“When you need to getaway”
Review of W South Beach

W South Beach
Ranked #16 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love the Miami W
This is our 4th trip in 3 years and its always great but this trip was extra special thanks to your entire team from front of the house to housekeeping.

Special thanks to Ashley Tobon for making us feel at home and relaxed once we arrived until we checked out. It's the atmosphere that we enjoy and the customer service is what brings us back.

Rooms are modern clean and inspiring. The gardens are fun to walk through. The main pool is fun but the private pool is better. The music is always on point throughout the hotel. The food is good. The service is quick. People are nice and get what you need when you ask for it. There's some eye candy being Miami so there's good looking people to check out. Always a plus. The ocean is beautiful and right there outside off an amazing beachwalk. Ill shut up now

See you in December

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Nenehz

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my second stay at the W South beach.
Here are my views on the following items in this hotel:
Rooms: fair sized, typically W vibe, some corners starting to show a bit of wear but overall not bad.
Pool: quite crowded on the weekend. There is another smaller more quiet pool.
Food: did not bother since the pool side food and the breakfast were not that good on the previous stay.

While most of the staff were courteous and polite overall, there were a number of issues.

Firstly, the duvets were quite worn out. The material inside had become hard and gritty. It took two different groups of people to come up before they understood and changed my duvet.
I've stayed at a lot of hotels and never had felt anything so bad!

I stayed at a fabulous suite and on the first day I opened up the window but somehow it could not close. Because it was a saturday night, it was quite noisy. I asked for someone to come up and close the window but no one came. After awhile I gave up and called back to tell them not to send anyone tonight because it was getting late. So the first night sleep did not go well and next morning required more coffee to wake up.

On the second day we went out in the morning and afternoon but returned by around 3:30 for some rest. I was quite surprised to find that our room was not cleaned yet. I called whatever/whenever and was told that housekeeping service could be anytime between 9am to 6pm but they would send someone now. After almost an hour still no one came and another call was made to reception.

On the third night something strange happened. At around 1030pm, someone knocked on our door. We were a little concerned since we had not called for any services. Because I was at the other end of the room, by the time I walked to the door, the person from the outside had already started to open the door. Fortunately, I arrived at the door right in time to flip the security latch over. Through the gap there were two people looked like they were from housekeeping. I asked them what did they want and their reply was "just checking if you are good". The only thing I can think of was that at night they were supposed to put bottled water and chocolate on the night table and they did not do that on that particular night. Still, I find it somewhat bizarre to get a knock on my door at 1030 pm.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul L
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel staff and management works tirelessly to satisfy all your wishes. Obviously the customer service training has paid off. The room attendant Paulette D. And her co worker Juan Martinez learned that it was our 30th wedding anniversary. They surprised us with a cake and a bottle of champagne delivered to the room! They were really happy for us. This was an amazing surprise. We will definately be back. Great weekend getaway spot.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The service I received during my stay at the W was spectacular. Gaby De Falco helped organize and arrange my plans while in Miami, and I couldn't have had a better time thanks to her help. If you're looking for a luxury hotel with a helpful staff, you won't do better than Gaby and the W. Will be staying at the W exclusively during my next Miami trip! Also grateful to Manny at the pool for being so helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding on Miami beach. Everything about the hotel is amazing, the pools are great, especially the adults only pool. All the staff are really friendly and helpful. Everywhere is immaculately clean, and the rooms are gorgeous. We cant wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day mini-break at the W Hotel and would definitely return. I have been visiting South Beach for 16 years and this hotel is my favourite all round package (style, staff, rooms, ambiance, attitude, service). The rooms are fantastic (remember to ask for south facing), the pool is chilled chic 24/7 with great service at the pool bar. The Dutch restaurant serves a mean breakfast and the concierge service is excellent and well organised.

Room Tip: Ask for South side.. Better views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Going to South Beach Miami, you must stay at this fabulous Hotel. Positioned on South Beach, there is plenty to see nearby but, why leave the hotel!.
We had a fantastic room that was fitted with the latest digital audio and TVs. We had a microwave and coffee machine.

The Bathroom is fab with a Jacuzzi and separate shower. Maid service was first class. Facilities were excellent. WiFi also. A great stop for us before our Cruise to the Caribbean.

Will stay here again.