Despite some of the negative reviews, we booked this hotel because of a good deal through Amex/SPG.
1) Amazing location - on the beach, walking distance to many restaurants and shops, quick cab ride to other popular Miami beach locations
2) Nice rooms - large balconies with ocean view, nice design
3) Friendly staff - despite some issues, we found the staff to be friendly and helpful - especially the manager at WET - the pool side restaurant/bar; the staff at the Dutch were also wonderful during our daily breakfast
1) Room issues: toilet stopped working twice, sink stopped draining one day, internet only worked in 1/2 the room- these were mostly addressed quickly when we complained
2) Pool: super LONG wait for food by the pool (1 hr+) - was apparently due to miscommunication between wait staff , manager addressed it, and sent us comp. drinks
Overall we had a good experience - enjoyed our balcony, the beach, and the pool. Issues were mainly dealt with efficiently, and the staff were friendly. Worth booking if you get a good rate w/ breakfast + resort credits included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach