“Pleasant Stay..!!”

Ranked #69 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Harrison, New Jersey
“Pleasant Stay..!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Location is excellent, just opp to beach and close to all eating joints. standard Suite was very spacious and cleanliness was decent.Staff was helpful and had us check in at least 3 hours before the check in time.It was bit loud at night at times but if you had a good party night before that, you won't even realize the noise from street. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sumit7474
CasanovaSuites, Reservations at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay at our hotel, and took full advantage of our location. We pride ourselves on having very spacious suites on Ocean Drive, it was really a pleasure to serve you. Feel free to visit us in the future, we're here for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is right across Ocean Drive from the beach. It is centrally located in an area with a lot to do. On the flip side it is quite noisy being in a busy area, but we didn't mind and wanted to be close to everything for our short trip.
The rooms are huge and the full kitchen is very nice, but the room we stayed in was sort of worn down. There were dents in the wall and the bathroom door and there were missing baseboards. The bathroom door handle was broken so the door wouldn't really stay closed unless you wiggled it quite a bit. I wish they'd been a little more thorough with the cleaning. There was also hair in the bathroom when we arrived (so I know it wasn't mine) and a used false eyelash in the entry way (definitely not mine). We went to the beach and got some sand on the tiled/marble floor that was never swept away. Also, for some reason they gave us a different coffee pot on the second day and the "new" coffee pot was not clean. On the plus side the bed was comfy and the sheets were clean.
I think we got a decent deal for what we paid (we got an online deal), but I'm glad we didn't pay more for what we got.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annas1984
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I went back in 2009 it was Ocean's Drive best kept secret. The rooms were fresh, everything was new and the rooms were right above a night club. Flat screens, new furniture, and nice renovated kitchen. Service wasn't the best only because they have a small staff but its a small quaint hotel. Only 10 rooms total. If you arrive late night, dont expect to check right in. No one will be at the desk. Other than that, it was perfect. I wonder how it looks now?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chizzidy H
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place is located in the heart of Ocean Drive on South Beach. The suites are huge with all the amenities. Including a full kitchen, refrigerator, drinks, very well stocked with drinks and champagne. Located right across the street from the beach...great access!! In the heart of all the trendy restaurants, so you will never have to walk far to any restaurant of your liking. I have been staying at thi hotel with the ocean view for the past 4 years and I will not change because Camilo and his staff are the best! The only drawback is that with the hotel being in the art deco district, there is no fitness center, but passes are available to Equinox behind the hotel...

• Stayed July 2012
Sweetwater, Tennessee
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great place to stay. Right on Ocean Drive. Everything is in walking distance. Just steps away from the ocean. Suites with balconies overlook Ocean Drive and the Ocean. Nice views, especially the rooftop where the pool is located.Rooms are very spacious. Staff is always willing to help with any problems that may occur. Hotel manager does a great job to meet any needs. I've been vacationing to South Beach for the last 9 years and I've stayed at numerous places. I have stayed at this location for the last 5 years and the few problems that I ran into were corrected immediately. Me and my friends continue to stay here because we feel like it's our home away from home. I visit South Beach several times a year and this is always my first choice of stay. I look forward to many more stays at Casanova. I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in South Beach and if you have any problems don't hesitate to let the staff know and your stay will be great. Big Thanks to the whole staff for all you do.

Room Tip: All rooms are good even if you do not have a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamey423
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and it was perfect! We had a great view, and the room was recently renovated. We had easy access to the beach, shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful, which is a rare combination in Miami. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for great centrally located hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is expensive because it's located on Ocean Dr, facing the beach. However it IS all the way down Ocean Dr, so you aren't necessarily in the main part with the tons of clubs/bars.

That being said, it's kind of a rip off.

Pros: complimentary beach towels, a iHome in the suite
Cons: electrical outlets don't work, the maids replace the towels/sheets BUT DO NOT CLEAN or sweep the floors. Also, our coffee machine didn't work and our suite didn't have dish detergent so we couldn't always properly wash our dishes - and the maids are spotty with that too.

The construction of the place was kind of dumpy - you could tell the owners didn't put a TON of work into keeping the place up, just did the necessary things like replacing of the towels, etc.

It was really hard to get good service when we called down as well. Considering how much we all paid for the place, I'd say it wasn't worth it.

Also there is NO free computer access downstairs and no fitness center. There's a tiny pool on to of the building, but I could do without this if you are planning on actually going to the beach.

There's two restaurants right as you walk outside, Belini's has some good breakfast and lunch specials that make it worth the $, but in return you get terrible service. One of these two restaurants (I think it's Maya's Tapas & Grille) plays nonstop music. All top 40 hits. At first it's okay because you figure you're in Miami, then it just becomes annoying on the third day straight of the same music. It's so loud you can't really fall alseep and get a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends