“I love it!! in te middle of everything!”
Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #67 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Panama City, Panama
“I love it!! in te middle of everything!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I love this hotel, the room spacius, clean and quiet.
I went when was "Casanova Suites on the Beach"
the bed umm excelent, make me feel like home. the bathroom so beatiful and clean
the front desk always willing to help you.
The pool very romantic on night, with a wonderful view in the middle of ocean drive, great location!

I hope the new owners keep like Casanonova or better, if is so, any time if i have to stay again in south beach, i will stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: excellent location and spacious room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Esmeralda B
CasanovaSuites, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Esmeralda,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that our newly renovated room met all your expectations. Please let me know next time you want to come so we can always customize your stay and allow you to have a wonderful time. Always feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Camilo Matarraz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Fritz Hotel formerly known as the Casanova Suites is a fabulous hotel on South beach. The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, great value and superior customer service. I visit South Beach approximately 5 times a year, however, I have never stayed at the Fritz. The location is awesome. The hotel is appropriate for kids as well. There is a lot of noise in the hotel or people walking around intoxicated. You can walk out of your hotel and have dinner or you can walk up the street and go party at the clubs.
Fernando, Front Desk agent was very nice and welcomed me to the hotel. He was very knowledgeable of the restaurants and the area. He made sure that I was satisfied with the hotel and requested that I contact the front desk if I needed anything. Actually everyone employee that I met ( Virry and Manuel) was very welcoming and courteous.

The pool area is also very nice and you are right across the street from the beach. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who enjoys, cleanliness, spacious rooms, quiet and great customer service.the Fritz previously known as Casanova Suites is awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I can't say enough amazing things about this place! My girl friend and I booked a king bed there for my weekend down there visiting her. The first room they put us in was only a queen... but it was still a super nicely done, clean, updated, great room! We just wanted a larger bed since we were sharing. They had two open that were newly redone and HOLY WOW it was so amazing!! Our room ended up being on the first floor, right in front of the steps to get out onto the street across from the beach. Floor to ceiling tinted windows, so when they were open during the day we had an awesome view of passers by and the park and ocean right there without them seeing us! Couldn't have asked for a more perfect location, it's a win win win for all. Across the street from the best beach access, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and places to go out. On top of all that - you can't beat the amazing rooftop deck! The pool is small but who cares! We brought cocktails up there before we went out and it was awesome. The staff is also incredibly nice and superb. The only only thing I could find to say is that the lobby is a little hard to find at first and that people did mistake our room for it because it's in the front of the hotel and the lobby is in the back. But - a clearly marked sign would make that a super easy fix.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor or one facing the street - you won't regret it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natalia K
Wethersfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were traveling with 2 other groups of people who wanted different things. Some of us wanted to be close to the action, some of us wanted to stay on a beach front property. We thought we had the best of both worlds here but we were mistaken. There is a park across the street and the hotel does not provide for beach service so it wasn't ideal for those of us who wanted to be out in the sand with a few steps. It was ok for walking around though it wasn't the best part of South Beach. The accommodations were clean and basic, nothing to complain here, but then again, nothing special. Best to choose what is important to you and go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Samy1000
FritzHotel, Front Office Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Fritz Hotel. Our suites are designed to reflect the comforts of home, fully equipped with kitchenettes and separate living room area. I am thrilled to read this great feed back regarding our property as well as our staff. We are looking forward to have you at the Fritz Hotel in the near future.

The Fritz Team
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I came here for a bachelorette party. We arrived from LA around 8am and were hoping to be able to check in before 3:30 as we were very tired. Manuel the manager was able to give us an ocean front room and was very helpful and allowed us to check in hours before we expected. It was a great 4 days with a great location and spacious rooms! We were all very happy. We were also very happy to see the front desk man keeping an eye out for us when we would come back late at night from the clubs. It was nice to see he was watching for our safety making sure no one was following us back to the hotel. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Neda1234
Clearwater Beach
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice hotel, bit dated but overall. Had a great 2 room suite, ocean view, kitchen, well stocked frig for an excellent price. Staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Highly recommended, good value compared to others on the beach. I'll return soon.

Room Tip: Ask for #402
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
East Coast
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My first review.

I recently stayed at Casanova from Sun.-Thur. I would recommend this place to friends...with a few caveats.

1. Do research, know that this is not a luxury hotel or even a full service hotel. It is a place that offers large rooms that are relatively clean, nicely appointed and very spacious.

2. If you require everything in the room to work 100% to be happy, choose another place. The only issues I had were that the full size stainless steel fridge/freezer wouldn't make ice, one of the 4or 5 lamps didn't work, and the bathroom sink leaked a little. Bed squeaked on EVERY move I made. The lobby currently sucks, but that affected my stay 0.25%

Some great things.

Friendly staff, huge 1 bedroom suites with full size fridge and microwave, walk-in closet, rooftop pool with a great view of the ocean. On Sunday night the roof was really rockin, with a bartender and music, not sure how oftentimes that happens. Location is great right near the action, but still able to sleep.

Tip: There is a Walgreens right around the corner and they sell alcohol, even the liquor. The food on Ocean Dr is costly, explore. Learn how to ride the bus(I did). Parking is terrible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple