“great location, fantastic service”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jamaica
“great location, fantastic service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This SLS looks out for your every need. Pool chairs with pillows, beach chairs, and a first rate front desk makes staying here a real pleasure. Concierge knows everything and walking distance from Lincoln road makes the locale perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear MRCONNOLLY, I’m glad to hear to hear that you had such a great time at the hotel and that the concierges were able to assist with all of your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Brickell
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was out with my girlfriend last week to pamper her with a nice dinner. She always mentioned the bazaar at the SLS hotel and decided to surprise her. I was greeted by Josh (I believe he's Cuban) who was very knowledgeable of the food. He recommended me a few items such as: Bao con lechon, Kueh pai ti, and pollo al ajillo. We finished off with the key lime pie and it was exquisite. It really made my night a special one. Anyone going to dine at the bazaar ask for Josh!

Mark

• Stayed February 2014
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
The fact that you feel that SLS Hotel South Beach is the best Hotel on the beach brings me great joy, as the staff works very hard to ensure that all guests have an amazing time while on property. Thank you for the kind words about Josh I will be sure to share the feedback with him. The key lime pie from the Bazaar is also one of my favorite dishes you have great taste. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This review is long overdue. I spent a long weekend at the SLS with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. The accommodations and service we received were nothing short of amazing. Susie, the hotel manager could not have been more helpful and generous. At check in we were immediately upgraded. The hotel itself was stunning.The pool area is also absolutely gorgeous and the poolside cocktails are some of the best I've ever had. They went above and beyond to help make his birthday one to remember. I have stayed at multiple hotels on Collins, some much more expensive even but SLS is the place to be. SLS has surpassed my expectation and I can't recommend this hotel enough! I'm looking forward to going back soon!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money on a larger size room. The rooms run small so it will be more than worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Ashley G thank you for reviewing SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for the kind words about Susie she is a great asset to the hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoy the unique design of the hotel as we are very proud of our little boutique on the beach. We hope to have you back to the hotel in the close future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at the hotel in February for my birthday weekend with friends. The hotel was amazing and the service was bar none. I felt so pampered and special. They upgraded my room to a villa and sent up a bottle of wine and tarts to wish me a happy birthday. The villa was huge--with a balcony/terrace overlooking the pool, a super comfortable bed, and a massive bathroom with a separate shower and a soaking tub, lots of closet space, etc. The room was stocked with all the ammenities you could imagine. I knew going into the room (because the hotel told me) that it would be loud at night as it was right over Hyde Beach, but we didn't mind and I actually slept through the music. Hyde Beach itself has a great vibe and was lots of fun--good music, great drinks, pretty setting. Because we were hotel guests, getting into Hyde Beach was easy breezy (no lines or waiting). Breakfast--an upscale continental breakfast--was included in the room and it was great. The pool staff, conceirge, front desk, pretty much everyone was super friendly and helpful. The beach service was also nice. The hotel has a great, fun vibe and is located within walking distance of everything. I strongly recommend it for a South Beach experience.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, consider not getting a villa over a weekend when Hyde Beach is in full s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your candid review on SLS Hotel South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you had the chance to experience one of our villas and all of the great amenities that come with it. It is always great to hear positive comments about the staff, I will be sure to share the feedback with them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a magnificent stay at the SLS in Miami. At the hotel, We dined at the Bazaar and Katsuya restaurants which were out of this world amazing. The concierge, staff and everyone who worked at the hotel were all very friendly and professional. The location is also perfect to walk to Lincoln Road and the other local hangouts. We will be heading back later this year and look forward to our stay.

Room Tip: Villa Rooms are fantastic if you want to spend the money!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. I am glad that you had the chance to review both of our amazing restaurants. Thank you for the kind words about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Not big on writing reviews but really had to share my experience.

First of all BIG thank you for making our Anniversary of 12 years memorable Jovany (server).
Just pleasant all around. Both my husband and I had an awesome time an getaway from our little ones. We felt very special that evening.

I knew it would be a great place to celebrate from the moment I called to make reservations. Once seated Jovany our server put the icing on the cake for us. Thank you again!!!!

Highly recommend this restaurant, amazing food, atmosphere and staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I am very happy to hear that you usually do not leave reviews however the service you received while at SLS promoted post a review. Thank you for the kind words about Jovany I will be sure to share your positive comments with him. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2014

An unexpected WOW!
Last week, for our last night stay in south beach, my two daughters (13 and 10 years
old), one of their friends as well as my self (father) had the privilege of staying at the SLS. Upon arrival, at the front desk I met with Justin Henry from guest services. I explained to him my situation regarding the three children and the fact that it would be uncomfortable and inappropriate for me to share a room with them since only two of the kids were mine.
Justin was very sympathetic and super accommodating and an incredible human being! WOW! You don't meet too many of those now a days.
Keep in mind that it was the winding down of the boat show as well as the begging of the Food and Wine. Point is.. A very busy time in south beach.
In no time, with out a prior reservation Justin was able to place us into an incredible connecting double suite! Words aren't enough to describe this suite, the details, the finishings, the huge sun deck.. Insane!! Just awesome! The same goes for the rest of the hotel as well as all of the personnel who make this place function flawlessly.
The grounds and the two pools are beautiful and the restaurants are incredible, awesome set up. We loved this place!!
I just want to once again say THANK YOU to Justin and the rest of the crew who worked during our stay at the SLS!!

• Stayed February 2014
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Here at SLS Hotel South Beach we strive to give our guests that WOW moment so it brings me great joy to know that we did this for you. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff, Justin is a rock star and I will be sure to share your feedback with him. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.