“Great Location and Excellent Staff”

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #11 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The Betsy is in a great location - near enough to the excitement of South Beach without being in the middle of the masses. The rooms are clean, comfortable and modern. The pool is small, but when the ocean/beach is directly across the street, does that really matter? The staff is friendly and attentive. I highly recommend the hotel, but note that the standard rooms are a bit "cozy" so if you desire more space you should consider an upgrade.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,765)

Reviewed September 12, 2009

It´s my first time that I´ve been in Miami. When I read the guest comments about this hotel I tought that would be a very good hotel. That´s it. It´s a wonderful hotel, very very nice hotel. It´s a hotel when you feel like at home because it´s a quiet place in ocean drive, the people who works at the hotel it´s very elegant and friendly and does your holiday very agreeable. We was in a room pool view king size and the room was very nice, and quite, where you don´t hear the noise from the street, the bath room very clean and elegant. (it´s very happy the TV inside the mirror).

The breakfast in the morning it´s in the restaurant inside the hotel and it´s a good moment to have a very good cafe whit pastry newly made. Everything you eat at the restaurant it´s very good.

In the hotel the staff has selected a very select music. You can be at the lobby listening "Sara" by Fleetwod Mac and it´s a moment that you never forget.

It was a pit to leave the hotel to comme back to Spain. If I comme back to Miami I´m sure that we would return to lodge in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I needed to get away to de-stress. I headed to Miami Beach and stayed at The Betsy Hotel . What a great decision! The Hotel was beautiful . Staff was excellent and well informed. Clean, classy and friendly. Only drawback was the AC was a little intense but I had to remember I was in Florida.

The BLT was a great place to eat if you want to dine and not just grab a quick bite and the Bartenders made great drinks.

This place is aimed at a more mature crowd which is fine with me. I shall be returning in November!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I was VERY pleased with my stay at The Betsy. The hotel was very quaint and elegant. It's in a perfect location. The decor is BEAUTIFUL. The staff was WONDERFUL and very thoughtful. Even prior to making my reservations, the staff was very helpful and professional over the phone. It was my first visit to Miami Beach and they seemed sincere in trying to make sure my stay was enjoyable. They were all aware that I was celebrating my birthday and even had a birthday dessert and card waiting for me in my room upon arrival. A special thanks to Albert, Amanda, Jessica, Madeleine, Nabil, and all the other staff that I met and that assisted me over the phone. You all are very good at what you do.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MidwestTravelorOhio
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My partner and i stayed at the Betsy for four nights in June and thoroughly enjoyed our time. The hotel is perfectly located on Ocean Drive within walking distance to the Lincoln Road area and most of South Beach. It sits at the top of Ocean Drive which is perfect because it is quiet whilst only being a few minutes away from the bars etc.

Our room was upgraded and there was a bottle of Prosecco wating for us which was a nice touch. The problem withe the room was the noise from the air con/boiler, the staff were only too happy to move us and actually showed us three other rooms so it was very well handled. The problem was the noise followed us and it really was quite loud, i used earplugs and my partner who usually sleeps through anything was woken in the night because of the noise.

The staff were excellent and the communal areas have been tastefully restored giving it a luxury beach house feel. The pool is small and there was a lack of service out there but it was still a nice area. The beach is two minutes across the road and you can get sunbeds there included in the price of your stay. Overall a great experience, if they sort the noise out i will return in an instant. The restaurant was very good also.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We only got to stay one night at the Betsy and we wished we could have stayed longer. We booked a Classic Pool View Room. The hotel is modern and very chic. The lobby is decorated in neutrals. The room was terrific, it felt like we were staying as a guest in a fabulous South Miami Beach mansion. The bathroom had a built in TV in the mirror and it was super cool. Everything was immaculate, and the bedding was very comfortable. We ate at BLT Steak and enjoyed it very much. The service was excellent at the hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

This is a unique hotel compared to the other hotels in South Beach. It's not too big, but has all facilities you would expect in a hotel in this range. What makes every hotel stand out is when the staff is good an attentive. And yes, the Betsy has great staff, professional, friendly and attentive. The beach is right across the street with good towel and bed service. The room was not big, but well appointed. And since I like good food, the restaurant did not disappoint me, I had the best sole in years there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple