“I would book it again!”
Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #63 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Great location - close to beach and walk distance to all the shops and restaurants.

We had great breakfast at one of the restaurants outside the hotel.

Room was clean and had a real kitchen.

Wahlgreens is just around the corner.

We stayed two nights before our cruise. We would definitely go back!

Stayed: January 2014
FritzHotel, Front Office Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive feedback regarding your recent experience at The Fritz hotel. We are truly delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back for some more fun in the sun in the near future. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Best regards,

The Fritz Team

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel sign was small and if you didn't pay attention you will walk right pass it!!! Their is no real hotel lobby. No bellman or anyone to help you with luggage. Parking was very difficult as it is in a Main Street and the Valet Parking doesn't even reference on their sign the name of the hotel. I guess because they are a 3rd Party vendor that is in the business to valet park for the nearby restaurants. They were not helpful at all, I had to get out of the car to look for some one. And when I did find someone they told me to wait in the car, after not seeing anyone come back to me for 5 minutes I found another solution. Ended up parking across the street using meter coin parking. Had to walk across the street with my luggage. The entrance is very inconvenient. it was only my 17 year daughter and me and we had the single room, for someone that is cloister phoebic this is not the place to stay. The room is dark and no windows. Sorry a window against the bed...looking across a wall... If that is a view..I guess I stand corrected. The air condition is loud. Not impress at all. By they way they put a hold on my Credit Card for incidentals and it took 8 days since my stay to get my money back. I call their number and no human answers, it just prompts me to reservations voicemail. Left message and never got a call back. Now you go ahead and decide if you want to stay there...for us it was not worth it ALL.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lucia1232
FritzHotel, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Although we continually strive for excellence, there are times when our guests may experience that our service and facilities are less than acceptable .Regarding the valet parking service, that for the most part is very accommodating to our guests, is managed as you mention on your comment by a third party company. We are very aware that travelers are looking for the best value for their hard earned money, and we are confident that, for the most part, we deliver an excellent product and services for the price paid. We very much appreciate your comments, and hope to have another opportunity to serve you.
Best regards,

Camilo Matarraz

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have been many times in the last years in Miami and always in the Casanova Suites Miami, today the Fritz Hotel.
The suites are very confortable, wide, clean, tidy and are very good equipped with all you can need.
The location of the hotel is excellent, in front of the beach and near many good restaurants, shops, supermarkets, pubs and nightclubs.

The relation prices/quality+ service is very good and the best of all is the people who works there. Always very kind, attend and willing to find solutions to our requirements.

We will no hesitate in coming back next time in Miami.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed three days at the Fritz/ Casanova Suites (they seem to use both names). Very happy experience. There is no frontage on Ocean Drive so you walk to a doorway between two restaurants, one of which is in front of the Fritz. My favorite layout for Miami Beach. A real bedroom that closes off with a door from the living/ fold out futon area. A real kitchen, and there is even ground/ unpackaged coffee for the coffee maker. A real apartment set up. Seems all newly redone to me. Good bed and futon/ couch. Table and chairs for eating. Silver, pots, pans, etc.

The location could not be better. Between 5th and 6th on Ocean Way. The beach is one minute away. The running/ jogging path is right across the street. Everything you need for the unit is available on 5th, the closest street. Breakfast on the sidewalk in front of the hotel is just fine.

The desk staff know the area. They are more than friendly.There are dozens of every kind of restaurant within walking distance. The staff knows most of them and, being Argentine, directed us to a great parilla two blocks away for some of the best grill I've had since being in Argentina.

Did I add that this place is a bargain? You don't need (or want) a car in Miami Beach as the bus system for South Beach is excellent. If you have a car, as we did, valet park it and forget it. In and out included with valet (but tell the valet you may need it when you first park). I disagree with those who think South Beach is expensive. I am always surprised how things here don't cost more than they do in most other places. Prices here are not much different from my small town in Vermont. There are many restaurants that could upcharge in most cities but not here because of competition. Also, the quality of most equals that of most cities. I've been lots of places but love to run down to South Beach for a couple of days of R&R. I'd gladly use the Fritz/ Casanova Suites for a family trip or any other kind of trip when I return to MB.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vermontman
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I went with one of my girlfriends for a birthday trip and we booked on Priceline under Casanova Suites. We did not get any notification that the hotel name was changed and found out when we arrived at the hotel and asked the valet guy because the taxi cab didn't know either. We arrived at 3 and we got the room right across the entrance door. The front desk worker said it was newly renovated, which was disappointing, because we were promised a little kitchenette area. The room wasn't fully done, the hairdryer was on the floor not screwed to the wall. No mirrors except the one in the bathroom. If you lay on the bed you can't see the tv. Otherwise, room was spacious, clean. Fernando, the other front desk worker was great! He went downstairs and got us a full length mirror and made sure we were satisfied! Great location, right across from the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I often travel to different places every year and stay in different hotels, but I have to admit, this is by far one of the best hotels my girlfriend and I have ever stayed. The room was clean and smelled clean. The king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I ever laid in. The pillows, the sheets, and the comforter were clean and so comfortable. The view of the beach from the roof of the hotel was spectacular. And the pool on the roof was nothing but fun and relaxing. Excellent service and prime location.. Very friendly staff!. We will come back again

• Stayed: November 2013
CasanovaSuites, Front Office Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time, and writing a 5 star review, we are very pleased that you and your girlfriend had a wonderful time at The Fritz Hotel. We are glad to read that both took advantage of our rooftop pool with beautiful views, and the Hotel’s prime location. We would be more than happy to have you back at our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel on line. In the heart of South Beach. The manager upgraded us to a suite with a kitchenette and a balcony. Very nice and accommodating. Food in South Beach very expensive. Loved the music. Great view of beach from balcony. A must for smokers. Beautiful sunrise seen from balcony. Used bookings.com on my iPad to reserve room. Their website is so easy to use.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the time you took to provide us with such a wonderful 5 star feedback! I am extremely glad to read that you enjoyed the location of our property as well as the suite you were upgraded !! We would love to have you stay with us again!!