My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mondrian Labor day weekend. The staff was very friendly and everyone seemed very interested in making us feel welcome.
The hotel is located on Bay side vs the ocean side. It is much more quiet and serene than the hotels on the ocean side. We are in our late 40's and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of the Mondrian. The Ocean side hotels are more for the younger crowd - lots of music and partying. It was fun to people watch on the Ocean side of South Beach, but it was nice to get back to the quiet of the bay side.
A Whole Foods store is just a 5 minute walk away so it was nice to be able to have some healthy choices for snacks/breakfast. We didn't dine at teh Mondrain or take in the pool area, although it looked like a fun place to hang out.
The room (we had a suite) was spacious and everything was spotless. Nice TV, Ipod dock (wish I had know about that!), microwave, small fridge. Bed was REALLY comfortable - only complaint is the bed only had a comforter - no sheet ... so sometimes it was too hot having a comforter on and wish we had a sheet to cover ourselves. The room had no problem cooling off in pretty hot and humid conditions.
The beach is about a 15 - 20 minute walk. We always felt safe on the streets although the walk to the ocean (about a 10 block walk) was a bit more littered than I expected.
We had a great weekend staying at the Mondrian - and if we come back to South Beach we will stay there for sure!!!! The staff was EXCELLENT! Great job to the management for how they run this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach