W South Beach
Kimpton
$498
$358
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$236
$178
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
$290
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
$429
$287
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$198
3,926 results
All reviewsoasis suitemr choww insiderbliss spadutch restaurantsouth beachmega suitebliss productshospitality suitespg platinumpool arealiving roomhigh floorbeautiful hotelpool stafflate checkoutocean view
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I Stayed in the Mega suite the week of 1\20
We arrived at 5.30pm to check in to our suite. our baby had enough traveling for 1 day and was crying non stop , we just wanted to get in to the room. As the procees of checking in was almost completed we were informed that our room was not ready yet(!) and it will take another 20+ minutes as a 'supervisor' is reviewing the room. OMG check in is at 4. She then offered us to wait in the bar , sure with a crying baby. finally 20 minutes later we were let in to our room.

The Mega room has 2 floors. 1st has bathroom, kitchen, sleeping and living area with a porch. the 2nd level is basically a outdoor deck featuring a kitchenete which i did not use, big open deck and plunge pool.

Overall the room was very nice and clean (we did find a dirty sock in the closet from a previous guest..)

The reason for 1 star is as follows,

1) The above mentioned check in process with room not being ready at 530pm

2) the main reason i stayed in the meag suit was because of the plunge pool. the problem is I was never able to use since it is not heated and the sun did not shine on the pool a whole day so it was freezing cold. paid $1000\nt for this room which is way more then my regular budget but i wanted to experince a private pool...which i did not use

3) The construction noise was unbearable loud. could not enjoy laying out on the porch at all

4) Before i booked this room i called 5 times the W to make sure that the the plunge pool area is private since i dont like getting in to the pool with a crowd of onlookers peering down from above rooms . I was assured each and every time that it is private and no one can see it. Well what do you know, i check out the pool and look up and see the pool is very visable to the other rooms. False info..

5) By checkout when i mentioned i was not fully satisfied i was told a manager will call me to discuss the issues. No one ever called me.

this is the first time i stayed in a hotel and was not satisfied at all. feels like i wasted money for no reason.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank madrich36
WSoBe, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hello madrich36,

Thank you for giving a review from your stay with us. We understand that traveling with children can be challenging and we do apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived. We do have some of the largest rooms in South Beach with many distinct features and amenities, such as the Mega Suite which is the reason for your stay with us. Your experience is very important to us and we will be addressing this with the General Manager. We would love to speak with you about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com with the best way to contact you.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Let me say that I LOVED the property. The rooms are fantastic and I was upgraded due to my Starwood Platinum Status. Since it's a new property, the room. The main pool is a great place to spend your day and the beach is just steps off the property. Love the Bliss Spa there as well. s were clean and modern. I loved the views from the suite, private balcony and the kichenette. Room for improvement:
Staff: they were nice enough but no one was very helpful. I know it's South Beach but the service at other like properties in South Beach is superb. Well, except for Gabi -- she was fantastic!
Check-in/Check-out: The 4pm check-in and subsequent early check-out (11am?) cuts into your stay.

Overall, if you are looking for a great accommodations, nice pool, cool restaurants/bars all in one place - you have found it. Just know that there are some upcharges and they are not cheap.

Room Tip: request a higher floor closer to the beach
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Saminish,

Thank you for giving your feedback from your stay. We love our SPG Members and we are so happy you love our hotel as much as we do. The beach is the perfect place to enjoy a day in the sun and like you said its only steps outside the hotel. The service we provide our guests is very important to us and we would like to speak with you about this so our General Manager can address. We will be sharing your shout out to Gabi with our whole team. Please email us so we will be able to speak with you more, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The W in South Beach is a beautiful property. The modern decor and trendy vibe was a bit of overkill for me - it tries too hard. However, the beach was great and the pool set up was truly perfect in every way. Great pool, plenty of room for everyone to get a chair (in fairness, it was early November and traffic may not have been at its peak, but it was a holiday weekend also). The poolside service, drinks, and food were great. The food overall (pool and restaurant) was great. Misses for me include the rooms - they are decked out with uber-modern style but lack warmth; the service other than the pool- nothing warm and inviting about it, as though they could take it or leave it if you were there or not; and the prices were just too expensive for what you get. I am not usually a complainer on this and usually spend too much for conveniences and luxuries. But they go too far, I think. The rooms are appointed with tons of mini-bar type stuff but on steroids- way overpriced snacks, intimacy items, and full size bottles of liquor that the average guest is just not going to pop open and doesn't need to stare at it taking up room on the coffee table. Also, wireless fees are common still, I know, but when you are paying to stay at a nice place, a daily fee for Internet that barely worked is really annoying. For such a modern place, the least they can do is grant you this modern amenity for free. Or with a consistent signal. All in all, the things that annoyed me are unfortunately what stuck with me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sesame77

