“Great view nice people”
Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #71 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and it was perfect! We had a great view, and the room was recently renovated. We had easy access to the beach, shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful, which is a rare combination in Miami. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for great centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is expensive because it's located on Ocean Dr, facing the beach. However it IS all the way down Ocean Dr, so you aren't necessarily in the main part with the tons of clubs/bars.

That being said, it's kind of a rip off.

Pros: complimentary beach towels, a iHome in the suite
Cons: electrical outlets don't work, the maids replace the towels/sheets BUT DO NOT CLEAN or sweep the floors. Also, our coffee machine didn't work and our suite didn't have dish detergent so we couldn't always properly wash our dishes - and the maids are spotty with that too.

The construction of the place was kind of dumpy - you could tell the owners didn't put a TON of work into keeping the place up, just did the necessary things like replacing of the towels, etc.

It was really hard to get good service when we called down as well. Considering how much we all paid for the place, I'd say it wasn't worth it.

Also there is NO free computer access downstairs and no fitness center. There's a tiny pool on to of the building, but I could do without this if you are planning on actually going to the beach.

There's two restaurants right as you walk outside, Belini's has some good breakfast and lunch specials that make it worth the $, but in return you get terrible service. One of these two restaurants (I think it's Maya's Tapas & Grille) plays nonstop music. All top 40 hits. At first it's okay because you figure you're in Miami, then it just becomes annoying on the third day straight of the same music. It's so loud you can't really fall alseep and get a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Guest469
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Decided to stay in South Beach while family was in town. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen and sleeper sofa. The room was very spacious and the amenities were very inviting. Customer service was friendly and accomodating.
The only recommendation I would have is for them to place a tv in the living area since there is only 1 tv in the bedroom. I think the suite can easily accomodate 4 guests.
Since the hotel in on Ocean Drive, you have immediate access to the great "wonders" of South Beach. The room is pretty pricey; so not the best option if you are on a strict budget. Unfortunately, parking is not complimentary, so I encourage parking in a lot.
I would recommend to friends and family.

S.Dey

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingTasia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It was quite difficult to find the hotel. The main entrance is on the side. It is more set of apartments than a real hotel. But the apartments are really spacious. It was the biggest room I stayed in during my US trip. Actually it were 2 rooms and both big and spacious. Thre is full equipped kitchen also with basic plates, forks, spoons and knives so you can cook there very comfortably.
The location is great, but we had no view to the beach. But why have a wie if you can do few steps and you are on the beach. It was very quiet place which is almst unique for hotel located on Ocen Drive. There is no breakfast, but you can do breakfast at your room very easily thanks to full equipped kitchen.
Nice place to stay. Be ready to pay from 20 to 30 UDS for parking (24 hour rate).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel H
CasanovaSuites, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay at our hotel. We proud our self in having one of the biggest suites on Ocean Drive and its very comforting to know that our guest are taking full advantage of them. We hope to see you very soon in a near future and please keep yourself posted since there are exiting changes coming very soon to our hotel.

Best regards,

Camilo Matarraz

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is an excellent value for the price. Great location, big rooms, a full kitchen, a great value overall! We'll be staying here next time we're in south beach for sure!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Casnova Suites. It is located in a prime area. Right in the heart of the action. I requested the room with balony which is directly on Ocean Dr. My Dad enjoyed it. I couldn't get him out the room once he saw the balony. The room was great and huge. It wasn't completely stocked but if you asked housekeeping they would provide it. Everyone I met working at the Casanova was very friendly. There was a trick with the pullout couch and we weren't able to utilize it the first night. Housekeeping came in the next day and fixed the problem. We kept the couch as a bed our entire stay. If you want a balony on Ocean Dr., Casanova Suites is the place for you. We walked up and down Ocean Dr. and as I looked at other hotels I know I selected the best place to stay. There is a pharmacy behind the hotel on the corner of 5th and Collins Dr and eating places everywhere. What more could you want?

I will stay at Casanova Suites again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mandykabul

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are super glad in knowing your father enjoy the balcony on his suite. We proud ourselves in having balconies facing Ocean Drive and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean since not many hotels can say the same in Ocean Drive . Please make sure to keep yourself posted in regards to our hotel because there are many exiting changes coming very soon to our property.

Best regards,

Camilo Matarraz

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This single room exceeded my expectations. I rented a suite.
For me the room is luxury and huge for the price, and the location is great.
No further to describe the rooms, all the good reviews are right.
There's a big plus that next to the door is a great value restaurant, Maya tapas and Grill, where i had breakfast to dinner without spending a lot of money and i tried some interesting meals and wines i didn't even know before this trip. Everyone should try it.
As I am a little fool, i forgot the hotel cart bag outside the street, but the hotel staff solve the issue perfectly!!!
Perfect experience!!!!