“A Hidden Gem”

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #17 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Betsy Hotel's restaurant "BLT Steak" recently just won praise as Miami Beach's number one Steak house by a local news paper so my fiancé and I had to visit. Dinner was amazing! Aziz, our server, was nothing but smiles and provided great service.

As we were leaving, the doorman Sean overheard us praising how great the lobby looked and suggested we visit the hotel's rooftop. He mentioned there was a bar up there so we decided to go for a nightcap. What a gorgeous view and cool place! The bartender (Yanna I believe) promptly served us our wine which we enjoyed while looking at the cruise ships in the distance. What a cool addition to a great dinner.

I live here in Miami, but if I were visiting, the Betsy & BLT's were both outstanding

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Betsy - South Beach

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Right in the center of the 'Miami Beach Art Deco district' this wonderful colonial style hotel is located. Right from registration, through check-in to the extraordinary good service we got during the stay was fantastic. One night we were dining on the hotel restrarant 'BLT' - a great experience. Particularilly the meat was great. Everybody were fantastic, however, the guy at the front desk - Chris Joseph - gave us an extraordinary good service when he helped us check-in on our flights out of Miami. The Beach is great and so is the hotel pool.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I did my research for my 2 night stay in Miami before I went on to my proper holiday in NOLA and the Betsy ticked all the boxes.

I was looking for a hotel that would allow me to unwind but be close to the Miami madness if I wanted it; quirky with very attentive staff. The Betsy provided all of this. The room had gorgeous wooden floors; plantation shutters and overlooked the pool. Beautiful bed with very comfortable pillows and plenty of storage room.

One of my favourite features was the book shelf with books that had either been strategically placed or left by previous occupants. Either way - it matched the room perfectly. The bathroom consisted of a a very large walk-in shower and a built in TV in the mirror - a bath would have been nice but the rain shower and layout matched the room.

I ate at the restaurant and it was OK - I know it has won awards or been voted the best somewhere but to me - it was OK. The staff's attentiveness (and cocktails) probably grabbed my attention more!

I would stay there again in a heartbeat - location is great; customer service great and the hotel itself is also great.

I couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Deneshae,

Wow back to you! Thanks for your visit, and for writing about being unable to fault us on service, style, and our dedication to a unique South Beach experience (in a perfect location doesn’t hurt either). Anytime you are coming to Miami Beach - we are here to hopefully exceed your previous experience and garner more love from our Guests!
Best regards,

Jeff Lehman

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Perfect location for a weekend getaway. Not only is this hotel right across from the ocean but its close to nearby restaurants and nightlife. From the moment me and my husband walked into the hotel we were impressed. From checking in to having drinks on the roof everything was perfect. The staff was very attentive, fun and seemed very genuine in making sure our stay was enjoyable, from the girl at the front desk (sorry I don't remember her name)to the bartender on the roof (i think his name was Johnson not sure if that his first or last name). I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice hotel, let down by pool area and breakfast.
The pool area was dingy and uninviting and the breakfast included in the room rate was poor and delivered by staff that generally didn't engage with the customers.
The BLT restaurant was over-priced and to be honest we've had better steaks from Costco.
The roof terrace was great and the two staff we encountered there were awesome as were the bell staff.
My wife was charged over $12 for two regular coffees to go one morning - apparently inclusive breakfast doesn't include coffee to take back to the room. We were promised a refund but it didn't happen. She went to Starbucks over the road after that (and saved a fortune).
4 nights in a pool view room and just over $3300 did not represent good value - we can stay at The Savoy in London and include a meal in the Grill for a little less in August!

Room Tip: The shower flooded the bathroom every time it was used!
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Betsy is small enough for most of the staff to know you by name. The location is at the centre of the Art Deco strip without the hustle & bustle. It's also a stone throw from the chic larger hotels like National, Delano, SLS and W.

Service is tip top & enjoy their toiletries which has a "rum" and peppermint flavor.

Room Tip: The room is in a stately white which gives a clean feel. We had the room 220 which was overlooking...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Perfect position, excellent food in BLT,
frendly staff. I like these little things in the bathroom like pepermint shampoo, body losion and others... Nice small pool with comfortable chairs.
Beautifull roof terace.