Hello sesame77,

We would like to thank you for giving a review from your stay with us. W’s are known for having a modern look/style which we combined with the Miami cool. Our pool is a great place to relax in the warm Miami sun but don’t forget to sink your toes into the sand right outside. The service we provide to our guests is of the upmost importance and we will be giving your review to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. Please email your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com to speak with you in regards to your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

You could not pay me to set foot in this place again. Arrived at 1pm and when we asked for an eta on when our room might be ready so we could plan our afternoon, just got a canned "we cannot gaurantee check in prior to 4pm-that's all I'm allowed to say ma'am" over and over, wouldn't even call housekeeping to get an estimate. When we finally got into our "partial oceanview room" there was no visible ocean whatsoever-just a massive loud parking lot we were hanging over listening to valet guys shout at each other constantly. Called front desk thinking we had been put in wrong room-but was informed that you could see a bit of the ocean from the balcony. Went out to check, and sure enough if you hung over the railing of the balcony and peeked around the cement slab of the adjacent wall you could catch a glimpse of the far off ocean when the wind blew the palm trees apart. We were then told that there was a room we could be moved to, then told 30mins later that that was a mistake, then 30 mins later told they had a room on the north side of the building we could move to. We asked about the construction on that side of the buliding and were told that it shouldn't bother us as long as we didn't stay in the room too long. Long story short at 11pm we realized our horrible room was adjoining the nightclub when our bed started vibrating to the music seeping through the floor. Six phone calls later with the incompetent manager we packed our bags and left around 12:30am to go find a room we could sleep in a different hotel. Spent another 2 hours of my vacation getting the W to release the almost $3k "hold" on my credit card for room charges even though we didn't spend a single night there. In short-the most shocking incompetence I have ever experienced at a hotel. Do not stay here. You will regret it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank SeasonedTraveler1000

Hello SeasonedTraveler1000,

Thank you for giving your feedback from your experience with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay. We take great pride in the service we provide and your feedback will be given to the General Manager to address our Service Culture. We would love to speak with you about your stay with you. Please email us your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My flight landed at 8 AM and I got to this W Hotel around 10 AM. The front staff got me into a suite, immediately. I couldn't be more pleased with the layout - kitchenette, dishes/silverware/glasses, microwave, 2 televisions within 10 feet of each other (LOL -- why!), a very large bathroom with vanity for 2, and a shower for 6 people. There are some visually stunning details and ideas.

I urge you to get a room on the front of the building facing the parking lot. You can not hear the ocean due to the deafening construction noise. The construction ceases around sunset and it's pleasant to have a cool breeze on your skin.

Also, get a laugh out of the charges for the snack food -- starting around $15 for nuts and sky rocketing. There is a Walgreens across the parking lot up about 6 blocks -- stockpile water, snacks, and other needs for the cost of one convenient container of cashews!! Staff obviously doesn't check the cleverly opened snacks -- someone ate half the cashews (it's obvious!) out of a no-longer-sealed container.

I don't mind uppity but lacking class and character makes the moment stale. I found the pool to be very small and unexceptional. I understand that the beach gear (umbrellas, cabanas, chairs) are run by another company -- well, they are crooks. The cabana beds cost $100... similar beds are $30 at the Loews (which I love!). I am amused that buying a muffin comes with a 18% service charge -- it's not a lot of money given the $5 paid PLUS service charge/taxes.

House cleaning is handicapped with the supplies and manpower to do their job. You get one shot at getting the room cleaned. And, get ready for interruptions for turn down service (I was having sex ... very good sex ... when staff would not stop knocking at the door). It was a humorous moment (she said - in jest - that "I wasn't right" where I cleverly and jokingly told her "it takes one to know one").

I didn't eat at the restaurants or order food service. I make great money but I got very, very sensitive to their poor pricing strategy. Fortunately, I used points to pay for my stay but I strongly recommend that Starwood decrease their ranking of this property.

Room Tip: I urge you to get a suite over the parking lot given the deafening construction on the other side of the property. I also urge you to go to the Walgreens which is a 10 minute walk to stockpile on water, sodas, and snacks - all food amenities in your room are ridiculously priced. I urge you to be aware of the pricing for the cabanas -- you do get 2 free chairs on the beach to use. I'm a fan of the Loews Hotel nearby.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank FieldTripBuddy

Hello FieldTripBuddy,

Thank you for supplying your feedback from your stay. We do offer many amenities for different types travelers. We do apologize that your snacks were not refreshed properly when you arrived to your room. We would like to speak with you more in regards to your stay. Please email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com with your contact information.