The Mondrian looked like a glamorous hotel choice for a city that is depicted in television and film as both luxurious and on trend. At a glimpse the hotel is bespoke and unique but taking a closer a look I was extremely disappointed with some of the finer details. The white curtains that surround the focal points of the pool were dirty and ripped and the 'kissing corners' that are proposed as private relaxation areas had dirty sheets/seats.
However, the staff particularly Nancy and the pool side were extremely helpful and friendly. In addition when our toilet began making extremely loud noises the engineering staff were on hand to immediately repair it.
Having spent the previous week in Orlando and you were given various benefits from you hotel such as free wifi/coffee etc NOTHING came free in this hotel. You have to pay for wifi in your room and a 4 drink hotel bar bill came to almost $80 which considering 4 drinks at Nikki beach during their 'Amazing Sundays' event cost half that it seemed a lot!
I didn't complain to the hotel as none of the above impacted negatively on my holiday and generally it was a really nice stay (hence the 4 star rating); however, the hotel just simply did not live up to my expectation of TV/film 'Miami fabulousness' or the pictures on their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach