“It's all about Paul” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“It's all about Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A hotel's concierge can make or break your hotel so wow well done the Betsy for having Paul...a perfect advertisement for what a seriously good concierge can bring to your reputation. The Betsy is a gorgeous hotel, and, in the main, fabulous staff. If you sleep light, make sure you do you not have a front facing room, or, a room outside of the lift (sorry, elevator) - people having a great time is a joy to behold but not necessarily to hear... Despite the noise, room was intimate and creative, loved the books and the bathroom and was obviously beautifully thought out....those little touches mean so very much. Breakfast was fine....did not have dinner because was very popular and booked to capacity - maybe next time.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thomasina W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my third stay at The Betsy. The service, staff and food and drink continue to be exceptional. The rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The Housekeeping staff is so friendly and accommodating. The restaurant, BLT Steak, provides excellent food and service to match. My personal favorite is the Lobby Bar. Kedar and Dave made sure my wine glass was full, and my dinners were exactly as ordered. Orfelina, from the waitstaff, took time to chatter with me during her busy shift. With a perfect location to match, this is your place in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: It's a little more expensive but I would select an Ocean View Room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank c v
Sunderland, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

What a stay...The hotel is amazing and the staff and manager should be so proud. We stayed for 15 nights (which I know it isn't the norm) but we never was bored.

We spent many long hours on the roof terrace or on the beach where we always looked after.

The food was amazing and would recommend you try it once at least...

Thank you betsy for our most memorable holiday...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott C
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

First visit to Miami beach, we will be back, the Betsy was a holiday within our main holiday in Orlando, what a superb hotel, fantastic staff, Adman who checked us in, is a top man, as were all other staff, special mention to the cleaners, well done mam. Hotel facilites superb, certainliy the hype is true, go see for yourself, Great loaction across from the beach, great service and room delighful, great restaurant. Situated in great spot on Ocean Drive, my adult kids loved it, a perfect trip, will be talking about this visit for years.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CHERRYGARDENSTREET
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is too famous for its own good. Our stay was supposed to be the highlight of our trip, but instead we were sadly disappointed. Our room was not ready when we came and we got no call, as promised, telling us when it was ready. The room was supposed to be with an ocean view, but at best you could get a glimpse of the ocean. It was also very noisy at night. On top of this, the staff in the reastaurant were the least service minded I have ever encountered in the US. At dinner, when I ordered a glass of wine, I didn't get to taste it nor did anyone explain to me what I was drinking. At breakfast, no one informed us that certain things were included in the price (the not very generous offer of two items, such as a muffin and a bowl of fruit) but that other things could be ordered. Finally, my visit to the spa ended in disaster (avoid doing your nails there), but they were kind enough not to charge me when I complained. I still believe that this hotel could be a nice experience, but that requires a change of attitude among the staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Ann_Britt_10
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Ann Britt 10,

I was so sorry to read your comments about your stay. So many of our Guests comment positively on our staff, our service, and our ratings on our roof top spa are also top notch. I regret that the Betsy did not meet your expectations. We make every effort to not only provide the best, but to deeply analyze the situation on the rare occasion where one feels we have come up short. We will do that with your stay, and I sincerely appreciate your comments. Your comment card, which was received only yesterday, was also slated for a direct response from our Director of Operations. Hopefully there, we will be able to get to the bottom of this very unusal experience, and hopefully bring you back and make you a customer for life!

Jeff Lehman
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. It has grace and elegance, lovely appointments (loved the toiletries), and the location was perfect. We travelled in January in the middle of the Art Deco festival, and there was live jazz in the bar area every night - fantastic. We only stayed 2 nights - I made the mistake of succumbing to family pressure to cut short our stay in order to do the Disney thing. I so wish I'd stayed in South Beach.

Make sure you get a steak at BLT - they are fantastic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Betsy is not only very well located within a walking distance of many great places in SoBe but also provides the kind of experienc when I travel . It is not too big and feels like home. The staff is great. My main concern was about noise and I was very happy to discover that my room was totaly calm. I only regret that I did not try the spa that is located on the deck. I also liked the option to have the beach or lounge on the terasse. I will definitaly come back for my next stay.

Room Tip: My room 232 was very quiet overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo