I had been to this hotel just for drinks and to hang by the pool in March and loved it - hence my boyfriend booked us a weekend here for my birthday and it did not let us down. We checked in early and even though our room wasn't ready, we were able to change, reserve some pool chairs and enjoy breakfast - by the time we finished, the room was ready.
Room - Gorgeous. Everything about it is very much my taste. Love the interior design, furniture and space. The shower was great, towels were so soft and the bed was very comfortable. We booked a garden veiw and ended up on the 15th floor with a veiw of the Ocean! Maybe luck of the draw but so nice to wake up to in the morning.
Pool - Waitresses and attendants are so helpful. No matter what we needed, they were there to get it done and with a smile. The Sunday pool party gets a little crowded toward the late afternoon since it is open to the public (which the do control with a guest list I believe).
Food - the Sunset Lounge menu at the pool is very good - a little pricey but it's what you would expect at any upscale hotel. For breakfast they have a buffet and a la carte option but I would suggest wandering over to Lincoln Rd and finding a place to eat to get out.
Location - I was very happy to be away from Collins Avenue and Ocean Avenue and the tourist hustle and bustle and makes for a more serene expereince I think. The Mondrian is close enough to walk to Lincoln Rd but you should take a cab to other side of the beach for anything else.
I will definitely be back to this hotel. Thank you to everyone who made our stay a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelPower, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach