“Misleading Advertising & pics”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #103 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hamilton, Canada
“Misleading Advertising & pics”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The property is located right in the action and is very spacious, with lots of potential but really needs some TLC. Drapes were torn and falling off the tracks. Walls were very dirty and scuffed, as were bathroom floors. There seemed to be attempts to make the property nice - nice finishes in the bathrooms, and kitchen but it has not been kept up. Very scary lobby with nasty smells. It is very noisy - if you are going to party and not sleep it is perfect - DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES ON THE SITE!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CasanovaSuites, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guets,

I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you might had during your stay. The hotel is currently going under renovation and is true that it can get a little bit noisy specially after 11 am. Luckily the renovation is almost over and in a few months we will have 7 more beautiful rooms to offer and a completely renovated lobby We are currently in high season with a very high rate of occupancy (94%) giving us very little time to none to keep up with painting needs. Be sure that all rooms are schedule for painting during the next couple of months. We do proud our selves on keeping our suites clean.

Camilo Matarraz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Providence RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in such a great spot! With a prime location our balcony looked onto Ocean Drive. We had 5 people in our room and with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen area we had plenty of room! The room was clean and spacious. It was a little chilly so we weren't able to take advantage I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at casanova suites for only three nights, but I wished it was more. The front desk staff is super, great service at all times, they even let me check-in early at no extra cost. The hotel entrance is kind of creepy, and lobby (under renovation) is tiny, and falling apart, but as they explained me they are doing more rooms, and switching the lobby to the 2nd floor.However, you dont spend much time in the lobby, so we could care less. The suite I stayed was the one with the ocean view, it is huge, plenty of space with a very well equipped kitchenette, master bedroom with a comfortable king size bed. It has a small balcony, and 2 flat screens with no many channel options.
Rooftop pool was nice, but no great. It needs at least a little bit of work, like some umbrellas will be nice.
I would most definitely recommend this beautiful boutique, and I'm waiting for next year to make my reservation here. Thanks to the staff for a great stay...

• Stayed February 2013
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your great review. We take pride in having a very small staff but a very helpful one. Currently, we are working hard to remodel our hotel and make it look beautiful. Soon enough we will be inaugurating a new lobby are and also 7 more rooms. Please visit us soon to take advantage of our great deals and new amenities.

Casanova Team
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Overall, I liked the hotel a lot, and the price was good for the area.

Just don't judge the place based on your impression of the lobby on the side of the hotel, which was undergoing construction. The room we had didn't have a view of the ocean or a balcony, but it was spacious - it seemed like it might have been 2 rooms at one time.

The room was very clean, the floors were tiled in what looked like marble, and the appliances, tv, bed, plumbing fixtures, curtains etc seemed to be new. The bed was very comfy, shower was wonderful. Wi-fi worked great. And the place was quiet - until about 8am in the morning when some garbage trucks in the laneway made some noise - but not terrible. As for the location, it's unbeatable. Near many restaurants, right across the street from the beach.

The manager was helpful, guiding us to restaurants, booking a taxi, holding our bags for us, and in general helping us out.

I only stayed one night before a cruise, so don't feel I can comment on the property as a whole, but I liked my room a lot.

Summary: I thought I got great value for the money, and at a good quality standard. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are deeply thankful for your kind review. Thank you for not judging us for our lobby and the side entrance of the hotel and putting into detail our great qualities. We hope to see you very soon so you can enjoy our future lobby and new great rooms. Our next project is to upgrade our beautiful rooftop.

Casanova Team
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Let me begin with the "lobby", which was filthy and a mess. We arrived to check in and had to wait 20 minutes while the one person behind the dinky desk checked in someone else.
(Oh and the walkway into the hotel is a dirty, stinky little sidewalk on the side, you feel like you're walking into an apartment building in the ghetto.)
In the meantime housekeeping was going in and out of their storage space which was 5 feet away from the "lobby", so we got a full view of that filthy spot.
The hallway to our suite had dirt all over the floors the entire time we were there. I don't think housekeeping mopped it even once.
Our suite smelled like mold and the "sofabed" was an uncomfortable futon with a disgusting dirty cover on it.
The curtains were stained and didn't serve to block out the light. When I go on vacation I like to sleep late but that was impossible!
Oh and the two flat screen tvs are useless because there's NO CABLE! 19 pathetic channels total. My kids were super disappointed, as part of going on vacation is relaxing in front of the tv after a nice swim.
The pool was teeny and empty the entire time we were there, probably because no one was staying there.
Yes it's cheap..for a reason!
My advice is to spend the extra few hundred and stay in a decent place, going on vacation and staying at this dive was the pits, we ended up spending most of our time at a friend's hotel in North Miami Beach, which has much nicer hotels.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank mommy114
CasanovaSuites, Reservations at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear guest we apologize for the inconveniences you had in your stay. We are currently under renovation, and remodeling the different areas you pointed. We are currently working hard to make the new front desk comfy and appealing. As per the suite not being cleaned, and the inconveniences you have encountered, did you inform the front desk on duty? We take pride in offering excellent, and specialized customer service, and we could have addressed those issues. We appreciate your feedback,
Best regards.
Farnham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The flexible, cheerful and ever helpful staff were the redeeming feature of this hotel. They deserve 5 stars. Suite is extremely spacious with a great view from master bedroom. However desperately in need of renovation bathroom fittings rotting away, sparse dated furniture, roof terrace pool uninviting probably not dirty but looked it because of very worn bottom of pool and nice sun loungers spoilt by burn holes in fabric OK if you want a well located spacious suite but won't make you feel special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CasanovaSuites, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would personally like to thank you for your positive feedback on our staff. Our main goal is that our guests have a pleasant stay and that they come back. I agree with you that the property looks tired in some parts but be sure that as i write this message we have people remodeling the hotel. We will be featuring 7 additional rooms and also a new lobby in the next coming months.

Camilo Matarraz
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

As many have already noted the lobby of this hotel is far from inviting but having read past reviews I was prepared to overlook its condition and placement on the side of the building, I was glad that I did read previous reviews because the suite was indeed very spacious even though it could do with a little more TLC. The bedroom was a good size and the bed was very comfortable and although I didn't have an ocean view, the fact that my suite was in the back with no view at all was good because it was quieter. Large flat screen TV in both rooms was very welcome as was the amazingly equipped kitchen - full size American style refrigerator -double-door with ice-maker and water cooler, Dish washer, combination micro.convection oven and a coffee maker complete with coffee and sugar and the staff were exceptionally kind.
More than anything else the location cannot be beaten - right across the road from Lumus Park and the beach and Bellinis restaurant just outside was excellent with a great choice and decent prices.
I couldn't finish without mentioning that wonderful pool terrace on the roof - it may not be Las Vegas style but is certainly most welcome especially in 80 degrees in the middle of January and the main bonus was that I had it all to myself most of the time.

Room Tip: Rooms without a view are quieter