Despite a great location, well appointed rooms with good views and a nice beach area, this place was a bit weird and left my wife and I rather unsatisfied. Some examples included:
- On check-in we were asked which newspaper we wanted. We asked if we could have both and were told this was "not possible"
- A wind-chime decoration in the bedroom was bizarrely positioned in front of the A/C fan. This should have been a pretty obvious oversight but woke us up intermittently each night
- The pool area is far too small for the size of the hotel and there were no chairs available when we headed down before 9am on both weekend days. Based on the space being utterly devoid of people and the size of the tips being handed out when people arrived mid-morning, it appeared the "no reservation" policy was selectively adhered to
- The hotel boasts of a complimentary Acura car service. We were 0/3 when requesting the car during our stay
- Cleaning service occurs each day at 4pm
- We requested a ONE hour extended check out to accommodate our late flight. We were refused
- Waited 20 minutes for bell service to help with luggage on departure. Slightly ironic given the inflexibility over the late check out
If, however, you do stay at the W South Beach, the outdoor seating at the Dutch restaurant is an excellent option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach