Hello everyone! I'm a SPG Platinum member and stayed here in Feb using points. The W is a brand new Starwoods hotel on Miami beach. I thinks its around 21st and collins. Its walkable to Ocean Drive however at night if you're dressed up you would want to take cab.
We took a cab from the airport and its a flat fee (forgot what it is). Check in was a breeze and I was lucky enough the get upgraded to a cool corner room suite on the 10th floor. I have stayed at many Starwood properties and the room ranks prob. in the top 4 rooms that I have stayed in. It was a 2-bedroom 2 bath suite with direct views of the ocean. There was a balcony of the main bedroom and a huge wrap around balcony of the living room and second bedroom. It was 1500 SQ feet. Huge Huge. There was a full kitchen and 3 flat screen TV's.
My wife and I loved the room. It was chic spacious and had awesome views. There were chairs and a table outside on the balcony so you could relax enjoy drinks or a meal out there.
The hotel is very nice. Mr Chow's is located in the hotel although not part of it. You cannot charge the meal to the room. Mr. Chows was awesome great food, pretty awesome scene and excellent service. Would go back in a heart beat. We did have breakfast at the other rest in the W (forgot the name) and it was fine. We also ate by the pool on day for lunch. Food was fine but service was a bit lacking. The waitress seem to be a bit overwhelmed with tables.
The pool was fine and the beach also. You can get umbrellas etc at the beach. They are set up by the W staff.
Now being a W hotel one has to expect there to be a scene esp. in Miami and it was that. At night the place is a hot spot and gets very crowded at both the Living room bar in the hotel and the Wall the night club at the W. Be prepared to here music all night and when the bars let out you will hear people screaming trying to hail cabs. Our room was on the 10th floor and you could here music and people all night. This is not a complaint but part of the atmosphere. If you want dead quiet and no scene this hotel is not for you.
Now a couple of negatives which I already addressed with management on a seperate email.
1. The second bathroom had dried urine on the toilet. kind of nasty and I cleaned it myself. Management responded with en email apology and they would talk to housekeeping.
2. The shower in the second bath backed up with dirt and debris coming up from the drain. I called the front desk and maintanance arrived at my door very quickly. They fixed the problem.
Besides these two issues we we enjoyed our stay and loved the room. It was a bit noisy at night but it was not unexpected since the W right now is prob. one of the hotest hotels in Miami. Any questions please let me know and be sure check out my other reviews on SPG properites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach