My family and I recently had an extended vacation at the Mondrian and we had a wonderful time because of the great staff.
We spent pretty much all day, every day hanging out at the pool. The pool area is beautiful and we really enjoyed lounging in the chairs that overlook both the pool and they bay. David and Eddie remembered us from day one and were always sure to get us set up in our favorite spot. They greeted us warmly every morning and checked on us throughout the day. And Bruno was always around smiling, greeting guests and making sure all was shipshape.
And of course if there's a pool bar, you can find me there. And why not? The 2 main bartenders, Alex and Olya are excellent company and take fantastic care of all their guests. I have a lot of fond memories of just sitting at the bar with Olya. She's a superstar who really made my vacation (which was during a stressful time for me) wonderful. When I was too lazy to go to the bar and ordered lunch or drinks to my chairs, the waitstaff were all quick to help and very friendly.
The guys at the front door always greeted us kindly when we came and went and were quick to hail cabs for us as well. It was nice to come back from Starbucks every morning to be greeted with a "welcome back."
I'd recently been to a few other hotels where it was clear that the staff was unhappy with their job and it showed. At the Mondrian, it was just the opposite. During my trip I heard 4 staff members say out loud that they loved their job. I thought that spoke a lot to the hotel and the management. I can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach