“The place made our honeymoon more unforgetable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Betsy - South Beach

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #6 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Budapest, Hungary
“The place made our honeymoon more unforgetable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Betsy Hotel was our honeymoon's first and best place, the following big name big hotels in Orlando and New York cannot be even mentioned in one day with the Betsy hotel, it was so much more better then them. We highly recommend it to every visitor, the kindness of the staff, the beautiful rooms, the wiew from the rooftop, the comfortable bed and every other thing... Everything was just perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank I_Miskolc
, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Imre,

Thank you for your review of the Betsy! Honeymoons are our specialty - it is just such a romantic setting: The Roof Deck under the stars on a moonlit night with Miami Beach spread in front of you. Next visit (for your anniverary!) be sure to try the Massage Under the Stars at our Rooftop Spa - a couple's massage is such a great way to end (or start) the evening!

Best Wishes,

Jeff Lehman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I won this trip so I took advantage of this site to read other's reviews. The concierge contacted me via email prior to arriving and asked what she could help me with before arriving. I responded via email with my concerns (as written by other reviewers) and asked that they be addressed prior to our arrival. Unfortunately, the concierge did not respond prior to our arrival, so I printed out my email and took it with me.

Upon check-in, I addressed this issue immediately with the front desk clerk. He asked to see the email that I brought along with me and he took the time to read it, address all of my concerns, and offered to change my room to an oceanfront view at no extra charge to me. Now, thats what I call great customer service!

The room was modern, beautiful, clean, comfortable, with a fabulous view of the ocean. It is within walking distance of many restaurants, too. We chose to dine at their restaurant, BLT Steak. I cannot say enough about the excellent service and fabulous meal. Our waiter, Eli, was very polite, attentive, and knowlegeable of the menu. By far, I ate the best filet I have ever eaten.

The valets were equally hospitable and seemed genuinely happy to see you and assist you with your luggage and car. The valet, Christopher, who brought our luggage to our room even went as far as to tell us of the many amenities the hotel offered and suggested that we visit the rooftop lounge area. We did, and it was amazing with its view of the ocean and relaxing sofas.

My lesson learned...and my advice to all travelers - check the reviews posted here on any hotel you choose to stay at, then address those concerns, in writing, to the hotel prior to arriving. I am sure that they will want to give you the best experience they can if they are aware of your concerns prior to arrival.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room. If not, you will get a room that faces the delivery alley's and be a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

It's a great hotel right across from the beach, they make you feel very welcome. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very sweet boutique hotel at Ocean Drive with the beach right accross the steet. Pefect setting and location in the center of south beach with everything in walking distance. The walet parking service is great, but not cheap ( but as everywere in Miami Beach).Traveling as a family with 3, we had a 1-bedroom suite which was great for us at a good rate, however the sofa-bed was ok, but not brilliant. Amazing great staff everywere in the hotel, wonderfull, very helpful, very friendly. Great athmosphere in the hotel, that makes you very much feel at home. We would definetely come back to this hotel next time in Miami beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marellen
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Betsy Hotel for three nights at the end of May begin of June. If you are looking for a smaller boutique hotel then this is definately the nicest hotel I came across, in terms of high end and luxurious rooms, the staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Though like everything in Southbeach the hotel is not cheap, a glass of wine at the bar was $15 and you pay a resort fee on top of the price of the hotel.

The downside of this hotel is that although it is located in south beach I didn't find Ocean Drive to be particularly nice and the outlook from the hotel wasn't great, it overlooks the sidewalk, this I found quite disappointing. The only view from the beach I guess would be at the top floor of this hotel.

The room we were given was lovely but our only negative point was that the view from our window was of a narrow backstreet.

If you are looking for value for money then I'm afraid I felt this place did not deliver, although nice I have stayed in far nicer places for far less and wouldn't be in a rush to return to this part of Florida or this hotel.

We also stayed in the Edgewater Hotel about ten yards away for one night on our return journey and we both felt this offered much better value for money, the rooms were clean tidy, the resort fee included breakfast, staff just as friendly as in the Betsy but at a lower cost.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank carolineMC
Dear CarolineMC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Actually half of our rooms face our Courtyard Pool, with a quiet serene pool view - and of course, our Oceanfront Rooms and Suites are also quite nice and are only on our 2nd and third floors. Please let us know if you are coming back to South Beach, as our repeat Guests always have 1st priority with upgrades and we will see if we can't make you a lifetime Betsy fan!

Best regards,

Jeff Lehman
Kent. Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel was a great find,
Situated between the deco district and the high rise apartment and hotels. It quite location opposite the park and beach, near the shops and Starbucks!
We could walk anywhere or cycle (hire bikes opposite)
The hotel was small boutique, colonial in style, very helpfully staff.
We did not use the pool as sun loungers, umbrellas and towels were provided for the guests on the beach opposite which was quiet compared to the rest of the beach area.
The BLT Resturant was fantastic, don't bother ordering a starter, as giant popovers ( a cross between a yorkshire pud and a brioche) were given. steak very good. Never made it to desserts!!
The roof top terrace was great to have a drink and watch the sun go down.
I would definatly go again, I did my home work and did find a company that offered a good price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo60max
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This very charming hotel exceeded my expectations with the most accommodating and thoughtful staff. The Betsy has the expected historical South Beach architecture with a style that is casually elegant and tasteful. The location is perfect, situated right across the street from the beach. The staff was very attentive. They sent me a beautiful dessert for my birthday, provided me an umbrella for the rain, granted me a late check out; among other things. The rooms are comfortably chic and simple with all of the comforts necessary for a holiday, thoughtfully stocked mini bar and pantry, as well as wonderful toiletries. Lastly, I had a most memorable lunch a BLT Steak, located inside the hotel. Thank you to The Besty. I promise to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo