“Weird bugs when uncovering my the blanket”

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #17 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Came back late, took a shower and wanted to sleep asap. When I pulled the blanket I saw a weird bug moving... spoke to the reception guy, got another room. After I came back to get my stuff I pulled the pillow to check if I forgot something and I saw 2 more.... very disgusting and unpleasant, especially at 1am.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Krn K
There are newer reviews for The Betsy - South Beach

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Always a pleasure to be staying at The Betsy, our third time at the hotel and the quality of the staff continues to impress, the location and ambience is exquisite and the food at BLT is of the highest standard, if a little expensive.
The management might need to take a look at themselves, the rooms are adequate, the bed linen old and the decor is somewhat tired. Nothing more than a maintenance issue, but only if the management are aware!?
As a current resident I find the bar management equally perplexing, the music tonight was so loud that nobody in the bar could hear themselves think! Most guests vacated the bar despite the valiant efforts of the barman, but then to top things off, no sooner had the music stopped then they shut at the bar at 1045 with a restaurant still full of guests!
I have retired to my room with a glass of cold red wine courtesy of a refrigerated mini bar!! No Jazz!!!!

2  Thank Steven M
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Steven M.,

Thank you for your recent visit, and your review. While "good staff" is usually the result of "good management", I appreciate your comments and am looking further into them. We go to great lengths and expense to constantly replace and upgrade everything in the hotel, from linens to umbrellas, so that all of Guests feel as though they are walking into a brand new experience. We seem to have dropped the ball a bit on your last visit, and I would be happy to get more details from you before your next trip. This will allow me to guarantee that your visit meets or exceeds your expectations - and that is our goal, every time!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

As I am sitting on the porch in front of the hotel waiting to be picked up, sad that our short mini vacation is over with I couldn't wait to write a review. From the time I emailed to inquiry about the hotel (thanks Josh) to this very moment, the service has been outstanding. The room was awesome!! (Again thanks Josh). My husband and I were treated so good. I really can't say enough good things. Thanks to everyone at The Betsy for everything. The area on the beach was actually calm and even quiet!! If you want a great hotel, with great service and a great location, this is the place!! I can't wait to come back again

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

There were 3 girls in our stay and we went the weekend of the 16th. We were celebrating one of the girls fought brest cancer and has been in remission for a year.

We arrived early and our room wasnt ready yet so they said they would contact us as soon as it was and hold our luggage in the meantime. We ventured out for some lunch and so some people watching. They called me about 3pm to say the room was ready and we went back to the hotel at that time. The room was big enough for 3 people - the only complaint we had was that everything in the room was geared towards 2 guests (even though we checked in with 3) so we had to call down stairs for an extra coffee cup and towels, etc- My only complaint is that they charged us for the extra beach chair which I didnt think was right seeing the price you pay for the room. But your in South Beach so expect to pay for everything.

The room was clean and overlooked the pool which was a nice view. The hotel is located at the end of the strip which makes it quiet at night and enjoyable. That was a main concern of mine. The hotel is accross from a Starbucks which is nice and a small gift shop.

The staff was very helpful and friendly and always offering bottled water which is nice. Plus they have Lemon/lime water out near the pool for all their guests and complimentary coffee near the bar area. Nice touch.. I also loved the Sunrise roof top yoga offered- that made my trip....

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and definitely look forward to revisiting them again.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice and quiet. But ask for an Ocean View, it would be spectacular -
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Leslie S.,

First and foremost, congratulations on your friend’s remission. That is a big deal! I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. I also feel that the charge for the beach for the 3rd person is a mistake - if you book in for 3 people, the price is for 3 people. Please give me a call and allow me to rectify that. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our three day stay at the Betsy was flawless from check in to check out. The staff was extremely professional, friendly and accommodating. The rooms were charming, and the blt restaurant, which was conveniently located in the lobby of the hotel, was a great plus. The roof deck has a beautiful view of the ocean and is a little hidden gem. The boutique hotel was small enough for every corner to have a personal touch. The pool is nicely tucked away in between the buildings, it was a great place to escape the heat. Thanks to the great staff for a lovely birthday getaway.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kateryna P,

Thank you for your recent visit with us, and taking the time to write your review. When I read words like "perfect, flawless, professional and friendly” (and there were more!), I know that we have made a Guest for life. Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope to meet you the next time that you come down!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was a great one night stay venue. It has a fantastic location on South Beach and is a beautiful hotel with charm, style and delightful staff. The rooms are small but really stylish and have great character. The rooftop deck is a wonderful and offers a fantastic view over to the ocean. Allan the bellman was very helpful and we highly recommend Paul the Concierge for all the assistance he provided. The lobby bar was great looking and really busy in the early evening. The pool is small, but you're probably not in South Beach or staying at The Betsy to sit at the pool anyway.

Would we stay more than one night? Probably not.

We didn't know that some rooms have a view of the sidestreet/alley. Had we known that we'd have requested a different view before we confirmed our reservation. While it didn't end up being noisy or a major problem during our stay, it was really disappointing to open the shutters and look down at a run down side street, see lots of pedestrian traffic, hear the candid conversations they were having and see the sad accommodations across the side street. We didn't, and you wouldn't want to, pay the rates that The Betsy charges for their rooms while having such a disappointing view.

Room Tip: Be warned that many rooms face the sidestreet/alley...that may not be the view you want.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I spent last weekend at The Betsy to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary and it was perfect in every way. We loved the rooftop deck and spent a great deal of time reading, eating and relaxing there with the spectacular view of the ocean and South Beach. The food is extraordinary (quality over quantity)--from the exotic, perfectly ripe fruit bowl at breakfast to the best cuban sandwich at lunch. The service is excellent. The concierge made recommendations for dinner Friday and Saturday night and we were extremely pleased with both restaurants. And, the rooms were clean, cozy and comfortable.

Loved this hotel and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: any room is good.