“Great great great!”

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #17 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We spent four nights at the beginning of Nov 2009 during our honeymoon at The Betsy Hotel in Miami. The hotel is simply fabolous! Nice pool, easy beach access and chair service. Smart, sophisticated hotel with very comfortable rooms, centrally located, just on Ocean Drive. Definitely a hotel we strongly recommend. I would stay there again: thanks again to Amanda and Vladimir!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Betsy - South Beach

Reviewed November 23, 2009

The hotel looks stunning both inside and out. The rooms are quite small however and there are no closets except for hanging clothes. So we had to live out of our suitcases the whole time which doesn't make you feel 'at home'. Also the rooms were quite noisy, either because of the noise of the ventilators on the roof or (after we had changed room after two nights) because of the music which was played on the terrace and inside the restaurant starting in the afternoon until closing time. So there was no chance of sleeping without ear plugs and even then you would hear the sound or the basses. When we talked about this with the kind staff members, they told us that nothing can be done about that since the restaurant is independent from the hotel. If the Betsy could do something about closets and the noise, it would truly be a lovely place.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Featherfox
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I believe it is not necessary to add positive reviews on this hotel since many others already have done and probably will do. As its website says, this hotel was recently renovated so that everything seemed new and cool. The BLT Steak also was reasonably good (trust us! we are from Japan, the origin of Wagyu and Kobe beef).

Several minor points we felt "not good" or "disappointed" are as follows:
-The swimming pool is small and does not face the ocean (like many other small hotels' in South Beach). Also, the water was not heated enough to enjoy swimming in the pool (in fact, I saw no one swimming but myself).
-The ocean-view rooms do not have "generally-expected" ocean views since there is a park and wide beach in front. Also, stayers in such rooms should stand the noise (music) from the hotel lobby until midnight, which might be something for light-sleepers (we had no problem. That was South Beach).
-We should wait no less than five minutes just to enjoy hot water of the shower, which was disappointing for us particularly after swimming in the pool or getting back from the beach on a cool day.
-The hotel is just a few blocks to Espanola Way where many restaurants and bars are found but many blocks away from the most crowded area centered around the Fifth & Ocean Drive.

Overall, we highly recommend this hotel to all who like to enjoy a typical South Beach vacation at a small boutique-like hotel in the Art Deco district.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2009

This was my second trip to the Betsy. I stayed there right after they opened in May 2009.
Each time I was impressed by the friendly and efficient staff. The decor of the hotel and rooms is fantastic! Having BLT Steak as the restaurant in the hotel is wonderful. The food is great!! You can't beat the location of the Betsy...close enough to Collins for nightlife and Lincoln Road for shopping, yet there is a sense of privacy from the bustle of Ocean Drive. I have stayed at other hotels in Miami and by far this is my favorite!!
Would highly recommend...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My husband and I took a short trip to Miami to celebrate my birthday. It was my first time to Miami and I was unsure of where to stay. My husband booked us 2 nights at the Betsy after reading the reviews!! Once again, Trip Advisor did not disappoint. I consider myself a bit of a hotel snob and The Betsy lived up to my expecations. The lobby was beautiful. Our room was clean and well decorated. From the moment we arrived, the service was outstanding. We got there early and was not able to check in right away. The doormen stored our bags for us and allowed us to go back multiple times to retrieve items out of our bags. We had drinks both nights at the hotel bar which were excellent. The location was great and is right across the street from the beach and starbucks.

We heard the hotel was recently renovated and it shows. The decor was amazing.

We also had dinner at Red one night. I would recommend if you are up for an expensive dinner.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Food is great Music plays alittle late in the restaurant . It can be heard all over the hotel. Once the restaurant closes,(around 11:00 PM) the music stops and you'll get a peaceful sleep on very good beds. I understand it's South Beach and all that ,so I suppose the loud music was to be expected. I can't say enough about the restaurant. Everything was very fresh and tasteful. Expect a high price tag all around but it was high quality. Boca Raton,Fl.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This was my second trip to South Beach and I came back due to the excellent service I received at The Besty the first time. This hotel is wonderful and what anyone would expect in a upscale boutique hotel. What impressed me is that everyone rememembered me! There was not one, NOT ONE RUDE PERSON!! The entire staff was so helpful with information how to get to different places in Miami that might be of interest to me. I treated myself to a upgraded room and I was not disappointed!
The only slight problemI I had was the AC in the morning ( a little too cold for me but refreshing in the afternoon).
Another wonderful surprise was the fact that on the presented me with a birthday tart and everyone wished me a Happy Birthday.
The BLT was expensive but you get what you pay for ( I recommend the Kobe Beef Salad).
I can not say how much I appreciated everyone's attention to detail from the Maid Service to the Management.Special Shout to Andrew and Al .
So will I make this a ThreePeat ? You Bet!
Oh one more thing . A new Bar opened the night I was leaving and I am sorry I missed it but the way all the people were buzzing about I am sure it is a success.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo