“Miami Nice”

Ranked #69 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Miami Nice”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As many have already noted the lobby of this hotel is far from inviting but having read past reviews I was prepared to overlook its condition and placement on the side of the building, I was glad that I did read previous reviews because the suite was indeed very spacious even though it could do with a little more TLC. The bedroom was a good size and the bed was very comfortable and although I didn't have an ocean view, the fact that my suite was in the back with no view at all was good because it was quieter. Large flat screen TV in both rooms was very welcome as was the amazingly equipped kitchen - full size American style refrigerator -double-door with ice-maker and water cooler, Dish washer, combination micro.convection oven and a coffee maker complete with coffee and sugar and the staff were exceptionally kind.
More than anything else the location cannot be beaten - right across the road from Lumus Park and the beach and Bellinis restaurant just outside was excellent with a great choice and decent prices.
I couldn't finish without mentioning that wonderful pool terrace on the roof - it may not be Las Vegas style but is certainly most welcome especially in 80 degrees in the middle of January and the main bonus was that I had it all to myself most of the time.

Room Tip: Rooms without a view are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Nazareth, PA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The only problem with this hotel was: finding it. Once we discovered that the entrance is on the side of the building on a very small sidewalk, I was worried at first. The lobby was being renovated and the entrance on the side was only temporary. The staff is super friendly and upon entering our suite, all worry was elevated. The rooms are very clean and huge. The rooftop pool and bar is gorgeous with an amazing view. The hotel is so centrally located that every place is within walking distance. The only regret we had was staying only 1 night before a cruise. We will be back for sure to enjoy this amazing hotel for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pros:
-Great location on Ocean Drive, very walkable to a lot of bars/restaurants/convenience stores etc.
-Complimenatry beach towels
-iHome system in the room
-Great fridge and freezer in the room....good for keeping your own drinks chilled etc.
-Among the more affordable hotels for Ocean Drive
Cons:
-I agree with a previous poster....very obvious that they do only the minimum to keep the property up. Chairs in our room were worn, the sofa was quite worn and dingy and the sofabed itself was clearly in need of a replacement....it sagged quite a bit. Also, just noticed things like grout in the bathroom, chips and scuffs on the walls, etc. We also had problems with a couple of very random things. Random mechanical sounding noise in the bathroom...we never could figure out what it was or where it was coming from. The property does a good job of dressing itself up by having the granite kitchen, stainless steel fridge and a beautiful full length mirror in the bedroom. But if you do anything more than casually glance at the room, you'll notice it could use some tlc.
-VERY dingy leading up to the room.....hallways, lobby, etc. Can also be somewhat tricky finding the entrance to the hotel....it's hidden between two restaurants and you have to walk down an alley to get to it.
-Finally, listen to all of the other posters....this hotel is noisy. And I'm not only talking about the noise of nightlife....I mean, you pick a hotel on Ocean Drive hopefully you aren't picking it to get a quiet, peaceful night of sleep. You're going to hear people, music, conversations etc. However, the noises we heard were more industrial....trash trucks, street sweepers etc.at about 6 in the a.m.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alysia R
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed with my bffs Labor Day Weekend. Great stay! Pros: Location is EXCELLENT! Walgreens is around the corner w/ a licquor strore, TGIF and it's right on Ocean Dr. Beautiful rooms lots of space and the full kitchen is a plus. The rooftop pool has an excellent view we hung out there a lot! Very private feel to the hotel wich is great. CONS: The downstairs restaraunt wasn't that good. It took them 15 min to wait on me & I was by myself! They also overcharged me for my lunch. $7.00 turned into $25.00. Had to call the manager for the horrid service. Music is very noisy from the restaraunt so from 8am-1pm they play. Open the balcony doors and its pumping hard! Bad for hangovers trust me! I got yelled at my last night b/c my boyfriend lives in Miami & we wanted to swim on the roof around 9PM. The desk clerk yelled at us the pool is closed & he snatched our towels. (Not true-my bff's and I had hung out there before way past 9). We were like ok whatever. Other than that- great vacay! You Cassanova have me won over!

Room Tip: TIPS: Swoops is a free shuttle that gets you around South Beach.-The kitchen allows you to cook -we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ebq
Granger, IN
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great apartment size space with kitchen and separate bedroom. Little noisy on the weekend nights (Fri and Sat) but quiet during the week. Beach is right across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Quieter if you stay during the week vs, weekend.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for my birthday 9/13/2012 with my 4 friends for a quick weekend of fun. This hotel has more of an apartment building feel and doesn't quite have the at-your service type of feel you'd get at a typical hotel. It's a good value and the suite was spacious enough for the 5 of us. We stayed in room 301 which has a oceanfront view and balcony, it has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a sofa pull-out (additionally there was a futon which could have also served as a bed.) Two drawbacks to our stay was the ever present thin layer of gritty dust on the bathroom floor and the sad pool on the roof, (but who really cares? We go to Miami for the beach not the pool anyway.) Beach towels are provided and the beach is right outside the front door. There is no bar or restaurant in the hotel, but many food options are nearby (TGIFriday's for one). With a full sized refrigerator we stocked up on water and other essentials like margarita mix! :) One other thing, now I didn't see it, but my friend said she saw a roach in the hallway and you know that's pretty gross and if we are being honest I felt like I should warn you. Overall though, we had a great stay because we made it fun. If you and a group of friends were going to Miami and all wanted to stay together-- and not be cramped-- than this is the best option.

Room Tip: Rm 301 is oceanfront w/ balcony and two bdrms/2 full bathrooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sunny_inDC
CasanovaSuites, Reservations at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thanks for your feedback, here at Casanova Suites we care about our guests, and enjoy seeing them satisfied, we apologize for not having fulfilled your customer service expectations.
We also have our housekeepers that keep the hotel well groomed. The housekeepers are here on an everyday basis, cleaning and making sure the hotel is spotless.
In addition to all the helpful suggestions, did you mention the bug your friend saw to the front desk? We have a contract with a pest control company that takes care of the property. This helps us prevent any presence of any type of bugs.
We appreciate your feedback. We are here to serve you. Feel free to visit us in the future.
Harrison, New Jersey
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Location is excellent, just opp to beach and close to all eating joints. standard Suite was very spacious and cleanliness was decent.Staff was helpful and had us check in at least 3 hours before the check in time.It was bit loud at night at times but if you had a good party night before that, you won't even realize the noise from street. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sumit7474
We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay at our hotel, and took full advantage of our location. We pride ourselves on having very spacious suites on Ocean Drive, it was really a pleasure to serve you. Feel free to visit us in the future, we're here for you.