“Large spacious suites and amazing views high up”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #40 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Cant fault , perfect stay. Was bit afraid of staying away from beach but its just 10 min away and views from the room were just perfect for staying in with few drinks and music before heading out for a nice dinner or walk at night. Clean and no nonsense service made the stay enjoyable . Wouldnt mind to come back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to have provided you with an enjoyable stay, thanks in part to our excellent service and unique setting. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Ellis

Write a ReviewReviews (3,926)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great way to be on South Beach and not have to deal with Washington Ave! I had a rental car and the valet staff was fantastic. The room was spacious and comfortable. I loved the play on blue and white Delft pottery in the hotel. Instead of classic scenes, it was images of Miami!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Keith,

Thank you. We're glad to have provided the perfect setting for your friend's birthday. We hope you will try us again soon as we've gotten only better over the past year.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I truly feel that the staff at this resort went out of their way to make our stay extraordinary.

We arrived at the resort Friday, August 30 around 7:30 a.m. for my sister’s bachelorette party weekend. We had assumed our room would not be ready so we planned to leave our luggage and start activities. During the attempt to check in, we were helped by staff membersl who were incredibly welcoming. We were all dressed up in our bride/bridesmaid gear and they were so kind to indulge my sister in discussing her wedding plans. I explained our plans and one of them looked up the reservation. He noticed that I had mistakenly booked a single bed instead of a double. Despite this being my mistake, He was able to fix it—not just by changing the room, but by upgrading us to a suite with a balcony on the penthouse level. Better yet, that suite was already ready and we were able to check in. We were thrilled.

I had already worked with the food and beverage manager via email, to set up breakfast reservations. The breakfast was to be the “orientation” of our trip where I filled the girls in on all of our plans. We sat down to breakfast and the manager came out to personally introduce herself, welcome us to the resort, and request that we let her know if we needed anything at all. Then she had mimosas sent to the table.

Following breakfast, we headed to the spa where we again very pleasantly welcomed and my sister was repeatedly congratulated by the staff. All three massage therapists were wonderful, professional and helpful.

I had made reservations with the pool manager to have a pool cabana for the day, but considering we had a red eye flight in and our room was ready, the group decided to take a nap. I emailed the manager and asked him to cancel the reservation because I knew we could not meet the food/beverage minimum required for cabana with such a late start. He emailed back and said to let him know when we were ready to visit the pool. When I arrived at the pool, I was alone, but found him and told him we would do the cabana another day. He insisted that he did not want us to miss out on that experience and had already made arrangements for us. He then took me to a beautiful private cabana overlooking the bay which he had reserved for us (along with some lounge chairs). He introduced me to who would be our wonderful server for the day. The girls finished their nap and came down to find me in the wonderful set-up! We had a fantastic day at the pool. The service was (obviously) incredible, the food and drinks were delicious and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. As we were leaving, the manager approached me and asked if we would like to cabana again the next day, which, of course, we jumped on! While I have good things to say about everyone at the resort so far, I want to say that he went way out of his way for us. He checked on us constantly throughout both days. He helped us in a silly scavenger hunt game we played. He was truly wonderful. I can honestly attribute a part of our successful weekend to him personally.

I can honestly say that all of the staff we interacted with were wonderful—down to the doorman who was always asking us about what fun things we were up to and laughing with us about our bachelorette party antics. I just do not have enough nice things to say about the staff of this facility. This weekend was not just a vacation for us, but a one-in-a-lifetime celebration of my sister. I truly feel that the staff of the Mondrian South Beach contributed to making this a weekend we will remember forever and I am extremely grateful.

Room Tip: The rooms with the bay views are amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Katie,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted our attentive staff and setting allowed for a memorable celebratory weekend. We hope to be your choice in hotels for all your Miami visits.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Only used the spa services. Had great massage and facial here. Hung by the pool, drank, ate, enjoyed the pool and bay views. I loved the ambience. I would go back again for more services the next time im there.

Room Tip: any room, im sure is good away from the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you. We're glad you enjoyed our spa and hope you will join us again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were big and clean, only issue is not enough closet space. Very modern. The bathroom/showers were very modern and big. The minibar was stocked nicely with a huge variety. The pool and the drinks were fantastic at any of the lounges or bars. The staff was very nice and helpful. the 24hr room service food was excellent as well. I recommend it for a long stay! 10 minutes from downtown and 5 minutes from south beach!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recommendation and recent visit. We are happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from our location to our service. We hope to welcome you back again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. We stayed fr honeymoon & was upgraded to penthouse floor with amazing views of the skyline at sunset & sunrise. Located opposite end to ocean drive so a 10-15 minute walk but this was just what we wanted as was quiet of a night & not all hustle & bustle. Hotel staff very friendly & concierge was brilliant for all our needs. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any1. Gorgeous pool, lovely surrounding area. Lobby is gorgeous to walk in2. Free wifi in the lobby & pool area. Only downside was drink/food from restaurant was expensive & mini bar really expensive. But didn knock our stay it was a 10 out if 10 stay & hotel

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for this kind review and your recent visit. We are delighted you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Every city I go to I stay at a Morgan's hotel. Always Mondrian in LA, Mondrian or shore club in Miami and Sanderson or st martins in London. Been this way for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately after this trip I'm done. They still haven't fixed the useless pool waitresses even though they are mentioned in 1/3 reviews. Hotel as it ages seems to attract more party trash tourists who come in at 3 and sing karaoke until 5. Menu reboot is ok but not worth the money at all. Twice at breakfast went to coffee stand to place my order after 15 minutes of sitting waiting for a waiter. Loved you Morgan's. enjoyed giving you maybe ten thousand dollars in the last few years but this trip is the last straw.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

We very much appreciate your loyalty to both Mondrian and Morgans and are truly sorry this stay was less than perfect. Our Guest Relations Manager will be in touch with you directly.