimes the cold is pretty inten...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wardha, India
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Excellent location-just next to the bus stop and in the most happening locality of south Beach. Wi-fi, free breakfast are bonus. You can fill a bagfull of breakfast and actually avoid costlier lunch outside! ;-) A pool table and some disco lighting gives it a feel of a discotheque! Only problem is you might feel a bit too cramped in bunk beds as the rooms are very small. For the same reason, cleaning doesnt occur frequently. But a great value for money. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: 8 and 12 bedded dorms can make you claustrophobic!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Only happened upon Miami Hostel as we had an awful experience elsewhere and decided to move here. Don't know why there are bad reviews about it. Staff couldn't have been any friendlier and were extremely helpful. Hostel and rooms are very very clean, free breakfast, organised tours and nights out, bus free outside the door. Couldn't fault it!!

• Stayed October 2012
Mirano, Italy
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you are looking for a really nice place, with wonderful people, and ten min walking from the beach and even cheap.... You are in the right place!!!
You will find a great common room with a pool table, a jacuzzi and free breakfast. They even give you the towels for the beach!!! What else do you pretend for 15$ per night?!?i really suggest to go there

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ericamora22
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you want to lost your stuff,
If you want to go to the jail because you complained of losting your stuff
if you want dirty room
if you want to treat you improper, so this is the right place for you.
My story is that i paid for 8 days and the 2nd day i tried to find my stuff in the common friedge after the cleaning of kitchen staff. I went to complain and the kitchen staff started screaming to me. I went to the front desk and explained the situation. The man there at the begining tried to find out my stuff but after came to me and he told me that he didn't want to stay any more in the hostel. I called the police and this man told them that i tried to hit them. The police arrested me without any reason. I tried to call my embassy but the police didn't allow me, neither let me speak with sb in my language. After, one day in jail with homeless, drug people released.This is my story! If you want to have the same experience you can live it! GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed August 2012