The Betsy - South Beach
$299
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$201
$168
Kimpton
$498
$369
$429
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$261
$230
Priceline
2,896 results
All reviewsbltpopoversrolling stonesocean drivetv in the mirrorcolonial stylesouth beachrooftop deckboutique hotelboucher brothersart decobeautiful hotelpool viewturn down servicelobby barsmall hotelpeople watching
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am going to keep this short and sweet, as I could go on for hours about this hotel.

Elegant and sophisticated with a historic feel....

The position on south beach is great, as the beach is just across the road. Plus you have starbucks and some small shop just across the road...

Rooms are a good size with everything you need.

And finally the staff, well what can I say. Although the hotel does have a sophisticated feel, you always feel welcome and the staff cannot do enough for you. I was my partner birthday and they kindly placed a chocolate desert from their restaurant in our room saying happy birthday on it, which was a lovely thought.

I have stayed in some other lovely hotels in MIami including the epic, however this wins hands down.

Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms add that little bit extra
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear ALISTER2,

Please feel free to go on and on! Our best business comes from referrals made by those who have experienced what we do - I'm happy to include you in that list now! Please let me know whenever you are returning to Miami Beach - we are more than happy to return the favor!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel caught my eye because of the beautiful pictures and tripadvisor reviews. I am going to start with the positives.

The positives and in my opinion what keeps this hotel alive is Ocean Drive! Wow its beautiful! Having the beach just steps away is amazing. The Betsy is also a beautiful looking colonial style hotel which there are not many of in South Beach. BLT Steak is amazing a must for anyone. Last but not least Starbucks across the street a huge plus for coffee people!

The negatives. For the rate I was surprised upon entering the room. It was small and dusty. My view was looking at the back alley which in the morning was a nightmare trying to get rest. The bathroom was small. No bathtub No Space the only good thing was a built in TV in the mirror but I don't plan on watching tv while I am in the bathroom. No closet space for my clothes. To sum it up very very small. You can also hear every little noise through the walls from workers to your neighbors above and next to you.

Pretty much not worth the rate for this hotel. Maybe when the rates go down I will give it another try in a different section of the hotel because it does look beautiful. Overall disappointed

Room Tip: Do not go to the back alley of the hotel. Its worth it when its not busy season.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank lifevalues
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear lifevalues,

Thank you for your recent visit with us, and for taking the time to write your review. While it is true that our prices are high over New Year's, they are in fact in good balance with our competition. During the year, our prices do vary, based on demand and what the market is dictating. It is not unlike airline seats, in comcept, although the overall experience, regardless of the rate or size of the room or suite, is focused on your comfort and luxury. I hope you had time on your visit to visit our spectacular roof deck, or appreciate the artwork that fills are lobby, hallways and other public areas! I am happy to read that you were able to enjoy BLT during your visit.
I would be happy to work on a future reservation for you - perhaps finding a way for you to experience one of our larger suites, of which they are many. It would of course be our honor to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Every aspect of our stay at the Betsy Hotel during our December 2013 vacation surpassed our expectations!

We were very much looking forward to our first visit to South Beach Miami and the decision to stay at the Betsy Hotel was the perfect choice. The hotel provided the atmosphere, the amenities and first class service we wanted to experience in South Beach.

Great location to both beach and the attractions of Collins Avenue.

Special recognition to the follow Betsy Staff who made our stay there very special:
- Margot and Paul of the Concierge Services who provided excellent dinning (Ceconni, Monty's and BLT) and site seeing recommendations (the Miami Heat game was a wonderful addition to our vacation itinerary- awesome seats!). Both a pleasure to work with.
- Kevin Christopher of the Front Desk who was attentive and welcoming each and every time we met
- Aziz of BLT whose knowledge and professionalism made dining at BLT enjoyable and rewarding
- and Ed, Management who made a day trip to the Keys a wonderful reality!

We have incredible memories of our first trip to SOBE and we look forward to our return.
The BETSY Hotel delivers on every award they have achieved on being a first class, top class hotel. Simply amazing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M S

Dear M S,

Thank you for your visit and your review! It is true, the key to our success is our staff, and I was happy to read how you were able to acknowledge so many of them. I hope to meet you on your next visit - you need look no further than the Betsy for creating wonderful memories of yoru time in South Beach!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

we traveled with a person with disability -there was no accessible entry in front of the building and had to request assistance from a staff to enter from the back, the mini elevator was barely able to hold the wheelchair and 1 passenger, so-called accessible room was very difficult to maneuver through (but the bathroom had been adapted and was acceptable). Our assigned room was in the back of the building and we were woken to the sound of the trash pickup truck.

However, we must confess that it is a beautiful hotel, close to the beach and within walking distance to many interesting sites.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 1941Hoosier
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear 1941Hoosier,

Thank you for your recent visit, and for taking the time to write your review. I'm happy to read that your stay was overall enjoyable. We will certainly look into your comment about the possible improvements to maneuvering with a wheelchair in the hotel; some of those restrictions were the result of historic guidelines that were adhered to in our renovation in 2009. While our current elevator does meet ADA guidelines of course, we have already begun the process of sourcing a location for an additional, over-conforming elevator which we anticiapte being installed in the upcoming year or so. We look forward to welcoming you back to see all of our improvements - all of our Guests matter deeply to us!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We arrived for the Christmas holiday and it was extremely busy, crowded and noisy. The room was expensive and nothing fancy and certainly we felt not worth the amount we paid which was about $1200/night. Very modern and minimalist room without a bathtub which is important. No view from anywhere other than an alley. We felt South Beach was not our cup of tea and decided to depart earlier than we had planned. The staff at the hotel was excellent and very accommodating and friendly. Perhaps it needs another opportunity but we felt we could have done better at the Four Seasons at almost half the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view and try for a bathtub in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken M

Dear Ken M.,

Thank you for your recent visit over the holidays. South Beach can be pretty intense at times, and many find the Betsy a peaceful oasis in the heart of all the excitement. While we do not have rooms with bathtubs, we do have a substantial variety of bathroom sizes, some with double sinks, sitting areas, and a variety of higher end amenities. Hopefully on your next visit I can steer you towards one of those, as well as a peaceful Pool View, some amazingly tranquil accomodations! I look forward to eharing from you the next time your plans are bringing you to Miami Beach!

Best regards,