All reviews yogurt party bus free breakfast person room shared kitchen shared rooms big kitchen stove top safe box ensuite bathroom clean and comfortable rooms perfect location recommend staying here hip hop excellent place to stay bars and clubs south beach
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

I can’t fault this hostel, the staff were friendly and helpful from the get go! They host awesome party nights, the location is great and the cleanliness and facilities exceeded expectations. Thanks for the great stay guys!

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at the Rock Hostel! The location is perfect! You’re in the midst of EVERYTHING, & the ocean is a short 2 minute walk. The breakfast was delightful as well. The front desk people are very nice & very informative. We did Story nightclub & had a blast! Drinks were provided prior to the club. Which was cool because we got to meet the other guests staying at the hostel. Pleasurable experience!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I visited here last winter with my friend when we were on our travels. I’ve stayed in a few hostels and this is defiantly the best. A massive room, each have our own lockers with good space , a communal area there is a bathroom with a shower in the room also which was a plus. The hostel organises events each day and night so we were kept busy. Good value I paid $150 for 5 nights. Bar and Restaurant in the hostel which was also a great way of starting off your night and to meet people.

Perfect location also 5 min walk from ocean drive and the beach:

However if you are planning to go on the Bahamas trip which the hostel organised and you are on travelling with a visa, don’t plan on going unless you have all your paper work with you. My friend was on a J1 visa and was stopped at emigration and the money was non-refundable.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Nothing to complain about this hostel. My dorm had a seperate bathroom and kitchen.

I was used to hostels in Asia and Europe: my experience is that the whole experience is different in de US. I thought it was less sociable and not so easy to meet anyone. People were more to theirselves, whereas first thing in a hostel in Thailand for example you are meeting someone in the common area. Rock hostel didnt really have a common area. There’s a bar downstairs as well but was confused if I could sit there as a hostel guest.

Also I thougt that the reception dude was a robot because he said exactly the same things to everyone. Felt fake to me.

I prefer the hostel scene in Asia but because of the price I would definitely book an hostel again in Miami.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Navigator766583, Manager at Rock Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Hello Danielle,

We are so sorry you were not able to socialize as you expected. We know how important this aspect is so we are currently working on renovating our bar and also adding more communal space for other people to meet. Our staff has a dialogue that he has to go over with guest checking in to make sure they are aware of all the things going on, rules, and regulations. But if you approach them when they are not doing check-ins they are very happy and easygoing. We select our staff very carefully because we want them to fit the hostel vibe. We hope to see you again and have a chance to show you a better time!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Friendly and helpful stuff, clean and comfortable rooms just one block away from the beach at the heart of South Beach. Highly recommendable and excellent value for money.They always organize activities for guests which are great.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

We are so happy to read your lovely feedback. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again soon.