“Can't wait to return”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #40 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here for the WMC in March. I loved it. I loved the location too.

The pool overlooks downtown and has a giant adult sandpit with sun beds. The pool area has sun and shaded areas. Pool food was great – try the Chicken Salad with pineapple!! LUSH

It’s around a 10-15min walk to Collins / Beach so it might not be the perfect base for everyone but I personally loved the hotel and I think it’s worth the 6/7 dollar ride or walk! It’s also easy for going downtown too.

The only complaint I had was room service. 120 minutes wait for what was meant to be a prawn cocktail, but was in fact 4 x cold prawns (shrimps) with a pot of ketchup. But considering the hotel was fab other that, it was a teeny glitch and I didn’t have to pay for the food as I was unhappy with it.

Overall, I cannot wait to revisit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you. We can't wait for you to return either!

There are newer reviews for Mondrian South Beach Hotel

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great service, friendly staff, spacious rooms, excellent food, young and trendy atmosphere. I would strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
DelanoGuestRelations, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

After reading tons of reviews on TA decided to book the Mondrian for 5 nights in May.
Location is on the bay which means you are not in the heart of the action as mentioned in other reviews. This suited us (young couple, happy to walk home after a meal) but can understand it may not suit others. It's a 10 minute walk to the art deco district or Lincoln road. Or $6 in a cab
Also i think it's well reflected in the price as the sister hotel Delano on the beach would have worked out an extra £150 per night for just a basic room.
Rooms - Bay view Studio - was fantastic, large, well decorated, comfy bed, huge TV, kitchenette and shower room. Next time i would probably pay the extra for a balcony as the sunsets are amazing.
Breakfast included in the rate was excellent, continental, fresh and included pastries, fruit, yogurts, tea, cofee and juice. You can order off menu if you prefer.
Pool - great mon-weds, very busy at the weekends with the pool parties. Great vibe but we choose to join from 4pm as all day would have been a bit full on for us.
Drinks are expensive, but the service is excellent.
Pool loungers need replacing, as they are white they are getting a bit grubby.
Overall decor of the hotel was fantastic as was the service throughout, truely 5 star.
I would definately return and recommend an excellent value for money 5 star hotel

Room Tip: get a balcony, worth the extra
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JB1981London

Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted that our staff provided you with such a fabulous stay and hope to welcome you back soon. Please let me know if I may assist with your accommodations.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I love the Morgans group and have stayed at most of their properties so know what to expect.

It's a big properly. An enormous number of rooms. We had one the one bedroom suites. Lots of space but very sterile. The bed was good and nice TVs in both living area and bedroom.

The room service we had was absolutely atrocious and damn expensive. The price I expected, it's a Morgan's group hotel, not the quality.

The pool was nice and great for sunsets. Remember this is on the west side of South Beach so right the other side of Ocean Drive. There is not an enormous amount around the hotel. It's very residential.

Overall I probably wouldn't stay there again mainly because: A, I like to try different places and B, the room service was bad and C, location a bit off.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
DelanoGuestRelations, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and your loyalty to Morgans. We're glad you found our rooms to be sapcious and our views to be extraordinary. We're sorry that our room service menu wasn't to your liking.

We hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Mondrian for 5 days. It was the best 5 days ever, I always stay at the Mondrian when I visit Miami and I will continue to do so. The hotel staff was awesome! They took time the to ensure that my guest and I where happy and had a good time on our vacation/birthday celebration. Again I commend the management, the concierge and the pool staff they where awesome.

Room Tip: Bay View Rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
DelanoGuestRelations, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thanks Sheena! We're delighted we were able to help you celebrate and make this your best birthday ever! We hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

First time visiting South Beach and glad we chose this hotel. Far enough away from all the partying to get a good night sleep, but still close enough to walk most places. Only stayed for 1 night before departing on a cruise. Did not have much time to really explore the hotel other than the lobby and our room. The room was very spacious and clean. Had a view overlooking South Beach and it was fantastic, I bet the view overlooking the bay is just as nice. Having a Starbucks just one block away is a bonus.

I would defiantly stay at this hotel again next visit to South Beach. Only hiccup we had was arriving 1-hour before check-in time and our room not being ready. They did not offer us another room or to take our luggage while we wait. Were forced to just hang around the lobby until our room was ready.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
DelanoGuestRelations, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and this review. We are glad you enjoyed your night and hope that you had as good a time on your cruise. We hope you will come back and enjoy our spa, amazing pool and fabulous restaurant on your next visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Massage at Agua Spa was an excellent experience.Staff was friendly and courteous the accomadated us and the massage therapist(Silvia)was amazing! Thanks

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you. We hope you will join us again soon for more pampering.