“Convenient and spacious”
Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #63 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked our 3 night stay many months ago and considered switching my booking due to negative reviews. I can understand the negative comments but overall I'm glad we stayed here. The entrance is insignificant and the lobby is simply a walk through to the lift but this was not an issue for us. Our 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor overlooked Ocean Drive and the ocean - premium location although it was noisy until after midnight. The suite was very spacious, beds very clean and comfortable, maid service excellent but the air conditioning unit was ancient and very noisy although it was effective. I got the impression that the property had once upon a time been very high class but as furniture needed replaced it was done so to a much lesser standard. The roof top pool is clean and small with sun loungers and pool towels provided. The small pool is not an issue as the beach and ocean are just across the road. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay here again - if you are looking for frills and extras this is available in South Beach but at a much higher cost.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fantastic place in a great location with reasonable prices!!!
Crew is awesome, very polite , friendly and helpful.
Rooms are big and clean, with a nice kitchen.
Back in SoBe I will sure stay in there again!

Room Tip: Nothing to complain ! Stay in here you will be very happy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed there From March 17th-20th. It was very easy to find and the rooms were very spacious and clean. I really liked the rooms except we had no balcony. Which Im learning that in South Beach is a real challenge unless you want to spend an insane amount of money.
While booking I was annoyed that everything was across the road from the beach but it turned out to not be a big ordeal. The park was nice and it wasn't like it was a huge obstacle to keep you away from the beach.
The restaurant in front of the hotel had a great breakfast for a reasonable price. Lets face it everything in Miami is expensive no matter where you eat. I really loved the side walk Cafes. There are bars within a reasonable walking distance I love Wet Willies and Jessica the bartender is awesome.
I would stay here again and I highly recommend it. Don't let the lobby throw you off tho, it's small and dingy but it doesn't effect the rooms.
The pool area was good the chairs comfy provided a great view the pool was really cold but it was march. It was clean.
Valet parking is $30.00 a day, but you can't get parking any cheaper and you have to valet park at all places on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Livin-life-2003
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed at Casanova suites three times and It never fails to delight me, from the large suites and great location to the friendly and helpful service who has always helped me manage my stay with a smile, even when I was stressed by cancelled flights.
I highly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Ocean fronts suites are breathtaking !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Minochis
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We spend 3 nights at the Casanova suites and we had a fabulous time. The hotel is convenient located at the heart of Ocean Drive just across from the ocean. The rooms are huge and very well equipped. The hotel entrance it's a little bit shaddy but this is because they are under renovation and they will soon be inaugurating a completely new lobby and hotel entrance. The true gem of this hotel is the staff. Thank you guy's for a fantastic stay. :-) . Hopefully we will come next year.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Paisita33
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The property is located right in the action and is very spacious, with lots of potential but really needs some TLC. Drapes were torn and falling off the tracks. Walls were very dirty and scuffed, as were bathroom floors. There seemed to be attempts to make the property nice - nice finishes in the bathrooms, and kitchen but it has not been kept up. Very scary lobby with nasty smells. It is very noisy - if you are going to party and not sleep it is perfect - DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES ON THE SITE!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
CasanovaSuites, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guets,

I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you might had during your stay. The hotel is currently going under renovation and is true that it can get a little bit noisy specially after 11 am. Luckily the renovation is almost over and in a few months we will have 7 more beautiful rooms to offer and a completely renovated lobby We are currently in high season with a very high rate of occupancy (94%) giving us very little time to none to keep up with painting needs. Be sure that all rooms are schedule for painting during the next couple of months. We do proud our selves on keeping our suites clean.

Best regards,

Camilo Matarraz

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in such a great spot! With a prime location our balcony looked onto Ocean Drive. We had 5 people in our room and with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen area we had plenty of room! The room was clean and spacious. It was a little chilly so we weren't able to take advantage I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends