My boyfriend and I just had the pleasure of staying at the Mondrian South Beach on Sunday evening, October 20. We booked the room on Priceline and were so happy with our win. The decor, rooms, lobby, restaurants, pool, and views were just amazing. The staff was incredibly friendly (as I was worried from the pretentious reviews that this would not be the case!). We were only on the 5th floor with a "sea view" and no balcony so being on the west side of South Beach, we did not really have much of a view at all.
The bed in the room was very small (just a double), but the room itself was very large with a nice size bathroom, kitchenette, and great sized refrigerator AND microwave! The bed was comfortable spite its size. I believe we just had the smallest cheapest option of rooms with no balcony.
The atmosphere at the pool during Monday morning was rather pretentious with skinny model types walking around with their 6 inch stilettos, Chanel purses, drinking Champagne in the pool, and screaming for attention and pampering. I am more of the down to earth realist type, but I still felt fine and comfortable in my flip flops and simple cover up without a full face of makeup and hair done. However, spite the clientele around the pool, the staff were all so friendly and accommodating, even when just switching our towels to different chairs for us... not what I am used to when dealing with High Class South Beach hotels. I felt welcomed and comfortable. Of course there were 2 couples that did have to bring their children and it really killed the ambiance of the classy swanky feel with obnoxious 4-year-olds splashing in the shallow pool and screaming and running on the chairs. Leave your children at home please.
The location was absolutely amazing too. Located right on 11th Street and West Ave, it was just an $8 (with tip) taxi ride straight across and down to Prime 112/Nikki Beach. Straight across 11th street to A1A was only $5. Although I would not walk the entire way at night, it would definitely be a nice 25 minute walk during the day. It was nice being on the west side of South Beach away from all the touristy hustle and bustle.
The most amazing part of the service of the hotel was when my boyfriend had realized way too late that he lost his license and left it at the hotel in South Beach when we were already back at my condo in Plantation and catching a flight out of Ft Lauderdale airport in just 2 hours. The security at the Mondrian managed to find his license and arrange for a taxi to drive the license all the way from South Beach to the FLL airport. He was very lucky and the service we dealt with at Mondrian during this issue could not have been nicer and more helpful!! Thank you!
We both have already agreed to try to return in December to experience the infamous Saturday nights at the Pool and hopefully get a higher floor with a Bay View this time! It was absolutely AMAZING!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach