Just returned home from 8 nights at the Betsy, our first stay at the South Beach. We chose it after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor and after taking a look at the hotel's web site. We were not disappointed and had a wonderful and restful stay as the hotel is in a perfect location to walk in the morning, hit the beach in the afternoon and the restaurants in the evening. You can turn right out of the hotel and walk along the beach to South Pointe or left and along the board walk or to Lincoln Road and Collins were the restaurants are plentiful.
We had 2 dinners at the BLT, brunch and a couple of breakfasts and the food was good quality and good value. The steaks here are very good and tasty and well worth a try.
We knew most of the restaurants that we wanted to eat at but Margot (Concierge) suggested a couple not on the list which were fantastic picks and she arranged all reservations as it was very busy. We chose restaurants within walking distance and ate at, Pied a Terre, Ola, The Meat Market, Spiga, Osteria and the Fez. Not one bad meal amongst them and I have reviewed them separately if you want to take a look.
So why not excellent?
1) Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (just after the 4pm check in time) and whilst we were offered an alternative which we didn't want, and they did get us in within an hour. This is not what you expect paying these prices and having been travelling for 15 hours. Also, getting an extra couple of hours to check out when we left was a bit of a struggle but they agreed once I pointed this out.
2) The roof garden is a great place to relax, a real positive for this hotel but on 2 nights we couldn't use it because private parties had a booking. Again, disappointing when the rooms are small with no balcony etc.
3) I've mentioned the help we got from Margot, Thomas and Sean who helped with the luggage and were very friendly. Some of the other service was inconsistent and working on this would make the place perfect.
Overall, we would definitely recommend and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Betsy – South Beach is Travel and Leisure’s Top Rated Resort Hotel on Miami Beach (2017), the only Forbes Four Star and AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel on Miami and Miami Beach, and one of only three Florida hotels to be awarded the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List Award. Having recently completed an expansion, The Betsy now offers 130 guest accommodations across the existing Colonial and new Art Deco wings, with a variety of room types and suites, including a Skyline Penthouse. An elegant, beach-side haven located on historic Ocean Drive, The Betsy’s relaxed tropical interiors create an aura that is passionately low-key and cocoon guests in timeless luxury. Incredible service, exquisite amenities, world-class cuisine, and a unique presence for arts and culture, invite travelers to relax, refresh and renew. The Betsy’s Ocean Decks are expansive with sweeping views of Miami and the Atlantic, offering a Rooftop Pool, Wellness Garden with a full range of spa treatments and sunrise yoga. Other amenities include private beach service, 24-hour Fitness Center, Lobby and Pool Bars, Property and Room Libraries, and a Conservatory with an Espresso Bar. Thoughtfully designed public spaces welcome guests to lounge and enjoy cultural programming year-round which includes Live Jazz and curated property-wide playlists. Known as a hotel with a heart, The Betsy’s unique hospitality model champions the power of community through its dedicated PACE (Philanthropy, Arts, Culture, Education) program by weaving those brand pillars into the guest experience through the sights and sounds of art, music and literature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Betsy - South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Betsy Hotel Miami Beach