This was my first experience with the Mondrian South Beach and as the HQ / Rest Stop for our Girls weekend - it was the perfect setting. The pool is the big draw and the absolute best feature of the hotel - it is big, open, facing the bay and filled with great staff (servers a little questionable), lots of chairs and a fun scene. Find David when you arrive at the pool. He is the most amazing, personable pool concierge I have had the privilege of dealing with. He will hook you up with chairs, towels and some fun. I only wish the servers, who seem to be MIA a lot of the time, were as good as all of the pool guys.
The rooms are nice. We had 4 rooms for the weekend and they varied in location and floors. Obviously the higher floors provide a great view over the bay. Do try to avoid the wheelchair accessible rooms as the bathroom design is terrible (no counter or sink space & the shower leaks all over the bathroom floor). All the rooms were big and spacious with a little kitchenette area and a sitting area. Make sure when you book, if you are there with someone else, to ensure you don't get one of the rooms with a double bed (still don't understand why any hotel would have a double in a huge room - there is lots of room for a king).
There is no "scene" at the Mondrian so you have to taxi over to the action. It is about a 5-10 minute cab ride. The distance was a nice retreat from the insanity that can be Ocean Blvd! But when you are coming or going from the hotel - stop by at the lobby bar and get Ivan to mix you up a stellar cocktail. He and his espresso martinis are another hidden gem! All in all, we all loved our stay and the service at the Mondrian and will be coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach