“Good food in a nice setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A La Folie

A La Folie
Ranked #10 of 55 Dessert in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Millwood, NY
“Good food in a nice setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We came here for an evening snack on a nice day. The location is at the end of the Espanola Way shopping and dining area so it is quiet yet pretty. We sat outdoors. The menu consists of salads, sandwiches and both sweet and savory crepes as well as an assortment of drinks. I had the crepe filled with bananas and Nutella and my son had the crepe filled with melted dark chocolate. The crepes were well presented but most of all were very tasty! They were also a decent size and filling. I also had the cafe au lait in a "bowl" which was literally served in a cup the size of a bowl and was quite good.

Staff was attentive and the prices were reasonable.

• Visited March 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“It's a French thing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Lovely crepes, both savoury and sweet but of course the French staff are not exactly bending over backwards to be helpful, service is not known to be a French thing. But I cannot fault the food which is lovely as long as you are not in a hurry to get served!

Visited March 2013
“It was a surprise to find this gem tucked away on Espanola”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This location was selected for a business dinner for 10+. Initially I was skeptical that this small french restaurant could handle our party. It turned out amazing. Specializing in crepes is how I would view the menu but the surprises were many.... good wine selection, attentive service with a european approach (read, "why do you people bother me, just order"). I appreciated the casualness of the restaurant, felt like a locals place to be. Owner was focused on what matters the food. Desserts were excellent and the wine flowed. It was ideal for our business group. Would like to go again on a date....

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank FloridaScamp
Rochester, NY
“A Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

After fighting the crowds and attempting to ignore the menu hawkers on Ocean Drive, my husband and I were more than pleased to find this cozy little place tucked away on a quieter part of Espanola Way. We looked at a menu before being seated, and were a bit skeptical because the prices were significantly lower than most of the nearby places we'd visited so far on our vacation (making us wonder if there must be something wrong with the place). But, we chanced it, and were SO glad we did .... the prices might have been half as much, but the food quality -- and the service -- were twice as good! The menu was large and varied, with many unique dishes; I would have liked to have tried so many different things that I had trouble deciding what to order. But, fortunately, our server was very friendly and when we asked questions about the menu selections, she took the time to offer insight into the various offerings. As it were, after finishing our dinners, we ended up ordering an appetizer and another glass of wine, just because the main course had been so amazing that we just had to try another type of dish, and also because the atmosphere was so pleasant and refreshing (as compared to the loud, wild, pushy vibe at so many other venues). Although it was getting late and most of the other customers were heading home (or to the bars), the staff at A La Folie did not rush us in the least. If we'd been able to stay in Miami another day, we definitely would have revisited -- we would loved to have tried their breakfast!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Enfys15
chicago
“Best croissants this side of Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was in South Beach Miami for a week. By day 3 I had eaten 5 times at La Folie. On European-trendy Espanola Way (a pretty pedestrian street lined with outdoor restaurants) A La Folie has outdoor tables with umbrellas and a cute side patio with outdoor couches. GREAT croissants, GREAT coffee, as well as salads, crepes, quiches. Very friendly staff. Oh, also great freshly squeeze o.j. Went there every single day, at times twice.

Visited January 2013