“A very different hotel setting”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #40 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel deco is all white and clean. The service is good and people are nice. The room is extremely neat and clean, although there is this fragrance smell that some people might not get used to when first entering the room. The only down side of this hotel is it's breakfast, well at least to men, because it has no hot food like egg, bacon, etc., but only has bread, cakes, fruits, oats, which all are very healthy and good for hangover though. Pretty good overall in a nutshell.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy700311
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this review. We are glad you enjoyed our service and room product. We just wish to clarify that one may order from the menu for breakfast is he or she desires hot items; but most find, as did you, that our continental buffet is nicely apportioned.

Ellis

Write a ReviewReviews (3,926)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Mondrain blew us away on first impressions, everything is very elegant, from the lobby, to the elevators, to the guest rooms. There are alot of chandlers, even in your shower, and stylish white furniture.

We were very pleased with our room, it was beautifully decorated, quite spacious and had a fantastic view of the pool.

Be aware that there is a charge to access wifi from rooms, but it is free in the lobby and by the pool (which is a great place to hang out!! The pool area is FANTASTIC, it looks exactly like its pictures! There is also a bar and you can order form the reasonable roomservice menu as well). The hotel does a good continental breakfast as well but does not do dinner, but there a few restaurants a short walk away, like Oliver's Bistro. It is also a bit of a walk to the beach, 15-20 minutes I think, which doesn't sound far but in the Miami heat it can seem a lot further!

The service here was great, the staff are mostly very attentive and genuinely friendly which we found very pleasant as Miami, and Florida in general, does not seem to have the same high level of customer service as the west coast of America. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: An upper level room with a pool view is worth the money- but be aware not all of these rooms have ba...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toowoomba_12
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted you found our staff to be friendly and attentive and are glad you enjoyed your accommodations as well. We are grateful for your recommendation and hope you will join us again when you are next in Miami.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Mondrian is a sleek, modern design hotel where the beautiful people that one envisions being in South Beach fit in perfectly. But, luckily, the staff was incredibly kind and accommodating, which made our group of normal people feel incredibly comfortable at the hotel and lounging by the pool.

The poolside drink and food options were tasty and priced as you would expect for poolside service. The room was spacious and well designed. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this review. We are glad our friendly staff helped to make you and your group feel comfortable while you enjoyed our setting. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent one night at the Mondrian. I had a studio room with a balcony view of the bay. The room was smartly designed, clean, and had a cute kitchenette. I love the modern South Beach look. Even a chandelier in entrance area. The shower had gorgeous tile with a mirrored wall.

I really came for the swank pool. The trendy red sofa and chairs, the lovely view of the bay, and the perfect music make it an ideal lounge experience.

The staff was very friendly and ready to please.

I scored a special rate with Jet Luxury thru Travelzoo. The rooms are otherwise really expensive! The overnight parking rate - shameless at $37. If you also get a Jet Luxury special, make sure they give you the Internet code before you arrive. If I get another special and return I will scout for street parking or find a nearby parking garage simply out of principle.

The hotel is not in the heart of South Beach. There are some cute restaurants nearby. We went to a nearby Italian place, Macchialina. There is a burger joint in walking distance, too. It would be trek to get to the beach. It is a nice change of pace if you frequent South Beach.

Room Tip: I had room 622. The view was amazing. Wonderful room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were worried that the staff might be stuffy but that was definitely not the case, everyone was very nice from top to bottom. We were upgraded to a balcony suite because I mentioned that we smoke a cigar now and then. Room was beautiful, but we might be spoiled since we had room #2 on the penthouse level. If you like balcony privacy, this is the best room in the place. The pool facilities and service are the best we have ever encountered. Loved the happy hour.

Room Tip: PH 2 is a 1 bdrm balcony suite that faces NE with a great view of the island and its shaded during t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wwlljj

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this kind review. We are delighted our attentive and friendly staff helped to make your stay memorable. We trust you will join us again when you are next in Miami.

Best regards.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Truly fantastic hotel, everything you could want; especially with the Penthouse upgrade! Special mention for David, a real gentleman & Andrea on the front desk for being an angel when we needed her - her fluency in many languages proved extremely useful.
Don't stay anywhere else, this is the hotel for you :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fino7
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind recommendation and recent visit. We're glad to know we delivered on our promise of friendly and attentive service. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Mondrian for a weekend wedding and I simply LOVE the atmosphere, rooms and stunning view from my studio suite... but what really amazed me was the service and attention I received at the "agua" spa at the hotel.
I was rushing out to make it on-time for the wedding and the staff went above and beyond to multi-task and help me getting ready. Elena who did my manicure and pedicure, was not only super professional but was conscious of my time limitations and suggested all kinds of creative ways to get my nails done in record time! I also had to get my hair done and the staff found me a celebrity hair stylist within an HOUR (Hernan Mora) who can in with his tools and magical touch and did my hair while my manicure was finishing up. I was in AWE and AMAZED at the fact that I was ALL DONE AND READY in about an hour and a half!!!!

I have been to many elegant and beautiful spas around the world, but this particular experience at the Mondrian will be one to remember. Not just because the space and rooms are stunning, but because the people and service was personalized, thoughtful and focused on my crazy rush and need to get out on time for my cousin's wedding.

Thank you Elena, Hernan and Agua team for making me feel like a total queen.

Room Tip: Get the water view for SURE it is worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lili G

Dear Lili,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us. We are happy you enjoyed your room with the Bay View, but are most pleased that you found our level of service to be accommodating and welcome. Our team throughout the hotel is dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner and we are delighted you found this to be the case. We hope you will join us again the next time you are in Miami.